Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

CFB players test positive...

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Huge step back for the season IMO. 

actually it is good. The more players that get it in the offseason = a greater chance we actually have a season. I mean if 25 came up positive the week before a huge ACC game that would be a much bigger deal.

This is how things are going to be until there's a vaccine or herd immunity to slow the spread.  Sometimes it will be a few players here and there and sometimes it'll be a whole bunch on one team.  Social distancing and masks are all there is to fight this virus.  Coming together to practice and play football doesn't allow for either of these measures.  Just wait until all the trainers, coaches and ref's get involved.  This is just how things are going to be.  We'll be lucky to have a season.  Fingers crossed.

Good news.   This is how we get to herd immunity faster than anyone imagined....asymptomatic transmissions. Protect nursing homes, sick and aged.  Promote transmission in the young and healthy. 

2 minutes ago, afafan said:

Good news.   This is how we get to herd immunity faster than anyone imagined...asymptomatic transmissions. Protect nursing homes, sick and aged. Promote transmission in young and healthy.  

Says Sweden.  Oops didn't work

When it comes to football I say we just treat it like the flu. If you feel healthy enough to play, you play. If you don’t, don’t play. These kids are young and in great shape, it’s the coaches they need to worry about

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

16 hours ago, brillio said:

Now’s the time for everyone to get it.  They should infect the whole team and then we’ll be ready to go in August. 

Yeah... and would be a good way to find out which players have unknown pre-existing conditions, that would have caused them to drop dead during practice or a football game! Free's up scholarships too!... NOT!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

20 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Yeah... and would be a good way to find out which players have unknown pre-existing conditions, that would have caused them to drop dead during practice or a football game! Free's up scholarships too!... NOT!

The county I live in has 2million people....152 covid deaths....0 (ZERO) below 30 years old. 7 deaths below 50.    90% have comorbities and 45% of all deaths have occurred at skilled nursing facilities. Those percents tracked pretty close to global stats last I checked. 

Every year in August there are a couple of kids who die in practice.   Heat Stoke. Wicked Hit. Pre existing conditions.  Covid19 is no more threat to a young players life than any of these.   

13 hours ago, Billings said:

Actually, it did.  Or at least you can't say that it failed.  Yes Sweden has more deaths than nearby Finland and Norway.  Sweden had 1765 deaths  as of last month (which isn't a huge number really) but the real evidence won't be known till later this year.  We don't know how much herd immunity has been built up for Sweden by doing  this, but I'll venture it just might pay off for them down the road.

Here’s hoping that admin and staff listen to epidemiologists, virologists, and medical professionals rather than FOX/OAN armchair enthusiasts who clearly understand the situation better...

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

14 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Here’s hoping that admin and staff listen to epidemiologists, virologists, and medical professionals rather than FOX/OAN armchair enthusiasts who clearly understand the situation better...

Professionals like Fauci who’s been wrong more than he’s been right?
I don’t think we can say either side has been close to correct on this. 

26 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Actually, it did.  Or at least you can't say that it failed.  Yes Sweden has more deaths than nearby Finland and Norway.  Sweden had 1765 deaths  as of last month (which isn't a huge number really) but the real evidence won't be known till later this year.  We don't know how much herd immunity has been built up for Sweden by doing  this, but I'll venture it just might pay off for them down the road.

maybe but doubtful.  by the time they even get anywhere close to herd immunity ( a muti year process) a vaccine will be out and everyone else will be there with far fewer deaths.  even the swedish health officials are questioning their strategy and saying too many died per capita compared to their neighbors.

17 minutes ago, Billings said:

maybe but doubtful.  by the time they even get anywhere close to herd immunity ( a muti year process) a vaccine will be out and everyone else will be there with far fewer deaths.  even the swedish health officials are questioning their strategy and saying too many died per capita compared to their neighbors.

We’ll see. Plus compare the damage to the economy and loss of jobs and depression deaths etc. that we have suffered compared to Sweden. 

14 hours ago, Billings said:

I recall a fatalistic post on this board (wish I remember from who, not me) that predicted that once we finished locking down we'd be transitioning to the "Swedish model". except that we'd have suffered a huge economic disaster in getting there.

Well, whoever that was looks pretty smart right now.

1 hour ago, afafan said:

The county I live in has 2million people....152 covid deaths....0 (ZERO) below 30 years old. 7 deaths below 50.    90% have comorbities and 45% of all deaths have occurred at skilled nursing facilities. Those percents tracked pretty close to global stats last I checked. 

Every year in August there are a couple of kids who die in practice.   Heat Stoke. Wicked Hit. Pre existing conditions.  Covid19 is no more threat to a young players life than any of these.   

So you endorse brillio's statement of deliberately exposing all players to covid now then? And while I agree that athlete's die just about every year from some of the situations you described, Why would you want to deliberately expose them to something that could potentially kill the; for your entertainment? And wouldn't the same be true then, of fans that want to see games being played this fall? Expose them to covid now too, so they can be in the stands later to cheer? And... If you fall into the category of young people that you mentioned, would you do it?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."