Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

Civil War II...who wins?

58 minutes ago, Warbow said:

We’ll let Oregon take over Idaho, We need the potato market. 

California will defend the West Coast and make a move on Arizona and Nevada using their illegals and Mexico. For their help California will give San Diego to Mexico and they will become part of Tijuana. 

Hawaii will attack Texas and Florida from the Gulf of Mexico. Mexico will assist Hawaii with ground troops in Texas after they break down the wall. As a reward the blue give San Antonio and El Paso back to Mexico

The blue East coast will stand fast until Canada allows passage to Alaska. Once negotiated, Washington state makes a move on Alaska and secures the pipeline. 

the largest potato producing county in the nation is grant county in washington.

suck it idaho

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, Warbow said:

All they need to do is seize the secret underground practice facility, Quonset hut and the  roid supply and Idaho will fall. 

Oregonians haven’t fared well at all when stepping foot on the blue field above the secret roid facility.

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

the largest potato producing county in the nation is grant county in washington.

suck it idaho

Quality over quantity.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 hours ago, gold-n-brown said:

I am probably considered a liberal because I care about the environment, education and healthcare.  But I am also from Wyoming and own guns and know how to use them.  I would be fighting on the side against the Orange menace.

My comment was on the way out the door to work this morning.  I should add that I don't think I could ever raise arms against my fellow Americans except in self defense.  Please vote this November.  Peace.

I think a Civil War is less likely due to:

- Independents: as long as there are folks who are not on any “team” there is a way to sway hearts and minds each election cycle.  The truly non-aligned and the low information voters.  God bless them!

- Electoral College: similarly; although I don’t like it because some weird things could happen like Trump being elected, Americans like games  and the swing states, which constantly change provides “hope.”  Hopelessness leads to civil strife.  National majority rule, even slightly but consistent (like in Turkey) is harder to swing; demographics.  State demographics are more fluid.  Also having a House and Senate, switch sides.

- Term Limits: think of the dictators and the civil wars that lead to their demise (or not, Hi Assad!).  Again, hope vs hopelessness.

- Less Ethno-Nationalism: lets hope we don’t devolve to this.  Might say, the Confederacy was ethno-nationalist at its source. 

21 hours ago, Billings said:

But then west coast cuts off fruits and vegetables to wyoming and alaska. 

They don't want the LGBTQ crowd anyway.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

16 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I wonder if the west coast split off would Nevada join them.  Vegas is closely tied to LA and Reno is tied to NorCal.  I’m curious how those from Nevada think? 

Yes, Reno and Vegas would go with Cali. Strictly on economic grounds. The rest of Nevada would stay Red.

I m thinking Phoenix and Tucson would also swing Cali. But, while holding their nose to do so.

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

Yes, Reno and Vegas would go with Cali. Strictly on economic grounds. The rest of Nevada would stay Red.

I m thinking Phoenix and Tucson would also swing Cali. But, while holding their nose to do so.

Reno is trying and succeeding to eat business from Cali, they’d ruin all that by joining. The reason it’s been booming is because it’s not Cali, and not trying to be JV Vegas.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Not so sure about Phoenix and Tucson.

FED9933F-CD08-40B3-81E0-51333A3DAEA7.jpeg.7e7d636754519a564e8ab482a314c17a.jpeg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not so sure about Phoenix and Tucson.

FED9933F-CD08-40B3-81E0-51333A3DAEA7.jpeg.7e7d636754519a564e8ab482a314c17a.jpeg

That's why they hold their noses. They are economically joined at the hip with Cali.

Americans Mayor

23 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

That's why they hold their noses. They are economically joined at the hip with Cali.

Cali ain’t going to be what it is now if said civil war happens. 

If there truly is a Civil War, non violent hopefully, and we do split into factionalized communities, Salt Lake County is going to make the Balkans look like a walk through the park.

Blue neighborhoods inside of Red Communities and vice-versa. Loads of purple communities and neighborhoods within Red districts. Red City Leaders were talking about seceding from the County after the 2018 elections.

SLC being a purple county surrounded by overwhelminly Red Counties. Mix in Fundamentalist Religious values.

:popcorn:

Americans Mayor

On 7/1/2020 at 11:31 AM, happycamper said:

much of washington and oregon are heated and powered with hydro so...? also there was a big push for a LNG terminal in the NW "a few years back" that got killed. maybe it was speculative

Cool, idaho diverts all the water into new flood plans and blows up the damns on the Snake.  Game over.

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Cool, idaho diverts all the water into new flood plans and blows up the damns on the Snake.  Game over.

You love nature too much to alter natural courses.  Blow the dams?  Sure, I am positive you would go with that.  And let's blow McCall, Anderson and Lucky Peak first.  :banana:.

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You love nature too much to alter natural courses.  Blow the dams?  Sure, I am positive you would go with that.  And let's blow McCall, Anderson and Lucky Peak first.  :banana:.

Amen! The north enders are all Californians anyways.

Actually, I’m surprised, The Valley looks pretty blue.  The counties in the Sierra foothills are red.  Low population, meth is a problem, and one of the more difficult places to hire. The terrain would be difficult to invade as there are limited roads, poor cell service, and natural barriers.

Kern County/Bakersfield seems like the red capital in CA in terms of population, economic power.  Area is flat so difficult to defend.  

I’m surprised Lake County was blue.  Thought would be closer aligned politically to counties to the East.

Mt Shasta would be a strong hold (I’ve never been would love to visit this beautiful mountain).  Controlling that would control supplies coming from the red areas into CA.  Kind of like a Battle of Khe Sanh in Nam.  Strategically located if a blue base was there but far away from population centers and might not be worth holding.  

Maricopa County would be split between West and Central Phoenix to the west and Scottsdale to the east (although wealthy, economically used to a SoCal lifestyle; don’t know what they would be fighting for to ruin a good thing).  The Loop 202 (southeast) is very mixed, in my opinion.  Pockets of evangelicals and also pockets of more affordable housing which you would assume leans Blue.  

The reason why AZ is purple and becoming Blue is the vastness of the sprawl.  There is something for everyone.  Cheap housing, you got it.  Luxury housing, you got it.  

Tucson is blue.  

The reds tend to be older in AZ.  I think AZ stays with CA.