Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Ok, so let's have a meaningful talk about inner city violence.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

If I lived in the inner city I'd start by moving the +++++ out of there. I'd probably go to a small town in the upper Midwest somewhere where it's safe and decent. Bottom line, I'd get out of whatever Democrat-controlled hellscape I lived.

Great.  Where does that money come from?

The same way Camden did it. Break up the police union allowing for more money spent on more officers on patrol. Broken windows yeah, but if someone has a better idea it’s not been floated.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

We’re not supposed to talk about black on black crime. Cause it’s like racist and stuff. 

There is obviously institutional racism against African Americans in the country that must be addressed and corrected. Without a doubt. But we shouldn’t ignore black on black violence either. It must also be addressed and corrected.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

We’re not supposed to talk about black on black crime. Cause it’s like racist and stuff. 

There is obviously institutional racism against African Americans in the country that must be addressed and corrected. Without a doubt. But we shouldn’t ignore black on black violence either. It must also be addressed and corrected.

If you treat them as mutually exclusive issues, there is no chance that either issue will be solved.

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

If you treat them as mutually exclusive issues, there is no chance that either issue will be solved.

I’m open to anything that brings the numbers down and improves things. But can we agree that you can’t call out one and ignore the other?

Honestly it's an epidemic that requires a multi-pronged effort to combat. I'd start with some of the following:

1) Ending the war on drugs.

2) Increased funding and investment in education in these areas. Changing tax laws/funding laws for schools, increased emphasis on trade schools, ect.

3) Changing how these areas are policed

We need to put less people in jail, emphasize family, emphasize education, and change police practices. Its a long haul that will require more money and effort than we as a society as a whole are willing to expend.

1 minute ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Honestly it's an epidemic that requires a multi-pronged effort to combat. I'd start with some of the following:

2) Increased funding and investment in education in these areas. Changing tax laws/funding laws for schools, increased emphasis on trade schools, ect.

We need to put less people in jail, emphasize family, emphasize education, and change police practices. Its a long haul that will require more money and effort than we as a society as a whole are willing to expend.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

How are you going to change how “violence” is policed? Inner city violence is the original question.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

If I lived in the inner city I'd start by moving the +++++ out of there. I'd probably go to a small town in the upper Midwest somewhere where it's safe and decent. Bottom line, I'd get out of whatever Democrat-controlled hellscape I lived.

I grew up pretty close to what some would describe as inner city. Not the worst neighborhood, but much closer to the worst than the best. Definitely mixed racially. The inner city is not what you see on TV. Not every inner city is the worst neighborhoods of South Chicago. Some of my friends have chosen to remain close, even though they can afford a "better neighborhood" because that is the community they feel most comfortable in. It's filled with friends and family who they identify with. It's no different than white people choosing to remain in dead-end rural towns because they wouldn't feel comfortable in a city with more opportunity.

7 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

All these are right. 

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

How are you going to change how “violence” is policed? Inner city violence is the original question.

The goal is to reduce violence by improving standard of living in the area. By reducing the amount of people in jail we improve socioeconomic conditions. This requires a change in how we police in general. Ïf you are specifically talking about violence, that still needs to be policed aggressively. 

• End the war on drugs.
  • Normalize education budgets.
  • Institute national service. May be permanent, may not be.
  • eradicate police unions, disband and re-form police.

that's just a start.

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

San Jose is a lot richer than Laramie and certainly offers a way to get the +++++ out of there. Why not move to Willow Glen, Bob?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

The goal is to reduce violence by improving standard of living in the area. By reducing the amount of people in jail we improve socioeconomic conditions. This requires a change in how we police in general. Ïf you are specifically talking about violence, that still needs to be policed aggressively. 

Yes, that’s what I am talking about. 

12 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I'd also add the end of mandatory minimum sentences to that list.

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:
  • End the war on drugs.

that's just a start

Can you clarify what you mean by “national service?”

1 minute ago, happycamper said:
  • End the war on drugs.

that's just a start.

San Jose is a lot richer than Laramie and certainly offers a way to get the +++++ out of there. Why not move to Willow Glen, Bob?

only a fking moron would say the police are the problem for black on black crime.  geezez dude wtf 

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Can you clarify what you mean by “national service?”

military service with a concurrent civilian option. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, pokerider said:

only a fking moron would say the police are the problem for black on black crime.  geezez dude wtf 

didn't go you on a rant of broken homes?

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yes, that’s what I am talking about. 

Like I said previously, violence is a symptom of the real disease, poverty. We need to make extensive investments in these communities to improve a whole generations standard of living before there would be extensive change in violence. Although, ending the war on drugs should have a direct impact on lessening violence in these communities.