Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

CFB players test positive...

11 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I am confused as to why you are using a 5 day lag in getting test results through mid April as proof that the numbers are “cooked” now, over two months later. 

Those were two separate points.  I didn’t explain myself clearly, the impact here has been with noticeably fewer pna/flu patients that were otherwise treated as covid even though they would’ve fallen under other categories with their symptoms previously.  The significance isn’t in making the static covid number higher necessarily (although invariably it did), it makes the proportion higher based on decreasing the prevalence of the other respiratory illnesses.  We had almost twice the pna patients in May compared to April for example.  June is up as well.  That is an atypical course as you’re aware I’m sure.  The point was that through increased testing there were a lot of positives that probably were just pna patients, and flu to a lesser extent that happened to be covid +.  The actual covid patients we’ve had haven’t been very ill thankfully but covid got credit for normally existing acute illnesses.  There was a monetary factor involved, no doubt.  But there was also legitimacy as when it takes nearly a week to get results you have to test everyone and assume the worst otherwise it could have gotten out of control in the beginning before we knew what we were dealing with.

Let’s be clear, when I say there was a monetary aspect, I don’t mean we were profiting off covid-like some may be saying, we were merely making up for just some of the lost revenue from normal services lost, like ortho cases, etc.  We definitely lost money, and a lot of it.

5 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Those were two separate points.  I didn’t explain myself clearly, the impact here has been with noticeably fewer pna/flu patients that were otherwise treated as covid even though they would’ve fallen under other categories with their symptoms previously.  The significance isn’t in making the static covid number higher necessarily (although invariably it did), it makes the proportion higher based on decreasing the prevalence of the other respiratory illnesses.  We had almost twice the pna patients in May compared to April for example.  June is up as well.  That is an atypical course as you’re aware I’m sure.  The point was that through increased testing there were a lot of positives that probably were just pna patients, and flu to a lesser extent that happened to be covid +.  The actual covid patients we’ve had haven’t been very ill thankfully but covid got credit for normally existing acute illnesses.  There was a monetary factor involved, no doubt.  But there was also legitimacy as when it takes nearly a week to get results you have to test everyone and assume the worst otherwise it could have gotten out of control in the beginning before we knew what we were dealing with.

Let’s be clear, when I say there was a monetary aspect, I don’t mean we were profiting off covid-like some may be saying, we were merely making up for just some of the lost revenue from normal services lost, like ortho cases, etc.  We definitely lost money, and a lot of it.

You can throw out all the personal anecdotes you want, but it doesn’t really support your argument that the numbers are “cooked”; meaning that the number of COVID cases reported are higher then actual COVID cases. 

24 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

You can throw out all the personal anecdotes you want, but it doesn’t really support your argument that the numbers are “cooked”; meaning that the number of COVID cases reported are higher then actual COVID cases. 

If you stick to your own context sure, I’m not here to tell you how to think, even though I admittedly said I didn’t explain my statement clearly and tried to clarify.  Yes, my evidence is anecdotal but it represents the largest system in our area so it’s not invalid.  If by cooked you mean there were positive covid cases that were actually pna then yes they were cooked.  

The number of cases weren’t cooked, the significance of the cases that happened were-bringing it down to juco level.

The statistics from death certificates collected by the CDC are very clear.  Covid-19 is massively under-reported.  Pneumonia deaths in April and May jumped by 650%.  That is statistically impossible, especially when flu season is over and pneumonia deaths always go down.  This was a result of people dying of pneumonia like symptoms but they were never tested for Covid-19.  As such the cause of death was written on their death certificate was Pneumonia.  They did not go back and test dead patients (especially in areas like New York) where the bodies were piling up fast.  If you look at the data there are over 25,000 extra cases of pneumonia deaths over the average.  That is clearly 25,000 Covid-19 related deaths that were undercounted.

13 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

If you stick to your own context sure, I’m not here to tell you how to think, even though I admittedly said I didn’t explain my statement clearly and tried to clarify.  Yes, my evidence is anecdotal but it represents the largest system in our area so it’s not invalid.  If by cooked you mean there were positive covid cases that were actually pna then yes they were cooked.  

The number of cases weren’t cooked, the significance of the cases that happened were-bringing it down to juco level.

Damn, you are more passive aggressive then my teenage nieces.