Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Question for Convert re: poll numbers

14 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

true. but biden is hardly a lightning rod for people who might be on the fence.

And he is actually going to campaign in important swing states like Michigan and Wisconsin.  Hillary was unliked and totally incompetent. 

Posted Image

18 minutes ago, Akkula said:

And he is actually going to campaign in important swing states like Michigan and Wisconsin.  Hillary was unliked and totally incompetent. 

Nothing Biden does on the road during a hot summer is going to be a positive for him. So their strategy should be to keep those very minimal, stay inside away from everything and hope that Trump doesn’t make a comeback that would force him out. 

If Trump can force him out in the elements, it’ll look horrible for Biden. I would guess several falls or fainting kind of things during heat waves. Then if voters really have problems with the VP pick being the likely president at some point, it could go bad, and go bad quick for the Biden ticket. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’m normally pretty even minded and don’t react to the 3 to 4 game losses in a row and scream the season is over like everyone else. I look at everything like a bookee. I want reality and predictability. I honestly think there’s something different with him. Now fvck all the trump jokes, I see it, and I’ve watched his MO so closely for so long, he is actually very predictable if you know what you’re looking at and avoid the ‘noise’ that you think is important when it’s not......just distractions.

The problem it’s the thing he uses to get out of his self inflicted slumps. It’s missing and there’s something wrong with him in that way, and I’ve never seen it before. Does that mean it’s over? This is so weird for him to deviate like this and not get back on course.....I want to say yes, it is. But I won’t go there yet.

I know that Ford was ahead of Carter by about 30 points sometime around now back in 76 and I know about how far down Clinton was to senior Bush, etc. etc. However, you don’t need to convince me that impossible can’t happen, look at Trump. So these all scenarios aren’t impressive.

Show me 3 presidential debates, a VP announced, a VP debate (crazy important this time) and a couple other things, then I’ll let you know. 

Here is basically what happened.  Obama had the plane flying and turned on the autopilot and said, "okay Trump" here are the flight manuals...very important....make sure to study the one about "How to deal with a global pandemic" and various others.  

Trump promptly threw all the manuals out the window.  Autopilot works great until a flock of birds flies through the engines and you have to land the plan on the Hudson.  You actually have to have some expertise and knowledge to land the plan.  Now Trump doesn't know what to do an his "gut" is usually 180 degrees the opposite of what should have been done. 

It used to be that Donnie could distract everyone's attention from his latest +++++ up by calling Rosie O'Donnell a pig or something.  Unfortunately the pandemic is more of a master showman than Trump and it won't cede the spotlight just because someone can do a stupid parlor trick.

Posted Image

22 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Here is basically what happened.  Obama had the plane flying and turned on the autopilot and said, "okay Trump" here are the flight manuals...very important....make sure to study the one about "How to deal with a global pandemic" and various others.  

Trump promptly threw all the manuals out the window.  Autopilot works great until a flock of birds flies through the engines and you have to land the plan on the Hudson.  You actually have to have some expertise and knowledge to land the plan.  Now Trump doesn't know what to do an his "gut" is usually 180 degrees the opposite of what should have been done. 

It used to be that Donnie could distract everyone's attention from his latest +++++ up by calling Rosie O'Donnell a pig or something.  Unfortunately the pandemic is more of a master showman than Trump and it won't cede the spotlight just because someone can do a stupid parlor trick.

I’m not asking you or even willing to attempt to explain to you and anyone else how Trump ticks from my highly detailed perspective. But I know I’ve got it nailed down pretty well because my predictions have been way more accurate and consistent than the mob here. That’s for sure. You turn out these $1 garbage analysis’ of him and how how he’s going to fail, and then he proves you wrong time and time again. And no one holds you accountable or keeps track of your failure score going back to him running in 2015. Trust me, it’s ugly. So pardon me if I’m not excited about another round of your armchair mob Trump psychology analysis garbage. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’m not asking you or even willing to attempt to explain to you and anyone else how Trump ticks from my highly detailed perspective. But I know I’ve got it nailed down pretty well because my predictions have been way more accurate and consistent than the mob here. That’s for sure. You turn out these $1 garbage analysis’ of him and how how he’s going to fail, and then he proves you wrong time and time again. And no one holds you accountable or keeps track of your failure score going back to him running in 2015. Trust me, it’s ugly. So pardon me if I’m not excited about another round of your armchair mob Trump psychology analysis garbage. 

But you wore dress shorts to court, so who's the smart guy now?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I do so love the “appeal to authority” logical fallacy you regularly employ. It’s particularly fun in your case because that appealed to authority is frequently yourself, a professed engineer (of dubious capabilities, when cast in the light of previous engineering-related debates you’ve had with fellow engineers on this forum). It’s also deliciously ironical that you cast yourself as an all-knowing expert on so many things when you prove time and again how incapable of introspection you are and confirm in so many posts your almost complete lack of self awareness. Thanks for the morning’s entertainment. You deliver every damn time. 

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

But you wore dress shorts to court, so who's the smart guy now?

You obviously think I was the smart guy in that case because if I had never mentioned it, think of all the blissful masturbating you would have been devoid of to this point. 😂👍

kat.jpg

7 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Nothing Biden does on the road during a hot summer is going to be a positive for him. So their strategy should be to keep those very minimal, stay inside away from everything and hope that Trump doesn’t make a comeback that would force him out. 

If Trump can force him out in the elements, it’ll look horrible for Biden. I would guess several falls or fainting kind of things during heat waves. Then if voters really have problems with the VP pick being the likely president at some point, it could go bad, and go bad quick for the Biden ticket. 

Like that one time Biden couldn't hold a glass with one hand and was scared to walk down a widdle wamp.

1 hour ago, Posturedoc said:

I do so love the “appeal to authority” logical fallacy you regularly employ. It’s particularly fun in your case because that appealed to authority is frequently yourself, a professed engineer (of dubious capabilities, when cast in the light of previous engineering-related debates you’ve had with fellow engineers on this forum). It’s also deliciously ironical that you cast yourself as an all-knowing expert on so many things when you prove time and again how incapable of introspection you are and confirm in so many posts your almost complete lack of self awareness. Thanks for the morning’s entertainment. You deliver every damn time. 

It’s always interesting to see what you come up with as your ‘worst possible insult’ to me every once in a while. You know, when I anger you to a certain point where your pussy meter trips and you have to say something? Then you have to say it again, the same thing, over and over and over. Now’s the time where I tell you to fvck off.

kat.jpg

26 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Like that one time Biden couldn't hold a glass with one hand and was scared to walk down a widdle wamp.

Ahh, those expensive leather-bottomed shoes.... Not just any leather-soled shoes. But the very bestly leather-bottomed shoes. Those are great shoes. You know. They are slippery. Obama hated those shoes. His shoes weren’t that great. His shoes should be in jail. 

7 hours ago, Akkula said:

Lol yes, everything was going great which is why the country gave Donald Trump the controls. Bravo Obama.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

It’s always interesting to see what you come up with as your ‘worst possible insult’ to me every once in a while. You know, when I anger you to a certain point where your pussy meter trips and you have to say something? Then you have to say it again, the same thing, over and over and over. Now’s the time where I tell you to fvck off.

You’re right (a rarity!), I have become occasionally repetitive in posts directed at you. It is, after all, very difficult to insult those incapable of examining their internal mental machinations by pointing out they lack self-awareness. They (you) have no point of reference. I need to accept that you are incapable of understanding, much less accepting, the criticism and should move on to picking at one or more of your many other warts.

The problem with that evolution is that it would require me repressing one of my personal triggers: pointing out to noisy village idiots who suffer from delusions of critical thinking and omniscience that they are, in fact, not very bright. Folks who fall to the dense side of the IQ median aren’t an issue for me but, to repeat myself, dense people who believe they’re always the smartest person in a crowded room, have all the answers, and are uninhibited in sharing their thoughtless wisdom, well, I take pleasure in plucking their peacock feathers. It’s why we’ve clashed repeatedly for as long as you’ve been posting on Nevada-related forums.

This is a personal failing of mine (take note: self-awareness in action here). I will try to be better. I’m asking you for a favor, though. Can you please try to be less stupid? This would be a gigantic help to not only me, but to 90% of the board.

1 hour ago, Posturedoc said:

You’re right (a rarity!), I have become occasionally repetitive in posts directed at you. It is, after all, very difficult to insult those incapable of examining their internal mental machinations by pointing out they lack self-awareness. They (you) have no point of reference. I need to accept that you are incapable of understanding, much less accepting, the criticism and should move on to picking at one or more of your many other warts.

The problem with that evolution is that it would require me repressing one of my personal triggers: pointing out to noisy village idiots who suffer from delusions of critical thinking and omniscience that they are, in fact, not very bright. Folks who fall to the dense side of the IQ median aren’t an issue for me but, to repeat myself, dense people who believe they’re always the smartest person in a crowded room, have all the answers, and are uninhibited in sharing their thoughtless wisdom, well, I take pleasure in plucking their peacock feathers. It’s why we’ve clashed repeatedly for as long as you’ve been posting on Nevada-related forums.

This is a personal failing of mine (take note: self-awareness in action here). I will try to be better. I’m asking you for a favor, though. Can you please try to be less stupid? This would be a gigantic help to not only me, but to 90% of the board.

Wow, either that pussy meter trippage of yours is getting more sensitive or I inadvertently misaligned your posture. And everyone knows how much a legal crack dealer, like yourself, hates it when it’s inflicted by others. Sucks, yeah. At least if it’s self inflicted, it’s not as embarrassing.

OK, blowing through your post real quick, you’re back with the exact same thing, as always. “You have a low IQ, mine is hugest because I’m an elite snob” (weird overcompensation thing in action, there), something mentioned about self-awareness and that’s about it. Copy/Paste baby. Oh yeah, fvck off. 

kat.jpg

Wow, either that pussy meter trippage of yours is getting more sensitive or I inadvertently misaligned your posture. And everyone knows how much a legal crack dealer, like yourself, hates it when it’s inflicted by others. Sucks, yeah. At least if it’s self inflicted, it’s not as embarrassing.

OK, blowing through your post real quick, you’re back with the exact same thing, as always. “You have a low IQ, mine is hugest because I’m an elite snob” (weird overcompensation thing in action, there), something mentioned about self-awareness and that’s about it. Copy/Paste baby. Oh yeah, fvck off. 

Seems you blew right past my final paragraph. Lol. Keep on keeping on, Contard. 

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lol yes, everything was going great which is why the country gave Donald Trump the controls. Bravo Obama.

I would venture to guess that Obama would have easily beat Trump in the same fashion he beat Romey had they run against each other.  Trump got a very WEAK electoral college win by BARELY scraping by in a few midwestern states.  I think that has a lot more to do with the weakness and total Screwups of Hillary Clinton than this Trumpian genius.  Obama would have won Wisconsin and Michigan by driving up minority voting and gotten PA as well vs Trump.  "Generic Democrat" probably would have done better in the midwest than Clinton.  It was a COLOSSAL screw up by Clinton that should have been utterly predictable when she lost to Sanders.  

I know a lot of people like to act like Trump is a juggernaut like Reagan.  The guy BARELY won and got LUCKY as hell.  

Posted Image

10 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I would venture to guess that Obama would have easily beat Trump in the same fashion he beat Romey had they run against each other.  Trump got a very WEAK electoral college win by BARELY scraping by in a few midwestern states.  I think that has a lot more to do with the weakness and total Screwups of Hillary Clinton than this Trumpian genius.  Obama would have won Wisconsin and Michigan by driving up minority voting and gotten PA as well vs Trump.  "Generic Democrat" probably would have done better in the midwest than Clinton.  It was a COLOSSAL screw up by Clinton that should have been utterly predictable when she lost to Sanders.  

I know a lot of people like to act like Trump is a juggernaut like Reagan.  The guy BARELY won and got LUCKY as hell.  

And how did it come down to Hilary Clinton, the candidate bad enough to lose to Trump, or Bernie Sanders, the only major candidate bad enough to lose to Clinton, to face off against him?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

And how did it come down to Hilary Clinton, the candidate bad enough to lose to Trump, or Bernie Sanders, the only major candidate bad enough to lose to Clinton, to face off against him?

Well, in that case it’s because no one else ran. Sadly, my primary write-in vote for Jon Stewart didn’t catch the tail wind I was hoping for.