Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

22 Great Things About America - Buzzfeed

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephenlaconte/non-americans-share-things-they-like-about-america-reddit

Foreigners offered their insights on a reddit thread of things they admired about America and Buzzfeed put together their 22 favorite ones.  Making the list:

1) NASA

2) Music

3) Food

4) Chicken sandwich made out of only chicken 

5) Being able to criticize your leaders

:USFlag:

Be proud America!  We’ve still got it :banana:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

42 minutes ago, mugtang said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephenlaconte/non-americans-share-things-they-like-about-america-reddit

Foreigners offered their insights on a reddit thread of things they admired about America and Buzzfeed put together their 22 favorite ones.  Making the list:

1) NASA

1.1) UNLV 

2) Music

3) Food

#22. You are allowed to publicly criticize your government and leader.

Not.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZDV3WKbc8HcmEiwy7

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

My gd was telling me tonight how the country is going to hell. I told her I disagree. Obviously there is much division politically, but I feel like the us and the world especially is so much more developed and better than it was in the 90s.

27 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Not.

But you are though...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

30 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

My gd was telling me tonight how the country is going to hell. I told her I disagree. Obviously there is much division politically, but I feel like the us and the world especially is so much more developed and better than it was in the 90s.

I want the 2020 you’re having, mine’s no bueno.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

1) NASA

2) Music

3) Food

#15 is something we all should remember and strive to continue.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I want the 2020 you’re having, mine’s no bueno.

Social media and 'sharing' is making us feel worse. Why does negative news cause clicks? Remember the 90s? Bosnia, Iraq, even south Africa and the Philippines. There are less dictators today. There is more freedom in the world. Yes, there is political strife and disease, but the absolute horror those counties experienced has subsided.

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

Social media and 'sharing' is making us feel worse. Why does negative news cause clicks? Remember the 90s? Bosnia, Iraq, even south Africa and the Philippines. There are less dictators today. There is more freedom in the world. Yes, there is political strife and disease, but the absolute horror those counties experienced has subsided.

I think you're right.social media is making thing worse .

I grew up without social media. It's was the three networks. ABC ,NBC and CBS, we were fearful of a nuclear holocaust .Russians were armed to the teeth as well as us . It was a very scary time to be a kid. Nuclear Fall out shelters were built around the country.We were taught in school how to duck under our desks in case of an nuclear attack .not that it would help...but we were kids. 

Imagine if that same scenario was happening today.

The absolutely real threat of the entire population of the earth being wiped out in a matter of hours or days depending on location.  It was a real thing for us.

15 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I think you're right.social media is making thing worse .

I grew up without social media. It's was the three networks. ABC ,NBC and CBS, we were fearful of a nuclear holocaust .Russians were armed to the teeth as well as us . It was a very scary time to be a kid. Nuclear Fall out shelters were built around the country.We were taught in school how to duck under our desks in case of an nuclear attack .not that it would help...but we were kids. 

Imagine if that same scenario was happening today.

The absolutely real threat of the entire population of the earth being wiped out in a matter of hours or days depending on location.  It was a real thing for us.

Social media is making things seem worse. 

Maybe this is what you meant.

The overall worldwide "human experience" continues to improve. Just as it steadily has since the dawn of man.

On 6/30/2020 at 5:23 PM, Spaztecs said:

Not.

Critique is only as good as the knowledge of that which is being criticized.

It's "woke" to know all 317 genders #sciencequestionmark

It's kookism to point out the irrefutable fact that practically all of us have surrendered our God given Rights. #changethesubject

So yeah, take all my Rights, and my property, just don't misgender me MF!!! #priorities

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif