Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

AAC Moves Headquarters to Las Colinas Texas

18 hours ago, AztecSU said:

We're probably going to miss college sports for a whole year...what else we gonna talk about?

The MWC for starters. I don’t understand the fascination some posters here have with the AAC. Most here could care less about them.

32 minutes ago, sean327 said:

The MWC for starters. I don’t understand the fascination some posters here have with the AAC. Most here could care less about them.

Because they are our natural rival as a conference and the reality is that our fortunes in the coming changes(24/25) are probably aligned. I also still think a rights holding entity that packaged and resold the two conferences rights as a single package could yield far more value than people think...I don't believe there is much if any chance of actual conferences moves between the two. More like a partnership. 

My OP was mostly a joke troll man.

7 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Because they are our natural rival as a conference and the reality is that our fortunes in the coming changes(24/25) are probably aligned. I also still think a rights holding entity that packaged and resold the two conferences rights as a single package could yield far more value than people think...I don't believe there is much if any chance of actual conferences moves. More like a partnership. 

Not gonna happen. The two conferences are too far apart in culture and geography. I have very little interest in the members of the AAC with the exception of Navy, and my interests in them has absolutely nothing to do with having them as a member of the MWC. 

38 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Not gonna happen. The two conferences are too far apart in culture and geography. I have very little interest in the members of the AAC with the exception of Navy, and my interests in them has absolutely nothing to do with having them as a member of the MWC. 

Hell, the highlighted is true about both conferences on their own. Look this isn't the formation of a new conference consisting of 24 teams. This is rights packaging, North American Soccer does something similar which has helped in pulling in a lot of money for the sport. Both conferences would continue playing games as we do now...maybe there's is a minor scheduling agreement, but it's not a necessity. 

22 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

not mentioning any names @Did I hear a WOOSH? but someone will conclude that they moved to be close to the beach.

Move makes total sense. No Waffle Houses in Rhode Island.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Yawn.  Congratulations to UConn yesterday for its formal joining BE.  Exit AAC from its former digs in NE.  Welcome to Texas..yawn.  I suppose it's all up to Highland Park SMU to host em up well.  Props for the new location in easy fly to DFW.  Just like XII HQ in icky Irving DFW. 

Unification Theory gets new traction with a strong westward tilt.  Jest sayin.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

3 hours ago, Coog kev said:

Yawn.  Congratulations to UConn yesterday for its formal joining BE.  Exit AAC from its former digs in NE.  Welcome to Texas..yawn.  I suppose it's all up to Highland Park SMU to host em up well.  Props for the new location in easy fly to DFW.  Just like XII HQ in icky Irving DFW. 

Unification Theory gets new traction with a strong westward tilt.  Jest sayin.

and thanks for the 17 million...we appreciate it!

as for the location I was all for throwing UConn a bone and putting the AAC HQ in Hartford which is like 35 mins from our ESPN overlord's HQ

if not there then Dallas, next to the Big XII HQ and the CFP HQ makes sense as SMU is there.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 7/1/2020 at 8:45 PM, Del Scorcho said:

I could see those inbred rednecks in the Southeast forcing a football season no matter what, but the rest of us realize it's just a sport.

Football is not just a sport.

It is an essential component of American Life. It is as essential as food, water, love and sex.

Gotta have football.

intense leonardo dicaprio GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/1/2020 at 9:45 PM, Del Scorcho said:

I could see those inbred rednecks in the Southeast forcing a football season no matter what, but the rest of us realize it's just a sport.

not having a football season could literally bankrupt many athletic departments....we would really, REALLY like to avoid that even if it means teams play in an empty stadium.

that said, if the Shelby County Health Dept says we can't play then we can't as the City owns the Liberty Bowl...as of now they have not said that

mem skyline sig.jpeg

19 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

as for the location I was all for throwing UConn a bone and putting the AAC HQ in Hartford which is like 35 mins from our ESPN overlord's HQ

if not there then Dallas, next to the Big XII HQ and the CFP HQ makes sense as SMU is there.

Phouk ya, buddy!  Exit fees are tough in AAC. And rightfully so.  Until/when Unification Theory makes its fruition...I'm kinda a believer in all this Power 6 marketing junks AAC does.  Despite dragging around East Carolina and Tulsa.  If we have to skinny up...I'm cool with the Tulane and South Florida.  IF that were to occur, we now divide by 9 in the revenue pie.  The wonderful $1B revenue pie...which needs to be $10B and up.

On 7/1/2020 at 8:45 PM, Del Scorcho said:

No sir.  Please don't ever say that again.

AAC did HQ relo for selfish reasons.  It's all about Texas in AAC land these days. Aresco is on it.  No Texas squads in AAC (abstain SMU)...no Central Time Zone management meetings, no nothin. No AAC without Texas. 

When the Presidents of AAC zip up to DFW for whatnot matters..UH President Dr. Khator will spin it with her usual meetings re Federal Reserve of Dallas BOD meetings junks.

No one has to be physically next door to ESPN to get a fine TV deal.  More is better.

Unify!

So what exactly do AAC fans think is the endgame here? The P5 life raft isn’t coming, so is it just a matter of hoping the Big 12 falls apart so some of the western schools can bail and form a new conference with the Big 12 leftovers? 

8 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Every time I see this post I am reminded how either.. 

Dumb Boise State was for backing out of the Big East (No blame to SDSU, this one is on Boise State and.... 

How stupid Aresco was for inviting Tulsa, East Carolina, and Tulane. Honestly, why would they invite Tulsa and Tulane? Made no sense. At least ECU has fans in the stands and they have been bloody awful in football for a while now.

I know @UofMTigers wants nothing to do with Boise State in his conference but at the end of the day Boise is a top four choice for AAC expansion with BYU, Air Force, and Army.

I'm counting the +++++ing days til realignment unless the world ends first.

Given that Boise just dropped two sports and is considering further cuts, the last thing they want is increased travel expenses for olympic sports.  Unless the increase from AAC monies is high enough to offset those costs as a full member, Boise could end up mulling over another fb-only arrangement.

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So what exactly do AAC fans think is the endgame here? The P5 life raft isn’t coming, so is it just a matter of hoping the Big 12 falls apart so some of the western schools can bail and form a new conference with the Big 12 leftovers? 

Yes

On 7/2/2020 at 8:57 PM, UofMTigers said:

HQ of AAC in same building as CFP HQ may be Aresco's attempt to get more favorable deal for said conference in next round. He worked with ESPN and I think one or two other TV networks in the past. I don't think it will work but would not be surprised if he tried it. 

30 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

What makes you so sure the Big 12 is gonna crumble and not the PAC-12?

If the SEC expands, I can guarantee you they are taking Virginia Tech. There were rumors when I lived in Knoxville about them eyeballing NC State before they went with Missouri. I Ithink the Oklahoma schools would have to be a group deal. So some of those AAC schools have a point.

But some schools in the PAC-12 know they are losing viewers and money. They may try and leave  first. I know USC wants B1G type of money. They won't get it in the PAC-12.

Well.... that’s an easy question. If the Pac 12 “crumbles” the AAC wouldn’t be the beneficiaries, the top schools of the MWC and BYU would be the ones joining with the Pac-12 leftovers to form a new western conference. The Big 12 collapsing would clearly be preferable to the AAC, which is why that would be the preferred “endgame”. 

50 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

What makes you so sure the Big 12 is gonna crumble and not the PAC-12?

If the SEC expands, I can guarantee you they are taking Virginia Tech. There were rumors when I lived in Knoxville about them eyeballing NC State before they went with Missouri. I Ithink the Oklahoma schools would have to be a group deal. So some of those AAC schools have a point.

But some schools in the PAC-12 know they are losing viewers and money. They may try and leave  first. I know USC wants B1G type of money. They won't get it in the PAC-12.

VT not available until 2036.  Nor is anybody else in the ACC.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Well.... that’s an easy question. If the Pac 12 “crumbles” the AAC wouldn’t be the beneficiaries, the top schools of the MWC and BYU would be the ones joining with the Pac-12 leftovers to form a new western conference. The Big 12 collapsing would clearly be preferable to the AAC, which is why that would be the preferred “endgame”. 

I think it will be very hard for BYU to get into the Pac-12 given the religious nature of the school, it is not right imho, but it is true.