Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

broncsrock

Boise State cuts Baseball and Swimming/Diving

Wow baseball so soon...

At least you ended up sharing a stadium instead of building your own.

Plus Boise's swimming and diving is usually at the top of the league.

Wait. Didn’t you just start playing baseball?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Wait. Didn’t you just start playing baseball?

Yeah. The team showed potential in its debut. It sucks to see it dropped so soon, but understandable. The money just isn’t there with possibly no football season, or limited football crowds. Football funds all other sports except men’s basketball. It wouldn’t surprise me to see other future sport team cuts. 

Coming to Netflix....

PotatoBall: The Story Of Boise State Baseball

Running Time : 6 minutes

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
25 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

sigh, I think the golden age of collegiate sports is behind us

With companies like Under Armour on the verge of bankruptcy, TV Networks having no programming, and schools facing the prospect of no fans, I think you are right.

I think we'll see more schools embrace a much smaller, basketball centric athletics program soon.

43 minutes ago, RSF said:

Coming to Netflix....

PotatoBall: The Story Of Boise State Baseball

Running Time : 6 minutes

I hope you’re proud of yourself making fun of a bunch of kids that dedicated themselves to playing the sport they loved only to have their knees cut off after ten games. This was the last chance to play baseball for a lot of these kids. You are an asshole. 

52 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

sigh, I think the golden age of collegiate sports is behind us

Turns out there are more important things in life than sports, like surviving. Things are going to be like this for a while, sucks to say. Pretty terrible that you start a baseball program for the first time in 40 years and then poof. They worked on it for years just to get it backup and running and then cut it after only playing a few games.

Boise didn't just pour money into baseball Jack, they cut wrestling so they could revive baseball.  Now both are gone.