Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Cali Bans Sports Teams From Traveling to Idaho

5 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Very tricky and I don't know what the correct answer is either.

I don't know either. Maybe coed varsity sports where feasible instead of single gender?

Where would that be feasible though?  What sport?  Seems like that would be even more damaging IMHO.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Where would that be feasible though?  What sport?  Seems like that would be even more damaging IMHO.

I don't know just throwing out thoughts. For example maybe volleyball or soccer or baseball/softball coed teams requiring certain ratios of birth gender on the court/field at one time.

Just now, FresnoFacts said:

I don't know just throwing out thoughts. For example maybe volleyball or soccer or baseball/softball coed teams requiring certain ratios of birth gender on the court/field at one time.

Tough to come up with the ideal solution. In any case, I appreciate your willingness to talk it through. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Just would not work.  My cousin played Volleyball at UTEP, was a star recruit and lead the team in several categories.  Her brother, could not get a Volleyball scholarship anywhere and walked on at a small school.  He could jump far higher, hit far harder and close distance far faster.  Superior by leaps and bounds.  All you would be doing is depriving women of the chance to stand out.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just would not work.  My cousin played Volleyball at UTEP, was a start recruit and lead the team in several categories.  Her brother, could not get a Volleyball scholarship anywhere and walked on at a small school.  He could jump far higher, hit far harder and close distance far faster.  Superior by leaps and bounds.  All you would be doing is depriving women of the chance to stand out.

I'm not saying replacing a woman's or a man's team but rather adding an additional coed team, particularly in the high schools. It would not be feasible for many schools but at larger high schools might be an alternative.

1 minute ago, FresnoFacts said:

I'm not saying replacing a woman's or a man's team but rather adding an additional coed team, particularly in the high schools. It would not be feasible for many schools but at larger high schools might be an alternative.

That actually sounds fun.  Good thought.

I don’t see how a policy can be written that mandates people compete a the gender they were born as that doesn’t sound discriminatory. But at the same time, having trans women compete with non-trans women is just flat out not fair to the non-trans women as the trans women have a clear cut advantage. Because when you look at the nonexistent number of trans men that are competitive in men’s sports, I do not see how anybody can make the argument that just making sure every competitor has similar testosterone levels creates an even playing field. 

When I went to football camp in the 80s they brought in a doctor to talk about the dangers of steroid use.  He claimed there was no evidence it helped athletic performance in males in athletics.  In retrospect it was preposterous.  

Reminds me of that when I hear people claim that there is no evidence transsexuals have an advantage competing against women and girls.

This whole transgender thing being so high on the 'important' list is just hilarious. Like 0.0042% are legit TG folks that have had some sort of issue with their insurance. Most of the TG people are mentally ill freak shows and that is just reality. I feel really bad for the legit TG people/cases that have to be lumped in with them. I'm much more concerned about kids with cancer that insurance companies are messing with. That's important. 

kat.jpg

There are just some biological truths about sex that doesn't care what gender people identify with.  If you have Y chromosomes, then your body is biologically male, regardless of your psychological state.  Idaho has it right on both counts with birth certificate and athletic competition.  Shocking that liberal California decided to be a bully again.

I wonder how far this will go? Will the US Supreme Court override Idahos’s law? Will Idaho cave in? Will Boise State leave the MWC. That would be ironic given they threatened to leave the MWC over money and would now be essentially forced out over M/F transgenders competing with girls. 

I can easily see the NCAA siding with Cali on this one. They let the P5 schools cheat at will, but G5’s get nailed as recently happened to the UI basketball program. Their team has sucked for years and the NCAA put them on probation for two years over illegal practices. 

13 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

If there is evidence out there where trans-women/girls are dominating sports, I would like to see it.

https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-cross-country/roster/jonathan-eastwood/4479  became June Eastwood and beat Idaho collegiate athletes.  Their 800m time as a man (1:54:09) was faster than the American record for a female (1:55:61).

Lindsay Hecox (formerly Bryce) was going to try to walkon at Boise State for cross country.  She competed as a male in HS and ran a 16 minute 3-mile before transitioning (and undergoing the NCAA required year of hormone therapy).  Her lawsuit is the one that will determine if this law sticks. (Hecox vs. Little). Her pace in high school would have been top 10 in the MW as a female in the cross country championships, and faster than any Wyoming Women's XC athletes in the 6k event.

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There is nothing wrong with saying people born male should not compete in athletics with people born women.  Not sure how that makes us racist.

It's not racist, but you clearly have some sort of phobia that I don't know the name of.  You need to get woke. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

14 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

Still doesn't support your argument where the perception is trans-women/girls have taken over women's sports on a local, much less global level.  If there is evidence out there where trans-women/girls are dominating sports, I would like to see it.

They don't have to dominate anything.  They just have to beat out a natural born girl to get a spot on a team. 

Is switching from a boy to a girl, any less of an unfair advantage than a boy using PED's to gain an advantage over other boys? 

Barack Obama

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They don't have to dominate anything.  They just have to beat out a natural born girl to get a spot on a team. 

Is switching from a boy to a girl, any less of an unfair advantage than a boy using PED's to gain an advantage over other boys? 

Are PED’s legal for men?  No they are not so this argument is mute

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, we’re all bigots here. We don’t want our girls having to play trans guys to girls. 

that lake up there IS the HQ of the Aryan nation?  correct?  neo Nazi white terrorist ortgainsation?  north idahole

On 6/23/2020 at 10:37 AM, Wyoguns said:

Are PED’s legal for men?  No they are not so this argument is mute

The legalities aren't what we're talking about.  And I was asking a question, not making an argument.

It is apparently not legal in Idaho for a medically created girl to compete with girls who were born girls.  Cali has a problem with that.    

Barack Obama