Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happycamper

Joe Biden- No Assault Weapons (for poor people)

Biden wants to regulate "assault weapons" under the national firearms act. 200 bucks tax annually and for transfer.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Another ridiculous legislative proposal that won’t do anything to curb violent crime. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just another Dem tax.

Basically, you will end up with a large black market of weapons and the Feds hunting down people for not paying their gun taxes.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Will have 0 impact on mass shootings.  Nobody who wants to kill dozens of people is going to be like "whelp, that extra $200 is the deal breaker, guess all my classmates get to live".  All it is going to do is punish poor people who want to exercise their second amendment rights.

34 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Biden wants to regulate "assault weapons" under the national firearms act. 200 bucks tax annually and for transfer.

Is there more to this? Is this part of something bigger? I kinda feel like this tax is not a lone thing on a bill just to get $200.

7 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Is there more to this? Is this part of something bigger? I kinda feel like this tax is not a lone thing on a bill just to get $200.

Politicians love to use their econ 101 skills to assume that they are going to alter the demand curve by price inflation and forget the whole negative externalities poriton.

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m sure such significant measures will make some people feel good.  😂 

Probably not the thousands of people getting gunned down by folks with the more accurate notion of "assault weapon", a handgun.  Just not scary-looking enough I guess.

15 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The national firearms act regulates automatic weapons and whatnot and that's where the taxes come from. they were punitive in 1934 but haven't been raised since then. 

All I see this doing is making sure that lawyers in St Louis can keep their ARs while protesters can by and by afford them less and less and less. huzzah

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

22 minutes ago, happycamper said:

The national firearms act regulates automatic weapons and whatnot and that's where the taxes come from. they were punitive in 1934 but haven't been raised since then. 

All I see this doing is making sure that lawyers in St Louis can keep their ARs while protesters can by and by afford them less and less and less. huzzah

Oh, so he just wants to raise the existing tax?

Just now, toonkee said:

Oh, so he just wants to raise the existing tax?

there is no existing tax. it would also make it so you can't buy a new "Assault weapon" but all existing ones would be grandfathered in... so their value would raise. there's also millions of them right now.

31 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Probably not the thousands of people getting gunned down by folks with the more accurate notion of "assault weapon", a handgun.  Just not scary-looking enough I guess.

One interesting note about Finland. It’s much easier to get a semiautomatic rifle there than it is a handgun. To own a handgun there, you have to provide a legitimate justification, such as being a business owner and having to transport cash or valuable liquid assets. The reason is their government recognizes that a handgun is the preferred weapon of criminals because they’re easier to conceal. 

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

there is no existing tax. it would also make it so you can't buy a new "Assault weapon" but all existing ones would be grandfathered in... so their value would raise. there's also millions of them right now.

I see. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

One interesting note about Finland. It’s much easier to get a semiautomatic rifle there than it is a handgun. To own a handgun there, you have to provide a legitimate justification, such as being a business owner and having to transport cash or valuable liquid assets. The reason is their government recognizes that a handgun is the preferred weapon of criminals because they’re easier to conceal. 

Their politicians are obviously smarter than ours, in that regard.  

20 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

danny devito wow GIF by QuickBooks

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Lol can’t wait to start arguing about guns again instead of everything else. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Joe Biden and most Democrats are absolutely terrified of legally armed poor people and minorities. It’s time for African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and all people of color to leave the DNC and vote for JoJo, a highly educated and articulate woman who will stand up for their rights and who also hasn’t sexually assaulted anyone.