Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

Soldier Vanessa Guillen Body Possibly Found

Link

Guillen was last seen around 11:30 a.m. on April 22 in the parking lot of her regimental engineer squadron headquarters on Fort Hood.

Her car keys, room key, identification card and wallet were found in the armory room where she was working earlier in the day.

Army CID confirmed in a meeting with Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia on June 23 foul play was suspected in Guillen's disapperance.

Garcia said Guillen had reported to her friends and family that a sergeant once came into her shower while she was naked. 

The 3rd Cavalry Regiment commander, Col. Ralph Overland, appointed a team to conduct an investigation into the sexual harassment claim on June 18.

Garcia said she was told they didn't start a sexual harassment investigation earlier because harassment was not considered criminal.

If all the worst scuttlebutt is true, it will be another true disgrace with our military and how we treat one another.  I hope it isn't true, but it would not be the first time goofy shit has happened in our military.  The lack of news has been horrible, and the limited info coming out from the base/Army has been extremely disappointing, and now it may be just outright disgusting.  

https://abc13.com/vanessa-guillen-missing-fort-hood-found-update/6287605/

KILLEEN, Texas (KTRK) -- A military suspect who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound and a civilian suspect arrested by the Texas Rangers are connected to the disappearance of Fort Hood soldier from Houston Vanessa Guillen, according to Killeen police.

Army officials say Special Agents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, along with the U.S. Marshals, Killeen Police Department, and the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force were trying to find the junior soldier who fled from Fort Hood late Tuesday.

Around 1:29 a.m. Wednesday, officers found him in the 4700 block of East Rancier Avenue. Authorities said that as they tried to make contact with the suspect, he pulled out a gun and shot himself.

He died from the self-inflicted gunshot wound.

His name will not be released pending notification of next of kin.

Officials say the civilian suspect arrested in Guillen's case is the estranged wife of a former Fort Hood soldier. She is currently in custody in the Bell County Jail and will be charged.

22 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If all the worst scuttlebutt is true, it will be another true disgrace with our military and how we treat one another.  I hope it isn't true, but it would not be the first time goofy shit has happened in our military.  The lack of news has been horrible, and the limited info coming out from the base/Army has been extremely disappointing, and now it may be just outright disgusting.  

There are reports out there that her command may have run her as Accounted For on the Morning Report for two days after she went missing. If so, her entire Chain of Command needs to burn. Complete and total failure of leadership. Does the Army not teach accountability of personnel? WTF?

29 minutes ago, sean327 said:

There are reports out there that her command may have run her as Accounted For on the Morning Report for two days after she went missing. If so, her entire Chain of Command needs to burn. Complete and total failure of leadership. Does the Army not teach accountability of personnel? WTF?

Come on sean, Marines have certainly messed up too.  The J'ville murder and the murder of the married couple by his fellow Marines in Riverside immediately come to mind.

Doing this to each other is the lowest of the low in my eyes.  It knows no branch.  It's just ridiculous.  And if their command tried to cover it up, fire and brimstone need to be the most common material in their HQ.  +++++ them, and +++++ anyone who covered it up or looked the other way (if true, of course).  Send some arty their way, the world will be a better place without them.

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Come on sean, Marines have certainly messed up too.  The J'ville murder and the murder of the married couple by his fellow Marines in Riverside immediately come to mind.

Doing this to each other is the lowest of the low in my eyes.  It knows no branch.  It's just ridiculous.  And if their command tried to cover it up, fire and brimstone need to be the most common material in their HQ.  +++++ them, and +++++ anyone who covered it up or looked the other way (if true, of course).  Send some arty their way, the world will be a better place without them.

Were any of those Marines run as Accounted For on the Morning Report for two days? No they weren’t . I know full well Marines do some evil shit to each other and I’m in no way excusing that. I can’t excuse the accountability issue either. That shit was drilled into us for a reason. I was in the Stumps in 1989 when that Marine was left behind on the range by his unit. The shit show that ensued from that unfortunate incident will forever be locked in my brain.

6 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Were any of those Marines run as Accounted For on the Morning Report for two days? No they weren’t . I know full well Marines do some evil shit to each other and I’m in no way excusing that. I can’t excuse the accountability issue either. That shit was drilled into us for a reason. I was in the Stumps in 1989 when that Marine was left behind on the range by his unit. The shit show that ensued from that unfortunate incident will forever be locked in my brain.

The cover up will be as evil as the violence.  It is obstruction or worse, aiding and abetting.  Send em all to the brig.   I was speaking more of the fact that we have this BS violence in our service to begin with, but I missed your main point of the shadiness by the unit.  Man, is that place going to fry if the sequence of events is how it reads currently.  And deservedly so.

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The cover up will be as evil as the violence.  It is obstruction or worse, aiding and abetting.  Send em all to the brig.   I was speaking more of the fact that we have this BS violence in our service to begin with, but I missed your main point of the shadiness by the unit.  Man, is that place going to fry if the sequence of events is how it reads currently.  And deservedly so.

In the Twentynine Palms incident everyone fried from the Bn CO to the Squad Leader. And I’m with you on the crap that goes on in the military as a whole. We need to be way better at rooting the assholes out early. 

Link

The remains of Pvt. 1st Class Vanessa Guillen, a 20-year-old soldier who went missing over two months ago, have been identified, according to a family representative.

Army investigators with the Criminal Investigation Command said one military suspect killed himself Tuesday after investigators tried to make contact with him in relation to Guillen's disappearance. Khawam told the Army Times last week that the man — identified as Spc. Aaron Robinson — used a hammer to attack Guillen, causing "her blood to be splashed all over the armory room."

Khawam told Army Times that Robinson enlisted the help of his married girlfriend, Cecily Aguilar, to dismember and bury Guillen's body. Khawam described the incident as a "heinous" act of murder.

Another article states that she was called into an armory room where she was killed by Robinson, dismembered, burned until that failed, then mixed with cement and scattered in a couple places.  The amount of violence in this case, likely as retaliation for speaking up about harassment, as well as the likely coverup by command has made this one of the most egregious cases that I have heard in recent memory.  I wish the POS would have slightly missed his shot and lived so he can not escape his punishment.  

Commit to serving the country and instead within a year or two, you are sexually harassed, receive no assistance, get murdered in this fashion and your superiors did little to nothing to help find you.  It makes my blood boil that this happens and I will not doubt that Ft. Hood and Army will try to explain it away as an isolated incident and no change is needed.  They are starting to protest now, and I wish them well.  Hopefully she won't get her name dragged through the mud too.  Prayers sent to her and her family.  

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Link

Another article states that she was called into an armory room where she was killed by Robinson, dismembered, burned until that failed, then mixed with cement and scattered in a couple places.  The amount of violence in this case, likely as retaliation for speaking up about harassment, as well as the likely coverup by command has made this one of the most egregious cases that I have heard in recent memory.  I wish the POS would have slightly missed his shot and lived so he can not escape his punishment.  

Commit to serving the country and instead within a year or two, you are sexually harassed, receive no assistance, get murdered in this fashion and your superiors did little to nothing to help find you.  It makes my blood boil that this happens and I will not doubt that Ft. Hood and Army will try to explain it away as an isolated incident and no change is needed.  They are starting to protest now, and I wish them well.  Hopefully she won't get her name dragged through the mud too.  Prayers sent to her and her family.  

It sounds as though the whole "reporting" system needs to be looked at and possibly overhauled. Don't know if it's true but read that, although others seemed to be aware, she had never made a formal complaint against Robinson.

Any cover-up after the fact should be dealt with harshly.

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

It sounds as though the whole "reporting" system needs to be looked at and possibly overhauled. Don't know if it's true but read that, although others seemed to be aware, she had never made a formal complaint against Robinson.

Any cover-up after the fact should be dealt with harshly.

I think it may have been an informal or just a boot soldier who thought bringing it through the chain would have been adequate.  The naivety of a 20-year old private is a dream for a platoon or company in covering up a harassment case.