Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Cali Bans Sports Teams From Traveling to Idaho

Well, at least Boise isn't on the schedule. :coffeecomputer:

Becerra cited two new Idaho laws that he said allow discrimination against transgender people. One repeals protections enabling transgender students to compete on athletic teams consistent with their gender identity; the second bars amending birth certificates so they are consistent with the person’s gender identity.

I don't know why people care about people changing their gender on a birth certificate, but I would have a problem if man-to-woman transgenders began to compete in woman sports with that physiological advantage.  I get that it might make me look like a bigot, but I have to draw my line at physical competition, primarily in women's athletics.  It would be nearly always a physical advantage against women.  I am sure there a few complex cases, so I will caveat that.

Conference pays for travel, then deducts it from the revenue distribution.

Problem solved.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

21 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Hey Boise State, since we're the only California school you're playing this year how about you make our meeting a home game! That way you would have 6 games on the road and 6 at home! Balance! I'm sure y'all wouldn't have too much of an issue on that!

7 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

They still waving that confederate flag up there in Idaho?  Because, you know, heritage and stuff....

Yeah, we’re all bigots here. We don’t want our girls having to play trans guys to girls. 

8 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

They still waving that confederate flag up there in Idaho?  Because, you know, heritage and stuff....

There is nothing wrong with saying people born male should not compete in athletics with people born women.  Not sure how that makes us racist.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There is nothing wrong with saying people born male should not compete in athletics with people born women.  Not sure how that makes us racist.

Think you are trying to make this about something it's not.  

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, we’re all bigots here. We don’t want our girls having to play trans guys to girls. 

Does this directly affect someone in your family or that is close to you?

5 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Think you are trying to make this about something it's not.  

Does this directly affect someone in your family or that is close to you?

My daughter played several high school sports. I wouldn’t want her to have to compete against transformed males. It’s a significant unfair advantage. There are a lot of parents and kids here that feel the same way, thus the law in Idaho.  

Just now, soupslam1 said:

My daughter played several high school sports. I wouldn’t want her to have to compete against transformed males. It’s an unfair advantage. There are a lot of parents and kids here that feel the same way, thus the law in Idaho.  

I just haven't seen evidence where there is some nefarious reason that trans-women/girls compete in sports to have some unfair advantage.  Regardless, aren't you just projecting that girls can't compete because they are girls?  

1 minute ago, PokeTransplant said:

I just haven't seen evidence where there is some nefarious reason that trans-women/girls compete in sports to have some unfair advantage.  Regardless, aren't you just projecting that girls can't compete because they are girls?  

At younger ages girls up to about thirteen can equally compete against males. By the time they reach high school guys have a significant physical advantage. Are you aware a U-16 boys club soccer team beat the US national women’s team in a scrimmage.