Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

broncsrock

Boise State cuts Baseball and Swimming/Diving

28 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I googled California JUCO out of state cost per unit, clicked on a link for Glendale CC and they list non resident tuition at $225 per unit. Last I heard tuition is the same at every California JUCO. There are other fees associated, but those don’t appear to be any different wether the student is a resident or not. 

As far as not being mired in it, you are right, I haven’t as a parent. But as a student I did play JUCO football, so I like to think I know a little more then your average joe blow off the street. 

How long ago did you play juco ball?

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

I played tennis for several years at a D3 school back east and then played as a walk-on for a season at Colorado. I never considered what I was doing as "pay for play". I was going to go to school regardless and I loved playing competitive tennis. The school wasn't making any additional money from my exploits and they paid for my travel, lodging, and food when we traveled. I don't see how this is a "racket". Are you saying you, or your child, wouldn't have gone to school if it weren't to play ball?

Unfortunately, tennis men's NCAA is taking a whack lately.  Total props to you, reno, for being well enough to play at the NCAA level, dude. 

https://www.chron.com/sports/article/As-schools-ponder-cutting-sports-tennis-proves-15387914.php

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

36 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

05-06 and 06-07.

Gotcha. I now a lot of people who had a good experience with it. I am just blown away by the cost. And the model. I don’t think the “best players“ are playing the game these days, I think it’s the “best of the most connected players” who can afford travel and lessons and the rest. I took a few screenshots of what it would cost my son per year. And bear in mind, most kids are playing 3 years of juco these days. The very best are basically placed for a season to get ABs or innings but the majority have to hit the weight room for a season. I’ll stop beating the dead horse. 

1F0DB0BF-AECB-42C7-A43D-932B7E373357.jpeg

14870D78-3054-4D6D-AD9D-715DB6ADCE23.jpeg

243DE4A9-F435-42D5-A66D-82913412C9D6.jpeg