Jump to content
TheTedfordTrain

I’m Glad Fresno State is in the MWC

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheDogSnake said:

Just a shout and and thanks to TheTedfordTrain for starting yet another bash Fresno thread!  You sir are a +++++ing idiot!  Stop giving all these posters something to jump on for crying out loud!   I've lived here for over 50 yrs, sure it has its bad areas(what city doesn't?) and it has its very nice areas.  Its a great area to raise a family(especially Clovis) and housing is cheaper than any other metro area in the state.  If you love where you live and are proud of it, great!  But quit bashing eveyone else because it just makes you look petty and insecure.  I've been to EVERY MWC city and enjoyed all of them(some more than others). Done ranting and hope all you dads out there have a great Fathers Day!

TTT is a good dude.  He has an open invitation to come fly fish Idaho with me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Lol. Seriously though I don’t get why Fresno fans just don’t own the fact that Fresno is a shithole. 

Don't forget fresno has mountains with snow to.

fresnoskyline.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love everyone who responded to this thread. You guys make this board fun. Even the Hoser Fans. 
 

BTW, I recently found out I’m going to be a dad. Happy Father’s Day everyone! 

44675449-CA8F-4851-9E75-207CDE1B2651.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I love everyone who responded to this thread. You guys make this board fun. Even the Hoser Fans. 
 

BTW, I recently found out I’m going to be a dad. Happy Father’s Day everyone! 

44675449-CA8F-4851-9E75-207CDE1B2651.jpeg

Holy shit.  Congrats!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I love everyone who responded to this thread. You guys make this board fun. Even the Hoser Fans. 
 

BTW, I recently found out I’m going to be a dad. Happy Father’s Day everyone! 

44675449-CA8F-4851-9E75-207CDE1B2651.jpeg

Congratulations and welcome to the club! It’s one of life’s greatest gifts!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Holy shit.  Congrats!

 

8 minutes ago, 1IvyDog said:

Congratulations and welcome to the club! It’s one of life’s greatest gifts!!!

Thanks. Definitely looking forward to it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDogSnake said:

Just a shout and and thanks to TheTedfordTrain for starting yet another bash Fresno thread!  You sir are a +++++ing idiot!  Stop giving all these posters something to jump on for crying out loud!   I've lived here for over 50 yrs, sure it has its bad areas(what city doesn't?) and it has its very nice areas.  Its a great area to raise a family(especially Clovis) and housing is cheaper than any other metro area in the state.  If you love where you live and are proud of it, great!  But quit bashing eveyone else because it just makes you look petty and insecure.  I've been to EVERY MWC city and enjoyed all of them(some more than others). Done ranting and hope all you dads out there have a great Fathers Day!

Dude if what people say on this board bothers you that much, you should take a step back. 

BestDampGalapagostortoise-small.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super six said:

Don't forget fresno has mountains with snow to.

fresnoskyline.jpg

too

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I love everyone who responded to this thread. You guys make this board fun. Even the Hoser Fans. 
 

BTW, I recently found out I’m going to be a dad. Happy Father’s Day everyone! 

44675449-CA8F-4851-9E75-207CDE1B2651.jpeg

Two racks and a 5 lb brisket for me!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I love everyone who responded to this thread. You guys make this board fun. Even the Hoser Fans. 
 

BTW, I recently found out I’m going to be a dad. Happy Father’s Day everyone! 

44675449-CA8F-4851-9E75-207CDE1B2651.jpeg

Congrats hombre! That’s awesome news.

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 11:11 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Seriously. Fresno has it's downfalls as a city, but at least everyone else in this conference lives in a Shit hole too. 
 

Albuquerque- Well, your best reputation is a TV show about manufacturing Meth in the Desert  

Boise- It’s Idaho....enough said  

San Jose- A bland, suburban, and crappy Bay Area city. It’s even skyrocketing in crime after being named safe a long time ago. I mean, who TF says “Let’s visit San Jose!” Boring AF 

Fort Collins- the best thing about Ft. Collins is its proximity to Boulder

Vegas- Cool place to get obliterated and destroy some city property... but, live there? Hell no. Most of us have more respect for ourselves. 
 

Reno- Everything i said about Vegas, but not nearly as cool 

San Diego- a border city that tries so hard to be like LA that it’s pathetic. Also, the worst pro city in the country. How do you lose almost every team? And the ones you have kept, have been some of the worst franchises ever. 
 

Laramie- easily the worst city in this conference. Literally, tumble weeds. 
 

Logan- from the shots of their student body at the Spectrum, the most exciting thing about Logan is Friday night game of Magic and Saturday night World of Warcraft 


I appreciate you guys. I can’t imagine having to compare ourselves to places like Seattle or Los Angeles.   

 

Nice try- calling other cities in the conference shitholes does not make Fresno any better-  it does just the opposite. In fact I  believe most cities in this conference make Fresno look bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I love everyone who responded to this thread. You guys make this board fun. Even the Hoser Fans. 
 

BTW, I recently found out I’m going to be a dad. Happy Father’s Day everyone! 

44675449-CA8F-4851-9E75-207CDE1B2651.jpeg

Don’t sign anything...

 

 

 

 

Congrats!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m Glad Fresno State is in the MWC

Is that because no other conference would take Fresno State? Or is it because your tender self has been hurt by all the negative (but accurate) comments which posters have made about the midden that Fresno is. Every city in the MWC is superior to Fresno except possibly Laramie and Boise. Even Boise is somewhat better than Fresno. Where do you actually live? Bakersfield?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1066 said:

I’m Glad Fresno State is in the MWC

Is that because no other conference would take Fresno State? Or is it because your tender self has been hurt by all the negative (but accurate) comments which posters have made about the midden that Fresno is. Every city in the MWC is superior to Fresno except possibly Laramie and Boise. Even Boise is somewhat better than Fresno. Where do you actually live? Bakersfield?

While Fresno isn't for everyone and obviously isn't the best city, there are many positives. It's a very community based and small town feel even for a city of 500k. Great place to raise a family with Clovis unified being one of the best school districts in the state. You can see the ocean and snow all in one day. We grow over 400 different types of crops and have the best and most fresh produce vs. anywhere in the world. But I think what makes Fresno and Central California special is the people. Very down to earth blue collar people that work their asses off.

Oh, and we have the #1 tailgating scene in the Mountain West. No question about it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fresno's a horrendous place to drive through, let alone live. Other than dogsnake, a lot of dim individuals living in the valley and visiting this board. The wonder twins, lil train and Cincy, pretend the board doesn't affect them, yet we just witnessed a Houdini act from this thread's author.
 

That all said, Spartan nation enjoys the dogs presence in this conference also. Our annual win against these one time rivals is always enjoyable, even if we have to do it in that leaky, cracking, smelly stadium located in lil Liberia. 

  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1066 said:

I’m Glad Fresno State is in the MWC

Is that because no other conference would take Fresno State? Or is it because your tender self has been hurt by all the negative (but accurate) comments which posters have made about the midden that Fresno is. Every city in the MWC is superior to Fresno except possibly Laramie and Boise. Even Boise is somewhat better than Fresno. Where do you actually live? Bakersfield?

Lol, Boise is considered one of the best cities in the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 5:20 PM, SDDean said:

In fact I  believe most cities in this conference make Fresno look bad. 

Heck, most of the cities in Somalia make Fresno look bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 11:05 AM, Super six said:

Don't forget fresno has mountains with snow to.

fresnoskyline.jpg

Actually I would put the western slope of the Sierra’s against any of the other ranges pictured before.   The John Muir trail is a classic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 9:48 AM, creeper86 said:

Fresno's a horrendous place to drive through, let alone live. Other than dogsnake, a lot of dim individuals living in the valley and visiting this board. The wonder twins, lil train and Cincy, pretend the board doesn't affect them, yet we just witnessed a Houdini act from this thread's author.
 

That all said, Spartan nation enjoys the dogs presence in this conference also. Our annual win against these one time rivals is always enjoyable, even if we have to do it in that leaky, cracking, smelly stadium located in lil Liberia. 

Lots of those Dim individuals are growing the food you eat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...