Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

after today, Hawaii football has an open date on 9/12/2020

This won’t be the first cancellation. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Read that.  Just like Navy and one of the directional Michigans with FCS homey cancellations.  Methinks both Hawai'i and Navy will figure it out well and strong.  Not sure about one of the directional Michigans. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Wait a moment.  Why not Navy v Hawai'i?  You two were supposed to host up FCS but if I were Navy I would zip on over to the Islands for a great football game anytime.  Hawai'i and Navy ADs need to do a Zoom conference and figure it out.  Navy v Notre Dame got dumped in Ireland this year and Navy is hosting Notre Dame instead.  Cash in those tix to Ireland for a fantastic gig @ Hawai'i.  Your two ADs need to talk!

NMSU opens up at UCLA on 8/29.  I wonder what the odds are there will be football in August or September, and whether California schools will participate especially first few weeks of season.  Trend lines not looking good.

A lot of teams could soon have open dates on the schedule if the Ivy League announces this week that they are axing the fall season...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/06/report-ivy-league-coaches-anticipate-postponing-fall-sports/

The Ivy League drew some criticism in March when they canceled their basketball tournament, the first conference to do so. Then, everyone else did too.

So many are watching this week’s anticipated announcement by the conference regarding fall sports, some see it as a fait accompli.

According to Bruce Feldman and Nicole Auerbach of TheAthletic.com, multiple Ivy League coaches anticipate that fall sports will be pushed back to next spring.

3 hours ago, Coog kev said:

Cool.  Check this out.  September 12 both open dates given FCS dump and bail.  Methinks this can and should happen. 

FBS Sked Navy

FBS Sked Hawai'i

Highly unlikely.  Navy would likely not take off from Hawaii after the game until 7am EST then have an 11 hour flight and get back to campus Sunday evening at 8 PM EST.  Then they'd have two days of practice before an away conference game at Tulane.  No coach would go for that.

Hawaii wouldn't want to play at Navy because of travel and they travel to Oregon the following Saturday.

The Centennial Conference canceled the 2020 football season this afternoon.

The Ivy League is expected to tomorrow.

The leagues that are still open to playing after this week will have teams looking for games.  Army will need an October 10th opponent.

Season.PNG

17 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

A lot of teams could soon have open dates on the schedule if the Ivy League announces this week that they are axing the fall season...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/06/report-ivy-league-coaches-anticipate-postponing-fall-sports/

The Ivy League drew some criticism in March when they canceled their basketball tournament, the first conference to do so. Then, everyone else did too.

So many are watching this week’s anticipated announcement by the conference regarding fall sports, some see it as a fait accompli.

According to Bruce Feldman and Nicole Auerbach of TheAthletic.com, multiple Ivy League coaches anticipate that fall sports will be pushed back to next spring.

The Ivy League doesn't play FBS teams. They also don't participate in the FCS playoff. 

37 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

The Ivy League doesn't play FBS teams. They also don't participate in the FCS playoff. 

As mentioned before, Army is scheduled to play an Ivy League team in October.  Army is FBS.

IF the PAC decides not to play ball on time this year, We're @ Washington State on 9/12.  University of Houston can do it @ Hawaii as a backup plan.  Coogs dig playing in Hawai'i, but it's usually the Aloha Bowl junks with good, tight-scoring games.  We've lost all 3!  

Washington State 24 - 22

Hawai'i 54 - 48

Fresno 33 -27

We need to fix that on September 12 if PAC begs off of things regular season.