Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Where are the BLM Protesters?

34 minutes ago, pokerider said:

The president can't really change how these Democratic states convict people's drug charges but wouldn't it be great if the President would do something to reduce prison sentences?  We could call it the First Step Act and it would help undo some of the Biden-Clinton bill that cracked down specifically on drug charges against inner city blacks.  Oh well I guess we can wish huh.  

Crack is chemically identical to cocaine but is still associated with 10x the sentencing as cocaine(was previously 100x)...at the Federal level. 

3 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Crack is chemically identical to cocaine but is still associated with 10x the sentencing as cocaine(was previously 100x)...at the Federal level. 

Places where crack was prevalent were much more violent than where cocaine was. It wasn’t a chemical problem they were trying to address with the differing sentences.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Places where crack was prevalent were much more violent than where cocaine was. It wasn’t a chemical problem they were trying to address with the differing sentences.

The reason those places had higher crime is because govt policy created ghettos by forcing all blacks to live in the most impoverished parts of the cities where they live. 

The issue of redlining is part of this, make no mistake. 

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

crime is higher wherever poverty is higher, typically....

2 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

The reason those places had higher crime is because govt policy created ghettos by forcing all blacks to live in the most impoverished parts of the cities where they live. 

Agreed, but that didn’t make the murder and the violence problems they were suffering from nonexistent. There was still a bloody reality to deal with in the moment. It’s not like people were twirling mustaches wondering how the situation could be exacerbated, they were trying to help! But unintended consequences are also a reality of trying to help, so move carefully. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Agreed, but that didn’t make the murder and the violence problems they were suffering from nonexistent. There was still a bloody reality to deal with in the moment. It’s not like people were twirling mustaches wondering how the situation could be exacerbated, they were trying to help! But unintended consequences are also a reality of trying to help, so move carefully. 

Hey, try and remember why I posted that in the first place. See below. My only point was there are things that can happen at the Federal level wrt to sentencing despite claims to the contrary or placing blame on "Democratic States". 

image.png.7494bec4a45370cf04c8217fa34f9a72.png

Guest #1Stunner
14 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Side note...

Never understood why people who live in poverty / under oppressive laws, don't pick up their entire family, and move to a new State or Country.   

I feel bad for some of these people that are poor, living in the cities, infested by crime.   I wonder why they don't pick up and move to like Idaho or some place.  

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Side note...

Never understood why people who live in poverty / under oppressive laws, don't pick up their entire family, and move to a new State or Country.   

I feel bad for some of these people that are poor, living in the cities, infested by crime.   I wonder why they don't pick up and move to like Idaho or some place.  

What a subject to be sarcastic about

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

Oh, so lets work on having the police kill less blacks but for whites, its no big deal.  Over twice as many unarmed whites as blacks killed by police last year.  Your a dumbshit for thinking this is just a black only issue.  This is a police issue. the fact that this many or that many blacks vs whites etc. is not the issue.  Can't point at one and ignore the others at all.  Again you've been brainwashed enough now that you see black and white in everything instead or right and wrong. 

In 2019, 235 black people were shot to death by the police where as in the same year 370 whites were shot to death by police.

Black Americans account for 12% of the total population.

Whites are 60%.

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

What a subject to be sarcastic about

What?!? What are you talking about?  Who is being sarcastic?

My own family are recent immigrants to the United States, is the basis of my post.

And if I lived in a ghetto with violence in some place like Chi-Town, I would pick up and move to Idaho or somewhere (yes, at the expense of being far removed from my community or family).

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

White people make up about 73% of the population, black people make up about 13%; so a little less than 6 times as many white people. If you want to not count Hispanic whites, then the percentage for white people is about 61.5%; but in this context I don’t think wether a white person is Hispanic or not is very relevant to how they are treated by the police. I don’t think a cop, generally speaking, is going to pull over a white person, see their last name is Hernandez or something, and then think, “alright, got ourselves a Mexican here, racism mode engaged”. 

I see. I was looking at white, not counting Hispanic.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

In 2019, 235 black people were shot to death by the police where as in the same year 370 whites were shot to death by police.

Black Americans account for 12% of the total population.

Whites are 60%.

And to play the devil’s advocate what are the percentages for violent crimes concerning white and blacks. 

34 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

And to play the devil’s advocate what are the percentages for violent crimes concerning white and blacks. 

Why do you think black people are registered as committing more violent crimes than white people?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

9 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Why do you think black people are registered as committing more violent crimes than white people?

I have no idea why people do what they do.  I’m sure it can be explained that because they live in poverty they are more prone to violence. I’m sure there is some truth to that but also I don’t buy that argument 100%

5 hours ago, NVGiant said:

That's simply not true. Contextualizing the rioting is not the same as condonation. But again, there is a huge diversity of opinion out there. All you have to do is look. I mean, here is Obama speaking out against the riots.

To your second point. For the sake of argument. let's accept that it's the protestors who are responsible to stop the minority among them who are rioting, many of whom are doing their best to do just that. Great. But by that same logic, shouldn't we expect the police and their defenders to stop the minority among them who have abused the power they have been entrusted with? To speak out against the so-called bad apples, and root them out one by one? And if you aren't holding yourself up to the same standard, why then are you are holding such a different standard to the protestors? 

The "code of silence" and complicity among the "thin blue line" is phucking disgusting.

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They nailed that one. I wonder how many of the supporters of those standards now decry father-less households?

5 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

I have no idea why people do what they do.  I’m sure it can be explained that because they live in poverty they are more prone to violence. I’m sure there is some truth to that but also I don’t buy that argument 100%

Why do you think they live in poverty?

What other reasons are there for their violent crimes in your opinion?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.