Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

DRF starts campaign

36 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Go Scorpion Trailblazer Miners!

Rebulls!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

DRF described in one word is “progressive.”  She is relatively young in the sports administration world, and she’s looking for new ways to do things and adapt to modern times.  The coaches she has hired reflect that.

18 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

DRF described in one word is “progressive.”  She is relatively young in the sports administration world, and she’s looking for new ways to do things and adapt to modern times.  The coaches she has hired reflect that.

This thing is taking off in college athletics. I'm seeing posts from all over the country.

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

This thing is taking off in college athletics. I'm seeing posts from all over the country.

That’s exactly what I mean.  She’s very forward thinking and isn’t one of those “set in their ways” people.

16 hours ago, ph90702 said:

That’s exactly what I mean.  She’s very forward thinking and isn’t one of those “set in their ways” people.

If that were true, she would have already done away with the school's racist nickname. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 6/30/2020 at 12:34 PM, ph90702 said:

The name isn’t racist.

It's a racist nickname given to them by a racist school.  

Las Vegas is a racist city. There is just no denying it.  Even the name of their hockey team has a connection to racism. The name, Las Vegas Golden Knights, was inspired by the Golden Circle Knighthood of the Ku Klux Klan.  They didn't even have the decency to just name themselves the Knights.  Instead, they had to give a nod to the K.K.K. Typical Vegas.

The UNLV racists can deny it all they want, but the facts speak for themselves. UNLV & Ole Miss are the last of the racist, large college holdouts.  But they won't be able to hold out forever.  A name change is coming, whether they like it or not. The only question is when will it happen?

I would be ashamed if I were an alum of that racist institution.  But you are clearly not ashamed.  Instead you, and those like you, just rationalize the racism and tell people they've got it all wrong when history, and the fact that you people refuse to change that racist name, tell a completely different story.

UNLV has a long history of being blatantly racist.  I am glad they are finally being called out for it.  It is long overdue. 

Barack Obama

44 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

UNLV is the most diverse university in the country.

Actually, if you look it up, you will see that you don't even make the top 100.  Besides, no one said UNLV wasn't diverse.

As UNLV has proven, you can be diverse and still be racist.  It happens in lots of places. 

Barack Obama

17 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Actually, if you look it up, you will see that you don't even make the top 100.  Besides, no one said UNLV wasn't diverse.

As UNLV has proven, you can be diverse and still be racist.  It happens in lots of places. 

https://www.unlv.edu/news/release/us-news-world-report-unlv-most-diverse-campus-nation

Great idea for DRF to come up with this mask campaign to show off all the UNLV masks all over twitter and the internet.

Only problem is that you can't buy a UNLV mask anywhere online so she is complete failure.

Comes up with an idea (that I am pretty sure she stole from me anyways) but totally forgets to monetize the situation to help out the student athletes and the University.

How hard is it to order some masks and build a decent website that sells merchandise?  Maybe have a few stores in town now that The Raider Image has totally stole the show and shown you how it is done.

Worst school for trying to get some merchandise.  Can't even buy a MENS SIZE (XL or XXL) in any decent gear.  Pathetic attempt by the worst incompetent Athletic Director of my lifetime.

All smiles.  No work though.  No money.  No helping me out and sending me a UNLV mask.  Just ask for more money and give me nothing but grief.  Can't even build a proper website to sell tickets.

Text me and call me asking if they can do anything to help and when you give them a list they disappear. 

Shark_Tark.2.png.148e35caf8bf8e973ea0e1eee46c31b1.pngHey_Reb_37.png.08d2af73d214079df82041c155e025eb.png

On 7/1/2020 at 3:42 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

It's a racist nickname given to them by a racist school.  

Las Vegas is a racist city. There is just no denying it.  Even the name of their hockey team has a connection to racism. The name, Las Vegas Golden Knights, was inspired by the Golden Circle Knighthood of the Ku Klux Klan.  They didn't even have the decency to just name themselves the Knights.  Instead, they had to give a nod to the K.K.K. Typical Vegas.

The UNLV racists can deny it all they want, but the facts speak for themselves. UNLV & Ole Miss are the last of the racist, large college holdouts.  But they won't be able to hold out forever.  A name change is coming, whether they like it or not. The only question is when will it happen?

I would be ashamed if I were an alum of that racist institution.  But you are clearly not ashamed.  Instead you, and those like you, just rationalize the racism and tell people they've got it all wrong when history, and the fact that you people refuse to change that racist name, tell a completely different story.

UNLV has a long history of being blatantly racist.  I am glad they are finally being called out for it.  It is long overdue. 

I had to give you a like just because it was a well done effort.  Bravo.

You even got me to google Golden Circle Knighthood.  The Knights of the Golden Circle appear to have been an interesting group, bent on the preservation of the south from the industrial north, and their aspirations to annex Mexico were certainly ambitious.  However, they far preceded the KKK from what I can tell, and no member of such organization was ever identified.

I'm gonna' give you an A+ for the composition though.

4 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I had to give you a like just because it was a well done effort.  Bravo.

You even got me to google Golden Circle Knighthood.  The Knights of the Golden Circle appear to have been an interesting group, bent on the preservation of the south from the industrial north, and their aspirations to annex Mexico were certainly ambitious.  However, they far preceded the KKK from what I can tell, and no member of such organization was ever identified.

I'm gonna' give you an A+ for the composition though.

I agree, nice effort @Aslowhiteguy

kat.jpg

On 7/1/2020 at 4:21 PM, 4UNLV said:

UNLV is the most diverse university in the country.

Mississippi is a diverse state.  And they are every bit as racist as Las Vegas.

Besides, the 'diversity' you speak of is due to the large percentage of Hispanics enrolled at UNLV.  

Your school made the decision to embrace Confederate symbolism.  And they refuse to distance themselves from their racist heritage by refusing to change the last connection to the history of overt and blatant racism. 

UNLV alums should be ashamed. But they are not. Like every other bigot, they just make excuses and rationalizations. 

Barack Obama