Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Pick 10: Team Black

I'm gonna jump ahead and take the Ragin Cajuns.  I doubt that selection will be contested.  I'm sticking with theme..red, orange, or black.  My next 3 are Tennessee, UH, and San Diego State.  My selections go with the throw pillows in the futon guest room.  THEME. 

image.jpeg.69003b53a7d88e8b720a0f9748e56bb6.jpeg

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Crap..just saw it on the wonderful graphic previous page.  Great choice, dude.  ULL is gonna rock it this year.  You're gonna make me break THEME when it's my turn next along about August 1.  Oy. 

4 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Prolly irrelevant but fwiw, teams red and silver are both about a round ahead of us.

I'll suggest this. Last year lawlorfaithful let it be known after his first or second pick that he didn't care about this competition so he was skipped and got the sloppy one hundred and twenty seconds through 130. Since The San Diegan has now said the same, he should similarly just be skipped until the rest of us our done. Given how bizarre any football season will be if one is played, by using that strategy TSD might actually win the thing this year.

@kalua pig you’re fired as team captain

@818SUDSFan you’re hired as team captain. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 7/16/2020 at 10:56 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

Yeah that would have been nice.

Tbh tho, I would suggest we find someone who actually thinks there will be a college football season to run with my team. There's a reason I didn't sign up this year. :shrug: 

Just making sure someone is on this - please find someone to play my team. A Bama first pick should be incentive enough to get someone to take my team over.

Mahalo.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

12 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Just making sure someone is on this - please find someone to play my team. A Bama first pick should be incentive enough to get someone to take my team over.

Mahalo.

Attention Everyone: Since I'm now team manager, I'm making this executive decision:

Henceforth TheSanDiegan's spot will be bypassed each round. After all picks have been made by other Black team players, the NCAA dregs which remain will go to TheSanDiegan to join Alabama, which will remain with TSD. If TSD should win the Black league by doing virtually nothing, I'll buy him dinner at his choice of restaurants in America's Finest City.

I'm also hereby making this OTHER executive decision:

Once it's your turn to make a pick, you have 24 hours to follow through or you will be considered to have waived that highly coveted opportunity for that round. If you fail to do so, the next player up can go ahead and make his pick, thereby exercising his opportunity for greatness. If you've ****ed up and not made your pick, you will be granted the opportunity to make two picks during the next round. If you again fail to make your picks, you will still get just two picks in the following round etc., etc. (I know that sounds highly authoritarian to some of you but I'm now a despot and that's that.)

21 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Attention Everyone: Since I'm now team manager, I'm making this executive decision:

Henceforth TheSanDiegan's spot will be bypassed each round. After all picks have been made by other Black team players, the NCAA dregs which remain will go to TheSanDiegan to join Alabama, which will remain with TSD. If TSD should win the Black league by doing virtually nothing, I'll buy him dinner at his choice of restaurants in America's Finest City.

Once it's your turn to make a pick, you have 24 hours to follow through or you will be considered to have waived that highly coveted opportunity for that round. If you fail to do so, the next player up can go ahead and make his pick, thereby exercising his opportunity for greatness. If you've ****ed up and not made your pick, you will be granted the opportunity to make two picks during the next round. If you again fail to make your picks, you will still get just two picks in the following round etc., etc. (I know that sounds highly authoritarian to some of you but I'm now a despot and that's that.)

...Provided my passive participation is not held against me in future seasons' prognosticated domination of you tossers. :ph34r:

And curse you for still incentivizing my interest... I hear both Donovan's and Morton's have outdoor dining now.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

39 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Kalua's management style - :hookah:

818SUDS mngmt style :idiot:

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Not sure you have enough days to allow 24 hours between picks.  Rest of the teams are doing 12 hour windows.  It's your call, but I thought you might like to know.

Be terrible if it were the last week in August and two rows of picks still to go.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

34 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Not sure you have enough days to allow 24 hours between picks.  Rest of the teams are doing 12 hour windows.  It's your call, but I thought you might like to know.

Be terrible if it were the last week in August and two rows of picks still to go.

Thanks for the insight. Let's see how it goes until Saturday and if we're still lagging behind, I'll reset to your 12-hour suggestion.

Give me a moment pls.  Dang Cajuns swiped already.  Ugh.  It sticks with the colour palate theme thus far.

image.jpeg.43c30b5eb65a16ab3da25439af077b28.jpeg  image.png.46e397be4f8f1eb12853239135e53d1b.png

P.S.  Re ACC ball..aside from Clemson, the ones who chose the U and North Carolina..good call.  The U has my studly UH xfer QB transfer this year and another UH dude..not to mention others who xferred to the U from elsewhere.  Mack Brown at UNC is a fantastic coach.  Good picks.  I slum it with Virginia Tech in ACC land.