Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

Poll on Virus impact and a forfeit

How many games will be lost due to Covid !9 in MWC  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Make a prediction on the impact in the MWC.

• Won't happen no forfeits. Minor problems
    • Teams will play short handed but no forfeits
    • 1-2 games will be lost
    • 3-4 games will be lost
    • 5-6 games will be lost

So I think is likely we will see covid outbreaks on teams during the season.  Odds are that many players will be isolated if not whole teams. Make a prediction on the impact in the MWC.

35 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Football will happen.  I would vote for option one but I do not like the qualifier.  The virus is NOT fake. It's for realsies but we will get this done.  One way or another. 

I can change the first qualifier.  good point

1 hour ago, CV147 said:

California teams will have a tougher time in the MWC than others due to draconian control measures. I think several games for them will be cancelled. I voted for 5-6.

All businesses are open in California. 

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

All businesses are open in California. 

Yes, but not quite back to normal operations pre-covid 19.  

When the first polls came out here, I said football will be played but not the full schedule.  I voted for 1-2 games to be cancelled.  

14 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I don’t think anywhere is back to normal though.

It isn't.  

When it comes to football I say we just treat it like the flu. If you feel healthy enough to play, you play. If you don’t, don’t play. These kids are young and in great shape, it’s the coaches they need to worry about

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

One thing's for damn sure: BSU won't be missing any games, as properly, we actually take FB seriously.....

9415687.gif

Can't wait to be spanking some BYU, Florida State, and SUDS' asses....

We're talking about mud holes in asses, people...

New-Signature.jpg

On 6/19/2020 at 5:29 PM, Billings said:

So I think is likely we will see covid outbreaks on teams during the season.  Odds are that many players will be isolated if not whole teams. Make a prediction on the impact in the MWC.

Almost all of the guys that get it will get through it easily. Young, lower body fat, and good lungs means little impact. There are, however, the rare cases that can be deadly serious for this group, but the odds are extremely low. 

kat.jpg

48 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Almost all of the guys that get it will get through it easily. Young, lower body fat, and good lungs means little impact. There are, however, the rare cases that can be deadly serious for this group, but the odds are extremely low. 

But what about the coaches, referees, and training staff who the majority are 50 and older?  Those are the people who could die from it.  Nick Saban, Rocky Long, ect. would not be immune to this.

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Irrelevant to the question.

No university will let players practice or play having tested positive for COVID-19 regardless of the level of risk of developing complications.  Unless college football teams live, eat, study, practice and play in a bubble outbreaks will happen therefore rosters will be affected.  Asymptomatic and very mild cases of COVID-19 take approximately 2-weeks to clear the body.  So we can expect anyone testing positive to miss at least 2-weeks of play at a minimum whether they become ill or not.

So your team is really healthy and does not lose any players in summer,  Then in your 3rd game you get 20 positives.  I don’t think I would want to play a team that had positives during game week.  Is your Admin going to risk these kids?  Young and healthy or not this virus can have crappy side effects.

28 minutes ago, Billings said:

College football season is hanging by a thread

I was pretty confident that college football would happen a month ago, but now I’m not so sure. I mean we are four months in and we haven’t gotten through the first wave; we are running out of time to get past this in time to squeeze in a football before a potential second wave comes with flu season. 

College football isn’t happening this year. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater