Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

Pat Forde Realigns America

I don't think anyone (other than SJSU fans) in the MW would dislike this.

Too bad it doesn't have a chance of happening. Also a bummer that Nevada and UNLV are split up.

20 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Nevada, Fresno, Hawaii, and SUDS fans, are all asking for this realignment right now. Maybe AF? I don't know.

Honestly I think I'd probably rather be in the Rocky Mountain Conference if they're all equal. We could actually compete for a championship in certain years. Whereas, it would take quite awhile before we were competitive in the Pac 12.

Looks like a winner to me except switch Nevada and UNLV.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

let us all start protesting to make this happen. G-5 lives matter. The current set-up is Systemically unequal.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

24 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

How pissed would Penn State be if that happened?  What a lackluster conference that would be.

Truth, but maybe now they can rack up some conf championships?

5 hours ago, Douglaspoke said:

As I recall Arizona State once finished the football season rated as #2 in the nation.  Not since!

Oh yes that was in the WAC.

Maybe not, but they did get to #4 in 1996 with Jake the Snake (just in front of the Steve Sarkisian-led 14-1 BYU Cougars).  And if Jake could have taken a little more time off the clock before scoring the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter of the Rose Bowl, they might have been national champions.

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

Looks like a winner to me except switch Nevada and UNLV.

This would make more sense.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

On 6/29/2020 at 9:57 AM, AztecSU said:

This is actually funny if for no other reason than it probably upsets P5 fans. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/06/29/ncaa-college-football-conference-realignment

image.png.c54d0062f795cf6275229653f6c6fd12.png

Sign me up! Traditional regional rivalries, easy travel to away games, and a fair shot at the playoffs for all? Bowl/playoff games that are exciting and interesting because you want your conference to be the best? I'm not sure there are many fans out there that would be upset with this.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

26 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

Sign me up! Traditional regional rivalries, easy travel to away games, and a fair shot at the playoffs for all? Bowl/playoff games that are exciting and interesting because you want your conference to be the best? I'm not sure there are many fans out there that would be upset with this.

I think my only critique would be to rework the PAC12/RockyMtn. Seems like it would be even better as Pacific North and Pacific South. Especially for traveling fans.

PAC North: WSU, UW, OU, OSU, BSU, WYO, BYU, UU, USU, CU, CSU, AFA

PAC South: USC, UCLA, SDSU, UNLV, ASU, AU, UNM, Cal, Stan, FSU, UNR

15 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

I think my only critique would be to rework the PAC12/RockyMtn. Seems like it would be even better as Pacific North and Pacific South. Especially for traveling fans.

PAC North: WSU, UW, OU, OSU, BSU, WYO, BYU, UU, USU, CU, CSU, AFA

PAC South: USC, UCLA, SDSU, UNLV, ASU, AU, UNM, Cal, Stan, FSU, UNR

Yeah I agree with this, it would also even the playing field a bit. The Rocky Mountain Conference was really the only one without a traditional blue blood. Oregon and Washington would change that, and make the 2 conferences more even.

Too bad this has no chance of happening, because it really would be so cool and such an improvement over the current system.