Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

AAC Moves Headquarters to Las Colinas Texas

10 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Just speculating. Their deal pays out 4 million as is, don’t think it’s too far fetched that they will get significantly more then that in their next deal. Yes that won’t be for a few years; but the AAC isn’t going to be paying out 7 million for several years either. 

Now that you mention it the current BE deal is from 2013 and pays $4m a year? I'm guessing they will be between 6-8 a year next round. Actually does seem like UCONN would likely break even if not end up with better total revenue in the BE. New deal for 2025/26 right?

15 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

AAC signing such a long deal almost guarantees UCONN will catch up in 5 years if they're behind at all. 

Correct.  At this point the Big East deal is considered undervalued.  When the AAC finally hits the 6.89 per school per year that the contract averages, the Big East will be signing a new deal.  And that's if they arent renegotiating already - deals generally have renegotiating clauses when the membership changes.  The current BE deal works out to 140K per game.  Would only have to rise to 200K to match the new AAC deal.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

The Big East plays conventional football, RSF?  News to me, dude.  Meanwhile the AAC takes it's (lowly) $1B deal with no GOR and exit fees paid by UConn. 

Question pls for TCU, RSF.  To save some residual bucks is TCU thinking about cutting equestrian sports to save some dime and keep filet mignon in its dining hall? 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

52 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

The Big East plays conventional football, RSF?  News to me, dude.  Meanwhile the AAC takes it's (lowly) $1B deal with no GOR and exit fees paid by UConn. 

Not sure what you're getting at.  Thought my post was fairly straightforward.  Who said anything about football?

53 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Question pls for TCU, RSF.  To save some residual bucks is TCU thinking about cutting equestrian sports to save some dime and keep filet mignon in its dining hall? 

You are a strange dude.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Just speculating. Their deal pays out 4 million as is, don’t think it’s too far fetched that they will get significantly more then that in their next deal. Yes that won’t be for a few years; but the AAC isn’t going to be paying out 7 million for several years either. 

UCF got 7.2 million this year and that was before the new contract kicked in.  By the time the new big East deal gets worked we’ll be getting 10 million a year with bowl and tourney conference revenue.  By then end of the aac contract if they’re still in the aac the annual value will be around 15 million not accounting for inflation.

3 hours ago, RSF said:

Correct.  At this point the Big East deal is considered undervalued.  When the AAC finally hits the 6.89 per school per year that the contract averages, the Big East will be signing a new deal.  And that's if they arent renegotiating already - deals generally have renegotiating clauses when the membership changes.  The current BE deal works out to 140K per game.  Would only have to rise to 200K to match the new AAC deal.

Your numbers are wrong.  

6 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

UCF got 7.2 million this year and that was before the new contract kicked in.  By the time the new big East deal gets worked we’ll be getting 10 million a year with bowl and tourney conference revenue.  By then end of the aac contract if they’re still in the aac the annual value will be around 15 million not accounting for inflation.

And this has.... what to do with UConn’s revenue?

4 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yes, Correct, by more profitable I meant... more profitable. Lower travel costs, increase in ticket revenue, more tourney credits, don’t have to pay for production costs. They will also have the benefit of being in a better basketball conference, not to mention that the Big East’s next tv deal will be worth more then the AAC’s annually anyway. 

And again, no conference has ever “trimmed” a full member. 

so about the 20.5 million they paid just to make the same money...I didn't see that mentioned in your post

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

so about the 20.5 million they paid just to make the same money...I didn't see that mentioned in your post

They paid 20.5 million to make more money. There, I mentioned it. Any other requests?

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

And this has.... what to do with UConn’s revenue?

You said UConn will be getting more, they won’t.  And it won’t be close really except for then next couple years.  The next BE contract won’t balloon either, there’s no precedent for that.  Certainly not in terms of their viewership.

Just now, Ibanez said:

You have a super hard on for what UConn makes and what they pay you. Its obsession. They didn't like you and left, it's over. You have been lapping up this shit and sharing it since last football season. We get it. WE GET IT!!! Its as bad as you and your chubby for Air Force.

no one asked you, sunshine...go take a xanax and calm down.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

They paid 20.5 million to make more money. There, I mentioned it. Any other requests?

until their next BE contract I don't see that math adding up...but, Okay.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I'm glad you think they would lose UCF. They won't, but I'm glad you think that.

I know you guys are kind of isolated from the real world out there in Idaho but since you’ve been sleeping they’ve established themselves pretty nicely.  There are no guarantees but there is confidence at the highest levels of the AD and they’re very well connected.

10 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You said UConn will be getting more, they won’t.  And it won’t be close really except for then next couple years.  The next BE contract won’t balloon either, there’s no precedent for that.  Certainly not in terms of their viewership.

I said the move would be more profitable. It will be. The MWC and AAC both had their TV deals more then double, so yes, there is “precedent”.

6 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

until their next BE contract I don't see that math adding up...but, Okay.

Increased ticket revenue for basketball. Increase in basketball tourney credits. Decrease in travel costs. More opportunities for “body bag games” in football. Do not have to cover production costs for ESPN+. AAC won’t be paying out 7 mil a year in the beginning. 

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I said the move would be more profitable. It will be.

perhaps in 5-6 years should their football team show a pulse...but it'll cost em short term.

mem skyline sig.jpeg