Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THEUniversityofNevada

The world’s gonna know your name...

On 7/10/2020 at 7:41 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Why do we have to wait 200 years for that? That sounds awesome!

On 7/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, NVGiant said:

I think you're being overly harsh in your portrayal of Hamilton, in the same way that Hamilton is painted in overly rose shades in the musical. One thing that is a factor in how Hamilton has long been remembered, at least before the musical, is that Hamilton never really got a chance to write his closing salvo. After his death, his political adversaries were in control of the narrative and his Federalist party was dead. History goes to the winners, so they say. That all said, I am OK with disagreement here.

As for your last point, you can't convince me that Convert isn't at home as we speak writing that musical, undoubtedly convinced that it is a middle-ground portrayal of a great man.

Edit: I forgot to address the republic. Yes, Hamilton didn't want a republic like we have. I didn't mean to suggest that. Our republic was a compromise.

Also realize he's writing it on a $125k analog synth, in his undies, and in the room where all the littler boxes are. ;)

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Also realize he's writing it on a $125k analog synth, in his undies, and in the room where all the littler boxes are. ;)

Undies?!!! Those are Armani court appearance dress shorts, nothing less!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:34 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I've heard it.  Do I need to see the choreography did get a better idea?

It helps. The villainous Jefferson as some wild Andre 3000 avatar adds a lot to the character. I’d say Miranda is probably the least talented actor of the bunch, despite his genius in all other things. The performances are cool.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Aaron burr did nothing wrong 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

23 hours ago, happycamper said:

Aaron burr did nothing wrong 

I would agree. And I think the show does a decent job conveying it. There is a difference between antagonist and villain. I think Burr is definitely the antagonist of the show since Hamilton is the protagonist but I don't think they make Burr a villain. 

Of course I always find empathy for the "villains" of movies/tv shows so maybe its just me.  I mean Giaus Baltar is maybe my favorite character in Battlestar Galatica and John Smith was my favorite character in "Man in High Castle"