Jump to content
soupslam1

Cali Bans Sports Teams From Traveling to Idaho

Recommended Posts

+++++ California. Piss on that entire +++++ing shithole. 

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least Boise isn't on the schedule. :coffeecomputer:

 

Quote

Becerra cited two new Idaho laws that he said allow discrimination against transgender people. One repeals protections enabling transgender students to compete on athletic teams consistent with their gender identity; the second bars amending birth certificates so they are consistent with the person’s gender identity.

I don't know why people care about people changing their gender on a birth certificate, but I would have a problem if man-to-woman transgenders began to compete in woman sports with that physiological advantage.  I get that it might make me look like a bigot, but I have to draw my line at physical competition, primarily in women's athletics.  It would be nearly always a physical advantage against women.  I am sure there a few complex cases, so I will caveat that.

  • Like 6
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RSF said:

Conference pays for travel, then deducts it from the revenue distribution.

 

 

Problem solved.

Not bad.  Or, CA schools prove they are using non-state funds for travel to those states.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Hey Boise State, since we're the only California school you're playing this year how about you make our meeting a home game! That way you would have 6 games on the road and 6 at home! Balance! I'm sure y'all wouldn't have too much of an issue on that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

They still waving that confederate flag up there in Idaho?  Because, you know, heritage and stuff....

Yeah, we’re all bigots here. We don’t want our girls having to play trans guys to girls. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

They still waving that confederate flag up there in Idaho?  Because, you know, heritage and stuff....

There is nothing wrong with saying people born male should not compete in athletics with people born women.  Not sure how that makes us racist.

 

  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There is nothing wrong with saying people born male should not compete in athletics with people born women.  Not sure how that makes us racist.

 

Think you are trying to make this about something it's not.  
 

 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, we’re all bigots here. We don’t want our girls having to play trans guys to girls. 

Does this directly affect someone in your family or that is close to you?

  • Idiot 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Think you are trying to make this about something it's not.  
 

 

Does this directly affect someone in your family or that is close to you?

My daughter played several high school sports. I wouldn’t want her to have to compete against transformed males. It’s a significant unfair advantage. There are a lot of parents and kids here that feel the same way, thus the law in Idaho.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soupslam1 said:

My daughter played several high school sports. I wouldn’t want her to have to compete against transformed males. It’s an unfair advantage. There are a lot of parents and kids here that feel the same way, thus the law in Idaho.  

I just haven't seen evidence where there is some nefarious reason that trans-women/girls compete in sports to have some unfair advantage.  Regardless, aren't you just projecting that girls can't compete because they are girls?  

  • Idiot 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PokeTransplant said:

I just haven't seen evidence where there is some nefarious reason that trans-women/girls compete in sports to have some unfair advantage.  Regardless, aren't you just projecting that girls can't compete because they are girls?  

At younger ages girls up to about thirteen can equally compete against males. By the time they reach high school guys have a significant physical advantage. Are you aware a U-16 boys club soccer team beat the US national women’s team in a scrimmage. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...