Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue voodoo

Don't care if football is played

Been a huge fan of football but with all that is going around with maybe no fans in stands or less fans its becoming less interesting. Maybe next year will be different. Just don't care at this point its a sad day for me I just don't feel the spirit.

Fans, no fans, don't care.  Give me some football.  I am usually doing a cookout anyways, so most games I don't hear.  Even for the main game, I am usually around folks, so I don't hear much of the game.

31 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

Been a huge fan of football but with all that is going around with maybe no fans in stands or less fans its becoming less interesting. Maybe next year will be different. Just don't care at this point its a sad day for me I just don't feel the spirit.

Crap I have the spirit more than ever lol. I have already given up on attending any games (I mean unless they hit the gold mine and get a great vaccine and have millions of doses by Oct) but this is the most excited I have been for sports as an adult. Shoot I clicked on a random MLB highlight video on youtube the other day. That video even go me a little excited. If we have college football labor day weekend is going to be a blast. 

Even if we don't have college football I am still looking forward to the NBA playoffs. Those should go on as long as the players/personnel commit to the bubble. Mind this is with my team having the absolute worst record in the NBA and obviously not even going to Orlando.  

So yes I am dying for some sports. 

2 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Crap I have the spirit more than ever lol. I have already given up on attending any games (I mean unless they hit the gold mine and get a great vaccine and have millions of doses by Oct) but this is the most excited I have been for sports as an adult. Shoot I clicked on a random MLB highlight video on youtube the other day. That video even go me a little excited. If we have college football labor day weekend is going to be a blast. 

Even if we don't have college football I am still looking forward to the NBA playoffs. Those should go on as long as the players/personnel commit to the bubble. Mind this is with my team having the absolute worst record in the NBA and obviously not even going to Orlando.  

So yes I am dying for some sports. 

Glad you feel that I dont feel that way will not watch NBA which I have been a big fan as well.Not looking forward too any of it.Wish I was dying for it but I don't.But good on you.

I desperately want football to happen...my youngest son will be a senior in high school and my oldest will be a redshirt sophomore at a d2 school.  I hope I get to watch them both this year!

15 hours ago, Blue voodoo said:

feel sort of the same way. but i do miss football. Hope we get some version of college football. its just sucks because with the live games me and family would get together and throw a bbq or something and watch all the SEC games with the crazy atmosphere. then my drunk family (stopped drinking) would pile into the car and we would drive to the game. so ganna miss that this fall. 

Hang in there, buddy.  Fans or no with reduced scale, college ball will Go.  It will be different and funky and we're gonna deal with that.  Nonetheless college ball TV will Go.  Besides given the plethora of bowl games coming out of our arseholes with no one in attendance in middle December.   As usual no one will witness MAC/CUSA ball of a Tuesday or Wednesday lower tier. 

I'm a tad bit concerned about Hoops in full force by middle November.  IF that is not back on line fully by then, Yikes and Oy.

16 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

I sure as hell care if we do have a football season this year. The financial ramifications if it doesn't happen is plenty enough for me to care. 

I feel the same way. The financial fallout of no football will doom a lot of programs. 

at the very least conference games and conference championship games should be played IMHO. I also think local, bus in/bus out OOC should be able to be played...example: Memphis plays Arkansas State (1 hour from West Memphis) and UT Martin (2 hours from Memphis) but I understand if Memphis' games with Purdue/UTSA get called off.

24 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ll miss college football. The No Fun League not so much. 

Yeah as I get older my interest in pro sports dies down but especially the NFL. It is mostly just the end of the regular season and the playoffs I pay attention to (either my team or I pick a couple of random teams if my team is not in the playoffs). That is a far cry from when I was a kid frequently watching full baseball games in the summer and full games of my Warriors when they were absolutely pathetic. But I would still say I am moderately interested in the NBA/MLB/NHL. The NFL on the other hand has really fallen of a cliff. I mean my freakin team almost won the Superbowl last year and I think the only full game I watched of theirs (or any NFL game) was the Superbowl. I would say it is somewhat due to the NFL being played during a crowded time (MLB playoffs, NCAAF, college basketball starts up, NBA starts up) but also because I actually like the on the field product in college football better than the NFL. If the pro sport doesn't have the more entertaining on the field product there is really no reason to watch them over the college equivalent.  

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

I think we are very close to pushing college football into the spring maybe. I wonder if we will see that become the norm? 

Sports Illustrated had a report that the NCAA has talked to conferences about moving up the start of the basketball season two weeks.

With falling attendance and covid, could we see college basketball move into the fall and flip flop with college football? Basketball begins to start in say mid/late september finish in late February. College football would start the first week of March with the major bowls becoming the kick off games? Then an ooc finishing up early April, conference championships Memorial Day weekend? 16 team play off and a championship week for july 4th?

Sitting on my balcony MWC boarding drinking beer....go in to relive myself and I stop in front of the TV ....a cornhole competition is on, and they're wearing masks...any other time in my life I would have laughed and went back out to my beer on the balcony.

BUT, I actually lingered for a few moments....watching guys throw bean bags......it's sad.  I need sports .

On 7/6/2020 at 7:03 PM, Blue voodoo said:

If this guy weren't trying too hard to troll he'd be the fruitiest of the fruits....we're all ready for some football, Hank....RIP