Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

AAC Moves Headquarters to Las Colinas Texas

1 minute ago, ole blu dude said:

I think it will be very hard for BYU to get into the Pac-12 given the religious nature of the school, it is not right imho, but it is true.

I think if the Pac-12 were to “collapse” then the 6-8 schools left just wouldn’t be in a position to thumb their noses up at the biggest fish in the western U.S. for any reason. 

The relo to DFW is a power move.  A new Texas epicenter of AAC far, far, far away from New England. No one needs to be physically next door to ESPN et al to get things done.  It's all done by markets, team branding and ratings. 

The Power 5 all have GOR locked-up matters through their signed-over honker marketing rights to termination with their broadcast partners. That will not change at all and it shouldn't. 

AAC has no GOR.  Neither does MWC. 

We're talking a stunning amount of bank for each unit in the Power 5 spread across many platforms. 

When the formal Separation comes in a few short years, We will Unify and create the Power 6 with coast to coast relative market share.  Eyes on San Diego State, Boise, BYU, either/both of AFA/Colorado State.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

7 hours ago, Coog kev said:

When the formal Separation comes in a few short years, We will Unify and create the Power 6 with coast to coast relative market share.  Eyes on San Diego State, Boise, BYU, either/both of AFA/Colorado State.

There is no way the aac is taking that many schools unless they lose several schools to expansion/relegation.  They aren’t going over 12 unless if it means a new contract.  That contract isn’t coming any time soon.  The only way they go west is if they (stupidly) keep Tulsa and lose Cincy and UCF.  If they go west SDSU and BYU are the first two choices with ARMY next, even though they aren’t west.  If they say no, then you get into the second tier choices.  If ARMY is on board then Boise can’t happen because they will not take another fb only member and Boise is a fb only proposition.  

I would personally love to drop Tulsa and add Boise fb only and pickup Dayton or VCU for the opened basketball spot.  Only  if Tulsa is gone though.

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

I don't understand Texas period. But fill me in. (I'd argue American politics are a joke but that is a bag I don't wanna open.)

Texas and Florida politics are elitist geared towards land grant schools.  If you aren’t attached to them then you aren’t getting picked up for the ride.

Texas and football politics are rife with power backers.  It's what we do in Texas (except for Rice).  UH is definitely elevating one way or another.  SMU may come along just for its triple popped collar legacy. 

image.jpeg.b5e8b82295c6d411186005b1fa9ee2e0.jpeg    

To boot, SMU is playing politics correctly these days.  They now are Dallas regarding sports junks.  Much to the surprise of UT-Dallas, UT-Arlington and probably not TCU.

image.jpeg.bc610993fabf82d185b353ef9cc57ede.jpeg      image.jpeg.4cc0b9682beb3f6b2c040e6abac5be90.jpeg   image.jpeg.30dd333dd4bde98d7a391d2343dc947b.jpeg

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

20 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

There is no way the aac is taking that many schools unless they lose several schools to expansion/relegation.  They aren’t going over 12 unless if it means a new contract.  That contract isn’t coming any time soon.  The only way they go west is if they (stupidly) keep Tulsa and lose Cincy and UCF.  If they go west SDSU and BYU are the first two choices with ARMY next, even though they aren’t west.  If they say no, then you get into the second tier choices.  If ARMY is on board then Boise can’t happen because they will not take another fb only member and Boise is a fb only proposition.  

I would personally love to drop Tulsa and add Boise fb only and pickup Dayton or VCU for the opened basketball spot.  Only  if Tulsa is gone though.

I noticed Tulsa also picks up a lot of hate from a few UCF fans on the AAC board when I was over there. I didn't understand it, but then a Tulsa fan pointed out they have more AAC conference championships than UCF, have never lost to UCF football in Tulsa, have an 8-3 record against them in football overall, and apparently a winning record against UCF in every sport. 

Suddenly it all became clear :rotflmfao:

I don't think they're getting dropped so you might want to figure out how to beat them. 

1 hour ago, JoeBlo said:

I noticed Tulsa also picks up a lot of hate from a few UCF fans on the AAC board when I was over there. I didn't understand it, but then a Tulsa fan pointed out they have more AAC conference championships than UCF, have never lost to UCF football in Tulsa, have an 8-3 record against them in football overall, and apparently a winning record against UCF in every sport. 

Suddenly it all became clear :rotflmfao:

I don't think they're getting dropped so you might want to figure out how to beat them. 

Yes we’ve had trouble beating them in Tulsa in football.  They’ve won nothing in aac so  your other statements are false though.  That’s irrelevant to the conversation.  Their lack of dedication to improving their program is the sole reason why they should be booted.  They don’t even use the athletic revenue to reinvest, it all goes to the school, which doesn’t need it.  They are also on an island, a barren dead island that serves no purpose.  They are a dredge in the big three sports and only manage to play spoiler once every couple years; there’s not even an adequate comparison in the MWC to them.

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Yes we’ve had trouble beating them in Tulsa in football.  They’ve won nothing in aac so  your other statements are false though.  That’s irrelevant to the conversation.  Their lack of dedication to improving their program is the sole reason why they should be booted.  They don’t even use the athletic revenue to reinvest, it all goes to the school, which doesn’t need it.  They are also on an island, a barren dead island that serves no purpose.  They are a dredge in the big three sports and only manage to play spoiler once every couple years; there’s not even an adequate comparison in the MWC to them.

Hmmm

Total AAC conference championships since Tulsa joined in 2014-2015:

Houston 21

Tulsa 18

UCF 16

UConn 12

USF 11

SMU 11

Cincinnati 10

ECU 6

Memphis 4

Temple 1

Tulane 1

Tulsa has a conference championship in basketball this past season and is like 3rd in basketball conference wins. 

They have performed better or equal to UConn who left, ECU, and Tulane in football with a couple bowls and a ten win season. They've been better than those schools in basketball (excluding UConn's NC year when Tulsa wasn't part of the conference) as well. In fact they are probably the fourth or fifth best team in the conference since Memphis hasn't been to the dance in a while. I would guess it goes Cincinnati, Houston then a toss up with SMU/Tulsa/Temple who all have a championship and some NCAA games. Wichita is a good program but have only been in conference for a few seasons so not sure where they would go.

Apparently they beat you for championships not so long ago in football. . .You know google exists right?

54 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

Hmmm

Total AAC conference championships since Tulsa joined in 2014-2015:

Houston 21

Tulsa 18

UCF 16

UConn 12

USF 11

SMU 11

Cincinnati 10

ECU 6

Memphis 4

Temple 1

Tulane 1

Tulsa has a conference championship in basketball this past season and is like 3rd in basketball conference wins. 

They have performed better or equal to UConn who left, ECU, and Tulane in football with a couple bowls and a ten win season. They've been better than those schools in basketball (excluding UConn's NC year when Tulsa wasn't part of the conference) as well. In fact they are probably the fourth or fifth best team in the conference since Memphis hasn't been to the dance in a while. I would guess it goes Cincinnati, Houston then a toss up with SMU/Tulsa/Temple who all have a championship and some NCAA games. Wichita is a good program but have only been in conference for a few seasons so not sure where they would go.

Apparently they beat you for championships not so long ago in football. . .You know google exists right?

They last came first in conference for basketball in 2013-14.  They have one other championship, in women’s tennis.  Let’s call them middle of the pack performers but they should be better considering their resources.  They are too content and that’s a problem.  They have no following and don’t bring in any viewership relative to other aac teams.  There’s really no discussion whose at the bottom except maybe Tulane to some.  But they’re on a better trajectory and have more interest, investment, and culture.  ECU is fine.

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

They last came first in conference for basketball in 2013-14.  They have one other championship, in women’s tennis.  Let’s call them middle of the pack performers but they should be better considering their resources.  They are too content and that’s a problem.  They have no following and don’t bring in any viewership relative to other aac teams.  There’s really no discussion whose at the bottom except maybe Tulane to some.  But they’re on a better trajectory and have more interest, investment, and culture.  ECU is fine.

Ahhh what?

I don't understand that they have one other championship in women's tennis?

Anyway, wasn't there a Tulsa poster here a while back who put up viewership numbers? Tulsa was like 3 of the top 10 games or something. I can't be bothered to google it after already proving you full of chit.

Like I said it doesn't seem like they are getting dropped. UCF should probably spend more time trying to beat them, than pretend fantasies about them not having to compete with, apparently the smallest school in FBS?

5 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

What is irrelevant is your argument about Tulsa being kicked out, because Tulsa will not be kicked out of the AAC, just like SJSU will not be kicked out of the MWC. Full members of conferences don’t get kicked out.

11 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

What is irrelevant is your argument about Tulsa being kicked out, because Tulsa will not be kicked out of the AAC, just like SJSU will not be kicked out of the MWC. Full members of conferences don’t get kicked out.

It may not happen but what else is this place for? If I’m not reporting about news I hear I discuss what I would like to see, like everyone else.  I/we got our wish with UConn so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Tulsa could be next.

11 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It may not happen but what else is this place for? If I’m not reporting about news I hear I discuss what I would like to see, like everyone else.  I/we got our wish with UConn so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Tulsa could be next.

Considering no full member of a conference has ever been kicked out, i would say it is out of the realm of possibility. UConn left because another conference was more profitable; that happens all the time. 

45 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Considering no full member of a conference has ever been kicked out, i would say it is out of the realm of possibility. UConn left because another conference was more profitable; that happens all the time. 

If by more profitable you mean less money with fewer expenses then sure I guess. They had to downsize, they won’t be the last.  I don’t care how they rationalized the relegation, the fact remains that they were far and away the least popular school across all fan bases and now that they’re gone the conference is in a better place, outside of women’s basketball.  Again, beyond my own UCF fandom, Tulsa is now the new bottom big picture.  Tulane has gotten a pass from enough to not have earned that distinction yet...they at least are trying to upgrade.  The conference needs to trim one more lightweight and backfill with some quality to achieve their stated goal.

40 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

If by more profitable you mean less money with fewer expenses then sure I guess. They had to downsize, they won’t be the last.  I don’t care how they rationalized the relegation, the fact remains that they were far and away the least popular school across all fan bases and now that they’re gone the conference is in a better place, outside of women’s basketball.  Again, beyond my own UCF fandom, Tulsa is now the new bottom big picture.  Tulane has gotten a pass from enough to not have earned that distinction yet...they at least are trying to upgrade.  The conference needs to trim one more lightweight and backfill with some quality to achieve their stated goal.

Yes, Correct, by more profitable I meant... more profitable. Lower travel costs, increase in ticket revenue, more tourney credits, don’t have to pay for production costs. They will also have the benefit of being in a better basketball conference, not to mention that the Big East’s next tv deal will be worth more then the AAC’s annually anyway. 

And again, no conference has ever “trimmed” a full member. 

10 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yes, Correct, by more profitable I meant... more profitable. Lower travel costs, increase in ticket revenue, more tourney credits. They will also have the benefit of being in a better basketball conference, not to mention that the Big East’s next tv deal will be worth more then the AAC’s annually anyway. 

And again, no conference has ever “trimmed” a full member. 

Where are you hearing/reading this?

On 7/4/2020 at 6:02 PM, Ibanez said:

Every time I see this post I am reminded how either.. 

Dumb Boise State was for backing out of the Big East (No blame to SDSU, this one is on Boise State and.... 

How stupid Aresco was for inviting Tulsa, East Carolina, and Tulane. Honestly, why would they invite Tulsa and Tulane? Made no sense. At least ECU has fans in the stands and they have been bloody awful in football for a while now.

I know @UofMTigers wants nothing to do with Boise State in his conference but at the end of the day Boise is a top four choice for AAC expansion with BYU, Air Force, and Army.

I'm counting the +++++ing days til realignment unless the world ends first.

No SUDS for future expansion ? Have they become leery of realignment after Boise left them hanging ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Where are you hearing/reading this?

Just speculating. Their deal pays out 4 million as is, don’t think it’s too far fetched that they will get significantly more then that in their next deal. Yes that won’t be for a few years; but the AAC isn’t going to be paying out 7 million for several years either.