Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

8 positive tests suspend Boise st football

10 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

I hope so for your sake.  Two of your p6 wannabe friends have already cut sports.  If there is a shortened season, or no season at all, Central Florida will take a hit as well.

Unlike us, who aren't dependent on a season.  Won't impact us if football is played or not.  :coffeecomputer:

Who else other than Cincy cut sports? Hadn’t heard.  UConn doesn’t count any more, barely did before.  

Not sure what you’re getting at in second paragraph.  You’re on a football forum, what do you mean you won’t be impacted by no football? 

10 hours ago, RogueStout said:

What does this even mean? 

Football ( and other sports) vs no football; it reads plainly.  To spell things out it was inferring that unlike halfmanbronco, who gets his exercise through typing out insults and projecting his own health problems on a keyboard to people he doesn’t know you can actually exercise through ongoing sports here-you know, like football.  I know I’m not dealing with academics here but the message seemed pretty clear.  Don’t let your inward bias cloud your judgement too much.  You’re one of the less bad ones here in this thread. Keep your head above the water.

15 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Who else other than Cincy cut sports? Hadn’t heard.  UConn doesn’t count any more, barely did before.  

Not sure what you’re getting at in second paragraph.  You’re on a football forum, what do you mean you won’t be impacted by no football? 

ECU cut men's and women's swimming and diving, and men's and women's tennis.  Granted, those are considered minor sports.  The 68 athletes and nine coaches who lost those sports might feel differently.

https://news.ecu.edu/2020/05/21/ecu-athletics-announces-program-changes/

And what I mean is that my school - along with Wichita State, VCU and others - won't be impacted if there is no football as none of us sponsor it.  

3 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

ECU cut men's and women's swimming and diving, and men's and women's tennis.  Granted, those are considered minor sports.  The 68 athletes and nine coaches who lost those sports might feel differently.

https://news.ecu.edu/2020/05/21/ecu-athletics-announces-program-changes/

That sucks, didn’t hear about them.  That’s a shame.

I relate, I’m a huge supporter of women’s sports of all kinds.  I hope it doesn’t have a downstream effect on youth sports.

13 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

That sucks, didn’t hear about them.  That’s a shame.

I relate, I’m a huge supporter of women’s sports of all kinds.  I hope it doesn’t have a downstream effect on youth sports.

Tennis has been impacted the most.  

Getting back on track, while Boise's players testing positive isn't good, at least they can be treated right away.  Where things become dicey, is if 8 positive tests now blow up to say, 25 at the end of July.

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You have 0 credibility on this topic at this point, though and have been insanely wrong every time you talk about it.  That is a horrific idea.  

Why?  Cases does not equal death or hospitalizations.  In fact I have had a few friends that got it.  They stayed home and a week later they were back to work.   Such is the case with 99% who get it.

Getting it over with quickly is better than dragging it over a long period of time and keeping everyone panicked about it.

Yeah, our case increase in Texas was expected with ending the lockdown but the hospitals are not being overwhelmed.  

It’s something we have to live with and go about our lives.  Which we Texans have decided to do. Just as people who get the flu even when vaccinated have to be hospitalized and even die. 

29 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Tennis has been impacted the most.  

Getting back on track, while Boise's players testing positive isn't good, at least they can be treated right away.  Where things become dicey, is if 8 positive tests now blow up to say, 25 at the end of July.

It depends; did the tests come up in the middle of workouts? UCF had six positive, but they tested everyone right when they stepped back on campus and immediately isolated those.  If it’s a front end positive then I think the threat is over for Boise,  if it was in the middle of workouts/camp then shame on them for being shortsighted and there’ll probably be more cases ultimately.  I honestly don’t think the current cases will have any long term impact.  

I think tennis was having a problem even before all this.  I briefly looked into adding Indoor tennis capabilities to the gym design I’m working on and my research associate said that aside from the added expense that there isn’t enough year round interest to justify it.  Just stick with basketball/volleyball.  I really thought it was a niche but apparently not.  Maybe it’s bigger out your way. 

On 6/24/2020 at 9:57 AM, RogueStout said:

What does this even mean? 

Doesn't even know about bike paths smdh

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

20 more positives for Boise St. and not all the test results are not in. I’ll see if I can find a link.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

nm

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

If teams were smart they'd have COVID parties and get everyone infected at once and get it over with.

I kinda agree with this.

On 6/24/2020 at 5:34 PM, MWC Tex said:

Why?  Cases does not equal death or hospitalizations.  In fact I have had a few friends that got it.  They stayed home and a week later they were back to work.   Such is the case with 99% who get it.

Getting it over with quickly is better than dragging it over a long period of time and keeping everyone panicked about it.

Yeah, our case increase in Texas was expected with ending the lockdown but the hospitals are not being overwhelmed.  

It’s something we have to live with and go about our lives.  Which we Texans have decided to do. Just as people who get the flu even when vaccinated have to be hospitalized and even die. 

must be why Houston hospitals called a code red today and ICU beds are full and they are considering field hospitals.  Texas locks down alll bars and restrict gatherings again.  I guess they have not decided to just go on with life. 

Arizona is one 90% full and filling

2 hours ago, badfish said:

Feeling less and less confident about sports in the fall at this point.

Agreed. Mass gatherings including team practices are resulting in Cvirus spikes. We either need to develop herd immunity or a vaccine before sports can return to normal. I’m resigned to no football or basketball this fall. 

23 hours ago, Bob said:

If teams were smart they'd have COVID parties and get everyone infected at once and get it over with.

Great strategy except it ignores the fact people have caught it multiple times.  With your strategy the whole team might be out.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:38 PM, Bob said:

And if a couple kids need lung replacements then our tax dollars pay for it and the deserved recruiting crush right?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.