Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

If there is a Covid 19 vaccine, are you going to get it

Will you take Covid 19 vaccine if/when one is available?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will you take Covid 19 vaccine if/when one is available?

• Yes, of course I would
    • No, for whatever reason, I would not
    • Maybe, I haven't decided yet

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

No, I don't get the flu vaccine. I don't like getting shots, and it takes time out of my day. I'm healthy as a horse and have never gotten the flu so why should I. It's not like COVID or the flu are hepatitis or polio

Fair enough.  I see a vaccine for flu and potentially the coronavirus as about equal for the younger and the healthy.  I still get them, because it takes little effort and if it means I don't get it, it also means my likelihood of spreading it is much lower.  As someone else has posted, I do hope they aren't rushing it through without diligent analysis of the effects.  That would be my only sticking point.

I put maybe because I want to see it work before I get it. I don't want to rush into a treatment that has serious unforeseen consequences. If they can show that it is effective at stopping COVID 19 and doesn't have harmful side effects, I would gladly get the vaccination.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

16 minutes ago, Naggsty Butler said:

I put maybe because I want to see it work before I get it. I don't want to rush into a treatment that has serious unforeseen consequences. If they can show that it is effective at stopping COVID 19 and doesn't have harmful side effects, I would gladly get the vaccination.

Pretty sure that efficacy will be known before it’s rolled out given the phased trials and testing.

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob said:

No, I don't get the flu vaccine. I don't like getting shots, and it takes time out of my day. I'm healthy as a horse and have never gotten the flu so why should I. It's not like COVID or the flu are hepatitis or polio

dude you literally argue for herd immunity for covid but you don't get the flu vaccine?

I'm beginning to think that your positions are just justifications for selfishness or something

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

I'm not likely to get the COVID vaccine (there probably will never be one so this is all moot), but I'm all for getting vaccines against diseases that pose actual health risks.

Natural Selection at work.

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Fair enough.  I see a vaccine for flu and potentially the coronavirus as about equal for the younger and the healthy.  I still get them, because it takes little effort and if it means I don't get it, it also means my likelihood of spreading it is much lower.  As someone else has posted, I do hope they aren't rushing it through without diligent analysis of the effects.  That would be my only sticking point.

I don't see cutting corners on safety testing because of the tort attorneys licking their chops at any mistake.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Bob, let me be clear. I love you. You are my brother.

But how hilarious would it be if you did a practical joke where you disappeared from the board for a month or two and then had your "wife" come on the board to say you got covid and died, and then like two weeks later you come back on and say guess what mfers.

I would respect that level of game so hard.

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Bob, let me be clear. I love you. You are my brother.

But how hilarious would it be if you did a practical joke where you disappeared from the board for a month or two and then had your "wife" come on the board to say you got covid and died, and then like two weeks later you come back on and say guess what mfers.

I would respect that level of game so hard.

The guy who was originally going to buy the board with me did that.  Except I don’t know if he ever created a new account....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

The guy who was originally going to buy the board with me did that.  Except I don’t know if he ever created a new account....

Shit, I completely forgot about that.  That was a strange time.  :D

Also, you are back from camping, please boot me from the moderator crew.

14 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Shit, I completely forgot about that.  That was a strange time.  :D

Also, you are back from camping, please boot me from the moderator crew.

I’ll do it tonight. Maybe. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

dude you literally argue for herd immunity for covid but you don't get the flu vaccine?

I'm beginning to think that your positions are just justifications for selfishness or something

Well he said it wasn’t worth his time so that should give you a hint.  

Just now, Bob said:

You truly have baffling logic. By what means do you think COVID will go away? Or do you think it will just be something we live with under this "new normal"? Me refusing to get a flu vaccine has no connection to the present COVID situation

bob, you get a vaccine for your kids and parents.

If it's snowing and I'm riding your ass with your kids in the car, well, who gives a shit right? My car isn't going to be hurt and I've never rear ended anyone so why should I bother backing off?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, Bob said:

If the vaccine is available to the kids and parents, then what does it matter what I do? If a vaccine is available, then why should others hold me responsible for their safety?

Bob, you were literally just arguing for herd immunity!!! Do you know what the +++++ herd immunity even is or is it something some blowhard spouted on a radio program as a way to avoid doing anything about covid? I mean christ there are many people who can't be vaccinated but it doesn't matter as long as enough people are immune. That's what "herd immunity" means. Then furthermore, the flu vaccine is 40-60 percent effective; meaning that there's deaths of people who are vaccinated. However, if the population at large is vaccinated, then the spread of the flu is heavily mitigated... so far fewer people get it in the first place... so there are far fewer deaths. 

Seriously dude, you are just laziness and narcissism and you dress it up with arguments you understand so little that you undermine them in your next post.