Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWCfq

Most Important Game For Each Mountain Division Team In 2020

This is Caleb from Fifth Quarter. I am going to be covering the CFB's west coast, and primarily the MWC. This is my first piece (the West division will go up tomorrow). 

I am hoping to hear some feedback and gauge what you guys would enjoy reading. I am going to be putting out a feature piece soon on the 6 new MWC coaches, so be looking out for that!

https://fifthquarter.net/analysis/2020/06/24/mountain-west-football-most-important-game-for-each-mountain-division-team-in-2020/

Caleb I hate to say it but you completely whiffed on each game.

Air Force's most important game comes on October 24 at Wyoming, a game to decide whether dark horse Air Force has legitimate division title aspirations.

Boise State's most important game of the season comes on November 21 at Wyoming, a battle for division supremacy.

Colorado State's most important game of the season comes at home on October 31st against Wyoming, in an attempt to salvage a broken season.

New Mexico's most important game is at home on November 28th against Wyoming, a game which could launch them in to bowl eligibility.

Utah State's most important game of the season comes on November 11 against Wyoming, a test to see if they can rise above last year's disappointment

Finally, Wyoming's most important game of the season comes on December 5th in the MW CCG. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Caleb I hate to say it but you completely whiffed on each game.

Air Force's most important game comes on October 24 at Wyoming, a game to decide whether dark horse Air Force has legitimate division title aspirations.

Boise State's most important game of the season comes on November 21 at Wyoming, a battle for division supremacy.

Colorado State's most important game of the season comes at home on October 31st against Wyoming, in an attempt to salvage a broken season.

New Mexico's most important game is at home on November 28th against Wyoming, a game which could launch them in to bowl eligibility.

Utah State's most important game of the season comes on November 11 against Wyoming, a test to see if they can rise above last year's disappointment

Finally, Wyoming's most important game of the season comes on December 5th in the MW CCG. 

This is what I love to hear! I have high hopes for Wyoming this season. I am expecting them to compete for the division. 

If Davie’s guys buy into what Gonzalez and Rocky are selling, New Mexico could surprise people. I wouldn’t sleep on my Lobos. 

I do think that the game against Boise is Wyoming's most important game of the year. At home against a team we've been that close multiple years in a row and we should finally have enough running backs and quarter backs to have an offense. We win that, even if we aren't division champs, then we have measurable progress. I'll let other teams decide what their most important games are.

@halfmanhalfbronco @madmartigan @Headbutt you guys wanna, like, actually talk some football or somethin?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

9 minutes ago, sean327 said:

If Davie’s guys buy into what Gonzalez and Rocky are selling, New Mexico could surprise people. I wouldn’t sleep on my Lobos. 

I definitely am hoping the Lobos can compete, but it is going to be tough. Their division doesn't offer any easy games. I could see them heading into November sitting at 4-4 with wins over Idaho State, NMSU, Umass, and SJSU but their final 4 games don't do them any favors. @ Hawaii, vs Boise, @ AFA, and finally vs Wyoming is about the toughest final 4 games the Lobos could ask for. Maybe they steal one of those game (most likely Hawaii). 

8 minutes ago, MWCfq said:

I definitely am hoping the Lobos can compete, but it is going to be tough. Their division doesn't offer any easy games. I could see them heading into November sitting at 4-4 with wins over Idaho State, NMSU, Umass, and SJSU but their final 4 games don't do them any favors. @ Hawaii, vs Boise, @ AFA, and finally vs Wyoming is about the toughest final 4 games the Lobos could ask for. Maybe they steal one of those game (most likely Hawaii). 

I think they have decent shot at beating CSU as well, but you’re right. That last stretch is going to be very tough.

15 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I do think that the game against Boise is Wyoming's most important game of the year. At home against a team we've been that close multiple years in a row and we should finally have enough running backs and quarter backs to have an offense. We win that, even if we aren't division champs, then we have measurable progress. I'll let other teams decide what their most important games are.

@halfmanhalfbronco @madmartigan @Headbutt you guys wanna, like, actually talk some football or somethin?

Boise States most important game of the year in the SECMTN is a toss up between Wyoming and the early season match with AFA.  If we sweep, we are in the CCG again, likely hosting, drop one and who knows, drop both and we are out.

It goes without saying that CSU's biggest game is against Wyoming.  Lately, even when we've been good we've found a way to choke in the War.  It was just another game to Bobo, but Adazio circled it the day he arrived on campus.  I foresee a different result this year.  The RAMS had the talent to compete for the division in '17 and '19, but the game day coaching left everything to be desired.  The talent was useless without direction and motivation.  We'll see a much improved CSU team in '20.

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I definitely agree. The reason I chose Nevada is because in my season predictions I have Wyoming being 4-1 in conference heading into the Nevada game, meanwhile I expect Boise to be 7-0 in conference outside of the Wyoming game. Nevada is looking to have a season similar to Wyoming. If Wyoming beats Nevada they'd be in a position to win the division if they can beat the Broncos. If they lose to Nevada then Boise would win the division with a win or a loss to Wyoming. 

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

It goes without saying that CSU's biggest game is against Wyoming.  Lately, even when we've been good we've found a way to choke in the War.  It was just another game to Bobo, but Adazio circled it the day he arrived on campus.  I foresee a different result this year.  The RAMS had the talent to compete for the division in '17 and '19, but the game day coaching left everything to be desired.  The talent was useless without direction and motivation.  We'll see a much improved CSU team in '20.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise States most important game of the year in the SECMTN is a toss up between Wyoming and the early season match with AFA.  If we sweep, we are in the CCG again, likely hosting, drop one and who knows, drop both and we are out.

9 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I think they have decent shot at beating CSU as well, but you’re right. That last stretch is going to be very tough.

ok sean based on the above I think you need to change your answer to make my cheeky reply be right

CSU... got to be the rammies! We got to get that damn, snake bit, ram monkey. off our backs... been too long!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

CSU... got to be the rammies! We got to get that damn, snake bit, ram monkey. off our backs... been too long!

Yeah, that one scares me.  That streak will end at some point.  Ya'll are definitely due.