Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Hockey...

10 hours ago, renoskier said:

NHL picks Toronto and Edmonton.:shrug:

I thought Vegas would be a shoe in.:foottap:

With the rising COVID-19 spread over the past few weeks US cities dropped out as viable options.  All they really needed was a city in the East and one in the West to stagger start times for television.  Canada has a fraction (30x fewer confirmed cases than the US) of the coronavirus so Edmonton became a no brainer over Vegas.

Not to mention how would it look for all these NHL players, coaches and officials to be tested regularly in a US city like Vegas when average US citizens cannot get tests.  Canadian cities do not present thIs same optic problem.

A very low Covid risk here in Albuquerque. Easy access for hockey teams like the Stars, Avalanche, Coyotes, Knights, Kings, and Sharks!. Could have held games at the Santa Anna Star Center, or Tingley Coliseum. But nooooo... The NHL didn't take my proposal seriously... BASTARDS!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

54 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I love the Stanley Cup playoffs, but this just seems weird.  This clearly pushes back and shortens next season.

I’m looking at it this way.  The 2019-20 season went 68 games before it got shut down by the coronavirus.  It would be a tragedy for 83% of the regular season having been played and have no Stanley Cup winner.  Yes, the 2020-21 season will be delayed and shortened but how glorious it will be to have two Stanley Cup Playoffs in such a short period of time.  Reminds me of having to wait only 2 years between the 1992 and 1994 Winter Olympics when the IOC added an additional Winter Games in order to stagger the Winter and Summer Olympics so that games would happen every 2 years instead of both every 4 years.

14 hours ago, renoskier said:

NHL picks Toronto and Edmonton.:shrug:

I thought Vegas would be a shoe in.:foottap:

I am so happy they didn't pick Vegas, they would have had to use the Delano Hotel and that is where I am booked for the Raiders first game vs. the Saints.

NHL would have demanded the Delano and Vdara remain empty which would have meant my reservations would have been canceled.

I am walking distance to the stadium and can drink all day the Mandalay Bay Pool.  Good Riddance to the NHL from Vegas.  Try to ruin my plans, we will see who gets the last laugh.

chance.png.0c7e9823aeb35897e34d37278abd3299.png

delano.jpg.fd6088dc86a1477917b1a1c6cb23fc07.jpg

allegiant2.jpg.2708b84769bd68e6da0eba7b489f3a0a.jpgallegiant.jpg.8290785fb750ee2ac8163dac7911daf4.jpg

allegiant1.jpg

20 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

I am so happy they didn't pick Vegas, they would have had to use the Delano Hotel and that is where I am booked for the Raiders first game vs. the Saints.

NHL would have demanded the Delano and Vdara remain empty which would have meant my reservations would have been canceled.

I am walking distance to the stadium and can drink all day the Mandalay Bay Pool.  Good Riddance to the NHL from Vegas.  Try to ruin my plans, we will see who gets the last laugh.

chance.png.0c7e9823aeb35897e34d37278abd3299.png

delano.jpg.fd6088dc86a1477917b1a1c6cb23fc07.jpg

allegiant2.jpg.2708b84769bd68e6da0eba7b489f3a0a.jpgallegiant.jpg.8290785fb750ee2ac8163dac7911daf4.jpg

allegiant1.jpg

That is a very cool stadium, but I can't help but wonder how intelligent it is to build a black glass stadium in the middle of the desert.  Perhaps there's some technology involved that I'm missing, but man, that thing is going to be soaking up a whole lot of thermal energy...

7 hours ago, Zoomie said:

That is a very cool stadium, but I can't help but wonder how intelligent it is to build a black glass stadium in the middle of the desert.  Perhaps there's some technology involved that I'm missing, but man, that thing is going to be soaking up a whole lot of thermal energy...

Air conditioning