Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

UNLV, Hawaii, Boise,

On 7/7/2020 at 1:48 AM, Warbow said:

Seriously Hawaii and UNLV would be the best adds for the PAC, been saying this for years. Both are great destinations with great potential, plus new stadiums.

It’s AMAZING how much this has been covered in the last 10 years of expansion threads, yet there’s always some dummies like you that can never ever understand and get it through their heads that the PAC-12 is an academic conference. Period, end of story. They are academic elitist snobs. If you can’t ADD ELITE ACADEMICS, everything else means shit. Yes, shit. Maybe in 40 years it’ll be different, but it’s reality now.

The PAC will never take a FB only school, anyway. They will look at your new G5 stadium with only 35k seats and laugh at you if you suggest it’s worthy of the PAC-12. It’s bad enough as it is that they have one facilities embarrassment in grandfather’d in Washington St. Your best shot at P5 or P6 would be scoping out some Japanese colleges and teaching them how to play football, so maybe in 75 years. 

kat.jpg

On 7/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, BobWilson said:

Years ago academic standing was top consideration for the PAC membership. Boise State, Hawaii, and UNLV would have received zero consideration.  Some PAC faculties were even a bit uneasy in admitting Utah and Colorado, both head and shoulders above the aforementioned schools. Today we live by the "Golden Rule" - he/she who has the gold makes the rules, so any conference rearrangement is possible if there is sufficient money to be had.

WTF are you talking about? Nothing has changed. The PAC is still an academic conference, period. 

kat.jpg

On 7/8/2020 at 4:28 PM, Warbow said:

Take your time...it should be a while before you come up with something.

Dude, overall Hawaii athletics suck. Men’s basketball is garbage. FB is mostly garbage with a decent season once in a while. And then you have your perpetually mega dysfunctional athletic department that has yet to prove anything will ever get better. 

kat.jpg

38 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, overall Hawaii athletics suck. Men’s basketball is garbage. FB is mostly garbage with a decent season once in a while. And then you have your perpetually mega dysfunctional athletic department that has yet to prove anything will ever get better. 

Hahahaha I must have struck a nerve recently, stalking in progress.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, Ibanez said:

No one cares about volleyball and Hawaii basketball would be a turd if it was in a decent conference.

So you're saying Hawaii would be competitive in the Pac12 in Basketball!!!

On 7/10/2020 at 4:07 AM, Nevada Convert said:

You kept going on and on about how great Hawaii is, and I just did you a favor in bringing you back down to earth. 🙂👍

Every time a Nevada fan thinks our University / program is a turd, I keep hearing the clanking of your bleacher seating at your stadium and I think nice thoughts like “it’s a community school” and you’re trying. 

No disrespect to other Nevada fans.  

You’ll find me at the GSR club after the games vs Hawaii.  I’ll buy the beer.

On 7/7/2020 at 2:10 PM, Ibanez said:

No one cares about volleyball and Hawaii basketball would be a turd if it was in a decent conference.

Hawaii basketball since joining is currently middle of the pack.  Except for '15-'16, they have always ended up 4th or 5th place.

Guest #1Stunner
On 7/7/2020 at 2:10 PM, Ibanez said:

Hawaii Volleyball games are fun.  They outdraw most MWC basketball games.