Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

I’m Glad Fresno State is in the MWC

8 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Orlando is 100 miles from the beach

San Jose is 30 miles from the beach

Hawaii - enough said

San Diego - enough said

Fresno is 100 miles from the beach (i guess we can call Fresno a beach city just like Orlando)

No it’s not, Florida isn’t even 100 miles wide in a lot of places.  You’re crazy. Siesta key is 100 miles from Orlando, and that’s in a completely different part of the peninsula.  You’re way off base.  

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No it’s not, Florida isn’t even 100 miles wide in a lot of places.  You’re crazy. Siesta key is 100 miles from Orlando, and that’s in a completely different part of the peninsula.  You’re way off base.  

sure...if you consider driving from one side of Key West to the other 'crossing Florida'.  Marco Island is 105 miles from Miami. 

siesta key is 139 miles from Orlando.

Speaking of being way off base.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I've driven from Orlando East to Jupiter Florida, Cocoa Beach. Its 100 miles and that's without stopping for a bucket of chicken and a box of doughnuts. 

I googled it for you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+far+is+orlando+from+the+beach&oq=h&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j69i57j0j46j0l2.3083j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It's been my experience traveling around the US that there's usually one area in a city that defines it.  Nice cities have more than one area.   Great cities have many.

They all have one thing in common in that the rest is nothing more than more of the same. Same stores. Same fast food. Same apartments,  Same cars. Same industrial areas. Same radio stations

Housing tends to vary significantly.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

NM

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

9 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I've driven from Orlando East to Jupiter Florida, Cocoa Beach. Its 100 miles and that's without stopping for a bucket of chicken and a box of doughnuts. 

I googled it for you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+far+is+orlando+from+the+beach&oq=h&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j69i57j0j46j0l2.3083j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Did you even read what you linked? It said that it’s 90 miles to the gulf coast-across the state.  You literally just made my point.  Depending which side of the campus and whether you take back roads or toll roads it’s about 35 miles to cocoa from campus.  If traffic/storms are bad it can take an hour.  Jupiter is a long way away, that is incredibly random and has no bearing.

10 hours ago, RSF said:

sure...if you consider driving from one side of Key West to the other 'crossing Florida'.  Marco Island is 105 miles from Miami. 

siesta key is 139 miles from Orlando.

Speaking of being way off base.

The point is that the beach isn’t 100 miles away like the guy said, since in the majority of the state you can cross coast to coast in that distance.  Siesta key is completely random and really far away in Florida terms, it’s not important whether it’s 95 or 135 miles from any given point, what matters is that it’s really far away on an opposite coast and it’s still within the range he mentioned.  I don’t understand why you are taking such a silly position.  It’s unintelligible. You should be better than that.

Did you even read what you linked? It said that it’s 90 miles to the gulf coast-across the state.  You literally just made my point.  Depending which side of the campus and whether you take back roads or toll roads it’s about 35 miles to cocoa from campus.  If traffic/storms are bad it can take an hour.  Jupiter is a long way away, that is incredibly random and has no bearing.

Google Orlando to cocoa beach. It's an hour away minimum. It's not 35 miles. Are you incapable of using Google?  Its 60 miles from Orlando to the closest beach. 3 MWC schools are closer to the beach than is UCF

If you wanted to go to school in Florida and regularly go to the beach, UCF is about the worst school in the state to attend. There are a dozen Florida colleges closer to the ocean.

5 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Google Orlando to cocoa beach. It's an hour away minimum. It's not 35 miles. Are you incapable of using Google?  Its 60 miles from Orlando to the closest beach. 3 MWC schools are closer to the beach than is UCF

If you wanted to go to school in Florida and regularly go to the beach, UCF is about the worst school in the state to attend. There are a dozen Florida colleges closer to the ocean.

I don’t disagree it’s one of the furthest places in the peninsula from the beaches, that’s aside from the point though.  You’re the one that’s shown poor google function, remember the 100 miles to a beach comment? Remember linking that the opposite cost was then less than 100 miles away? Short memory much? I’m not going to argue with you over actual distance because it could be 60 miles from some parts of Orlando, but it isn’t from the eastern part of campus.  Again you’re missing the point if you’re squabbling over a few miles.  Refer to google below then continue to read why you’re being stupid.

Someone said: the Mw is great, these cities have these things close by that ultimately are hundreds of miles/hours away.  I said, you gave me a hard time for saying having a Florida beach an hour away is a benefit but now you say this hypocrisy? That’s where it should’ve ended.  Common sense would say to leave it but then you counter with the unrelated and infactual drivel that you did.  Let it go.

1148F90E-9857-49D0-A275-97658CD9A1D0.png

On 6/30/2020 at 8:37 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

image.png.ff6aae1f8b136d3b73c658757e41820b.png

Yeah, but isn't that like a 15 minute scooter ride?

ucf.jpg.5dab3f8e15c9be07a9ac20c8882a2a57.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 6/30/2020 at 7:32 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Did you even read what you linked? It said that it’s 90 miles to the gulf coast-across the state.  You literally just made my point.  

Except for the fact that Orlando isnt 'across the state'.  Any bonehead can look at the map and see that.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:37 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The point is that the beach isn’t 100 miles away like the guy said, since in the majority of the state you can cross coast to coast in that distance.  Siesta key is completely random and really far away in Florida terms, it’s not important whether it’s 95 or 135 miles from any given point, what matters is that it’s really far away on an opposite coast and it’s still within the range he mentioned.  I don’t understand why you are taking such a silly position.  It’s unintelligible. You should be better than that.

Guess facts are silly.

Interesting perspective.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:47 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Someone said: the Mw is great, these cities have these things close by that ultimately are hundreds of miles/hours away.  I said, you gave me a hard time for saying having a Florida beach an hour away is a benefit but now you say this hypocrisy? That’s where it should’ve ended.  Common sense would say to leave it but then you counter with the unrelated and infactual drivel that you did.  Let it go.

You quoted me and said I was hypocritical.  Please post where I said anything about Orlando and distance to places, or admit you don't know what you are talking about.

9 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

....or admit you don't know what you are talking about.

why dont you just ask him to perform a few miracles.

Odds are about the same.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:32 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I can get on the Milk Run bus at SDSU and be at the Beach in 30 mins. Or take the Trolley and be there in 15.

From my house to the Salt Lake is a 20 minute drive. But, you don't see me pimping Ogden as a beach town.

Sorry, Whore-lando is not a beach town despite your insistence to the contrary.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 6/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Seriously. Fresno has it's downfalls as a city, but at least everyone else in this conference lives in a Shit hole too. 

Albuquerque- Well, your best reputation is a TV show about manufacturing Meth in the Desert  

Boise- It’s Idaho....enough said  

San Jose- A bland, suburban, and crappy Bay Area city. It’s even skyrocketing in crime after being named safe a long time ago. I mean, who TF says “Let’s visit San Jose!” Boring AF 

Fort Collins- the best thing about Ft. Collins is its proximity to Boulder

Vegas- Cool place to get obliterated and destroy some city property... but, live there? Hell no. Most of us have more respect for ourselves. 

Reno- Everything i said about Vegas, but not nearly as cool 

San Diego- a border city that tries so hard to be like LA that it’s pathetic. Also, the worst pro city in the country. How do you lose almost every team? And the ones you have kept, have been some of the worst franchises ever. 

Laramie- easily the worst city in this conference. Literally, tumble weeds. 

Logan- from the shots of their student body at the Spectrum, the most exciting thing about Logan is Friday night game of Magic and Saturday night World of Warcraft 

I appreciate you guys. I can’t imagine having to compare ourselves to places like Seattle or Los Angeles.   

Do you know the way to San Jose ?

Honolulu a pathetic town ?

If Sandy Eggo is such a shit hole then why are the Angelinos, Yumanoids, and Phoenicians falling all over themselves to buy second homes and/or vacation there ?

Americans Mayor

On 6/19/2020 at 12:43 PM, godogsgo said:

Well, this should be a banner thread...

:popcorn:

Americans Mayor

On 6/19/2020 at 9:34 PM, rebelcuff said:

Tampa

So, what's your take on Orlando being a Beach Town ?

Americans Mayor