Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Big Ten rumor - 10 Game Conference Only Season

Guest #1Stunner

For BYU, it means a lost game hosting Michigan State, and and a lost road game at Minnesota.  (I'm sure these will be rescheduled to future years).

BYU might have to arrange a hodge podge of Indys, and home and home games with USU and Boise.   Especially if half the MWC doesn't play any games (not sure if the California schools will be allowed to play).

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

For BYU, it means a lost game hosting Michigan State, and and a lost road game at Minnesota.  (I'm sure these will be rescheduled to future years).

BYU might have to arrange a hodge podge of Indys, and home and home games with USU and Boise.   Especially if half the MWC doesn't play any games (not sure if the California schools will be allowed to play).

Dude, no one cares about BYU’s scheduling issues. You clowns made your bed.

Guest #1Stunner
29 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Dude, no one cares about BYU’s scheduling issues. You clowns made your bed.

K

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

So basically the same time the PAC-12 was supposed to have their meeting this week. Covid has been a little tougher on the West Coast lately so I guess that's why they have delayed it.

Any thoughts on if the only 1/2 of the MWC will be willing to play games this season?

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Any thoughts on if the only 1/2 of the MWC will be willing to play games this season?

If it comes down to that, then we play everyone twice and freeze out BYU.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, sean327 said:

season 13 GIF

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, sean327 said:

BYU actually brings attendance vs Boise and USU (who are already scheduled).

If you play a schedule like you are suggesting, social distancing won't be a problem.  

Empty Stadiums.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

season 13 GIF

Till the day I die! BYU can suck a fat one! They are dead to me. You on the other hand, I actually like, so don’t take my BYU hatred personally.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, sean327 said:

Till the day I die! BYU can suck a fat one! They are dead to me. You on the other hand, I actually like, so don’t take my BYU hatred personally.

OK, I'm not taking it personally.  I did enjoy the recent BYU vs UNM basketball game.

I have no idea what will happen with scheduling in these crazy times... Just following the news.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

The only teams in the MW I see not playing are the Cali schools. Not sure about Hawaii but I'd imagine they would play. I just don't think anyone in the MWC can afford not to play.

Bit without the big money games against the P5, some schools might not risk it.

Good point.

Reminds me of when Chicago State said they wouldn't participate in the WAC Tourney.

I think UNLV might cancel their football season. 

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

OK, I'm not taking it personally.  I did enjoy the recent BYU vs UNM basketball game.

I have no idea what will happen with scheduling in these crazy times... Just following the news.

Utah had a record setting day for new cases, 722 today. That's not encouraging. I can't imagine that the LDS Church would allow fans in the stands at BYU, unless things drastically improve over the next 6 weeks.  Any word yet on how BYU is leaning?

Not to turn this into a religious discussion, but I've been very impressed with how the LDS Church has dealt with the virus. They have been extremely cautious in our area.  In my local congregation, you are allowed to go once a month to Sunday Service (limiting the number attending). You can only sit together with members of your family. Face-masks are highly recommended.  You cannot visit in the halls or entry ways.  When the service is done they stagger when you can leave. Church service is only an hour long and people over age 65 or have weakened immune systems are encouraged to stay home until and not attend until we enter the next phase.

Utah will follow whatever the PAC12 decides. They are the dog and we are the tail. Its looking pretty grim at this point.

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Utah had a record setting day for new cases, 722 today. That's not encouraging. I can't imagine that the LDS Church would allow fans in the stands at BYU, unless things drastically improve over the next 6 weeks.  Any word yet on how BYU is leaning?

Not to turn this into a religious discussion, but I've been very impressed with how the LDS Church has dealt with the virus. They have been extremely cautious in our area.  In my local congregation, you are allowed to go once a month to Sunday Service (limiting the number attending). You can only sit together with members of your family. Face-masks are highly recommended.  You cannot visit in the halls or entry ways.  When the service is done they stagger when you can leave. Church service is only an hour long and people over age 65 or have weakened immune systems are encouraged to stay home until and not attend until we enter the next phase.

Utah will follow whatever the PAC12 decides. They are the dog and we are the tail. Its looking pretty grim at this point.

I really don't know how BYU is leaning, but my guess is that the Church / BYU will err on the side of caution (similar to your post), and may go as far as cancelling the entire season if they feel it is the prudent thing to do.

I think that some schools are pushing forward, because they have so much money invested in college athletics, and feel like they can't afford to not play a season.   

It makes sense that Utah will join its conference decision.  

BYU want to open the new Stadium in Las Vegas on August 23rd, 28th or 29th?  I am sure Cal Bears will cancel on UNLV.

BYU doesn't play Utah until the 3rd which PAC-12 will likely cancel.

Call us and beg for the opportunity or we will schedule UNR for the 1st game instead.

stadium.jpg.83b9cef73baadfcda83e3c1b3d55e05f.jpg

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU actually brings attendance vs Boise and USU (who are already scheduled).

If you play a schedule like you are suggesting, social distancing won't be a problem.  

Empty Stadiums.

Nobody is bringing attendance this year😄

9 hours ago, Fowl said:

I’m guessing the B1G schools are going to claim force majeure on their OOC contracts. 

What a bad year to have scheduled that body bag game your AD absolutely needed for the money. yikes.

10 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Way to many fans for a UNLV game.

The first game should be pretty well attended.  I will be going when allowed and SDSU is there.  UNLV is going to have the problem of a lot of visitors for their team's first road game vs them