Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada6077

COVID test

I got tested back in May and it came back negative. I know a friend who had it and has recovered. She's a nurse at a retirement home. For her it started with a sore throat, followed by fatigue and a fever. She never developed a cough, but the fever stayed with her for 3 days. She was at home with her husband who was also exposed, but he developed a cough and extreme fatigue where he had trouble getting out of bed. They lived on soup/crackers for a few days and drank a lot of tea with honey. After about a week and a half they started feeling better and now they have fully recovered. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

27 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

Well i got exposed and tested! Who else on the site has been tested and status! I was exposed 10 days ago and sign was sore throat for me! I don’t have a fever and results in 1-3 days! Any wisdom 

thanks

I wouldn't bet the farm on the 1-3 days, even with the rapid test, lol. Good luck, I hope you're well.

Edit: although you are not dealing with SNHD, so maybe it's better up there..

7 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

The way it’s going it might get us all and thank you

the government screwed this up

Yep. If I or any of my coworkers get it we are all on lockdown. Resort shuts down and well have to hope what vacation time/sick time /PTO we have accrued will cover the bills until we open up again. 

Please wear masks. In every situation.  I've never been an alarmist. But, I can't think of one rational reason not to.  We all have to work and provide for the safety of our families and coworkers  (which are family ).

13 hours ago, Nevada6077 said:

Well i got exposed and tested! Who else on the site has been tested and status! I was exposed 10 days ago and sign was sore throat for me! I don’t have a fever and results in 1-3 days! Any wisdom 

thanks

1-3 days actually is pretty fast. My son had a cough and headache with some eye sensitivity, no fever. He got swabbed and was told 5-7 days.( in NM)I had to make about5-6 calls to get him the rapid cepheid test because I am a front line healthcare worker with household exposure. He tested positive so I got swabbed. I had to make another 5-6 calls to get a rapid test because they were still going to send it to the state labs. Finally convinced them that I needed a rapid test to contact trace my patients. Funny thing is, you are released from quarantine 10days after positive test but you’re quarantined for 14 days with household contact exposure even with a negative test. I almost wished I was positive. I could get out sooner and get it over with. Assuming I had similar symptoms.

i think he got it in Phoenix at a baseball tournament. Like I’ve mentioned before, the people there act as if they had never heard of Covid.

I was tested in a drive-through and came back negative. I never had symptoms, I just happened to be in the neighborhood and decided why not.

Getting the sinus swab is not fun, but not agony.

Best of luck to you and your family. To date, no one I know has contracted Covid.

Fortunately.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

14 hours ago, Nevada6077 said:

thanks

Eat healthy. Boost your immune system. Stay home and isolate yourself from others until you know for sure. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg