Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

I’m Glad Fresno State is in the MWC

2 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Cool.we're scheduled to play South Florida in Raymond James on September 9th . If it happens I might come down. Maybe you might be interested in joining? Or, if you're ever up Destin way.

I would definitely be interested if the game is played.

3 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Don't forget Hooterville and Bugtussle.

I was in San Jose a year or two ago for a wedding. I went to dinner with some friends and the plan was to stay out for a few drinks. Restaurant closed at 8, so I asked the bartender if he had any recommendations.  He said basically everything closes early. I was shocked, and asked, “There’s a university here, and you’re telling me there’s nowhere to go?”. He said, “Yeah, there’s nothing to do here. They all go to San Francisco or somewhere else”. We walked around, and sure enough the place was a ghost town. So we all had drinks in a hotel room. What a boring ass city. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

tenor.gif.3489522c5f699018e628b6630b9057e7.gif

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I was in San Jose a year or two ago for a wedding. I went to dinner with some friends and the plan was to stay out for a few drinks. Restaurant closed at 8, so I asked the bartender if he had any recommendations.  He said basically everything closes early. I was shocked, and asked, “There’s a university here, and you’re telling me there’s nowhere to go?”. He said, “Yeah, there’s nothing to do here. They all go to San Francisco or somewhere else”. We walked around, and sure enough the place was a ghost town. So we all had drinks in a hotel room. What a boring ass city. 

I don't like piling on SJSU but this is a true freaking story! San Joser rolls up the sidewalks when the sun goes down, unbelievably boring city.

For years, 7 or 8, my buddies and I would go to a Sharks game and then want to keep the party going after the game...

Forget About It GIFs | Tenor

I had a boring time in a city. It's definitely the city. Not me being lame. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

I don't like piling on SJSU but this is a true freaking story! San Joser rolls up the sidewalks when the sun goes down, unbelievably boring city.

For years, 7 or 8, my buddies and I would go to a Sharks game and then want to keep the party going after the game...

Forget About It GIFs | Tenor

This guy from Reno....hahahahaha-2nd worst sheet hole.

The MWC has arguably the best destinations of any conference.  Far better than the PAC, LA is garbage.  Simply put.  Horrible city filled with horrible people.  

In the MWC you have the below

San Diego.  Widely considered the finest city in America.  I would agree with that.

Las Vegas.  Best party city in the country, one of the best in the world.

Boise.  Considered to have a top 5 downtown in many publications.  Can fly fish, golf, ski all in the same day.  Can walk from the river to one of a hundred great bars.  Oh and finger steaks with fry sauce.  'Nuff said.

Fort Collins.  Like a smaller Boise.  Close to Denver. 

Reno.  Not the same city it was 15 years ago.  They have done a great job with it.  You can indulge all your vices.  Claims Pyramid Lake (best lake fishing in the northern hemisphere).

Honolulu.  Need anything be said?

San Jose.  Bay area is fantastic.  Would not like living there but love visiting.

Laramie.  Not the best place to visit for fans during football and basketball conference season.  Great place to live.  Yes, like Fresno it has cool wilderness nearby.  Unlike Fresno said wilderness is not overran with freaking Californians.  Small college town in the high desert.  Great stuff, 7 months of the year.

Logan.  Picturesque. 

ABQ.  Some of the best food in America.  The state has a unique beauty.

Colorado Springs.  Similar to FC, gorgeous.

And then we have Fresno.  Gross.  Every family has that one gross cousin.  That is Fresno.

Albuquerque

dc282394_4c85_4630_87ef_c76eabdd942d_253

Boise

shutterstock_1011284800.0.jpg 

Colorado Springs

colorado-springs-downtown-skyline-1366x6

Fort Collins 

c01a93d5_a615_4835_bcbc_dbed12db2c9d_b89

Fresno

arch.jpg

Honolulu 

Oahu-Honolulu-Aerial-Hero-2_1.jpg?itok=X

Laramie 

il_570xN.755078192_exzg.jpg

Las Vegas

las-vegas-lead-image.jpg

Logan

logan-utah-in-fall-flickr-creative-commo

Reno

fa013ace-6a30-4f24-8da7-99dff7749c70-The

San Diego

istock-833705372-4410d5d4.jpg

San Jose 

san-jose-SJC.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Albuquerque

dc282394_4c85_4630_87ef_c76eabdd942d_253

Boise

shutterstock_1011284800.0.jpg 

Colorado Springs

colorado-springs-downtown-skyline-1366x6

Fort Collins 

c01a93d5_a615_4835_bcbc_dbed12db2c9d_b89

Fresno

arch.jpg

Honolulu 

Oahu-Honolulu-Aerial-Hero-2_1.jpg?itok=X

Laramie 

il_570xN.755078192_exzg.jpg

Las Vegas

las-vegas-lead-image.jpg

Logan

logan-utah-in-fall-flickr-creative-commo

Reno

fa013ace-6a30-4f24-8da7-99dff7749c70-The

San Diego

istock-833705372-4410d5d4.jpg

San Jose 

san-jose-SJC.jpg

Lol. Seriously though I don’t get why Fresno fans just don’t own the fact that Fresno is a shithole. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Just a shout and and thanks to TheTedfordTrain for starting yet another bash Fresno thread!  You sir are a +++++ing idiot!  Stop giving all these posters something to jump on for crying out loud!   I've lived here for over 50 yrs, sure it has its bad areas(what city doesn't?) and it has its very nice areas.  Its a great area to raise a family(especially Clovis) and housing is cheaper than any other metro area in the state.  If you love where you live and are proud of it, great!  But quit bashing eveyone else because it just makes you look petty and insecure.  I've been to EVERY MWC city and enjoyed all of them(some more than others). Done ranting and hope all you dads out there have a great Fathers Day!

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The MWC has arguably the best destinations of any conference.  Far better than the PAC, LA is garbage.  Simply put.  Horrible city filled with horrible people.  

In the MWC you have the below

San Diego.  Widely considered the finest city in America.  I would agree with that.

Las Vegas.  Best party city in the country, one of the best in the world.

Boise.  Considered to have a top 5 downtown in many publications.  Can fly fish, golf, ski all in the same day.  Can walk from the river to one of a hundred great bars.  Oh and finger steaks with fry sauce.  'Nuff said.

Fort Collins.  Like a smaller Boise.  Close to Denver. 

Reno.  Not the same city it was 15 years ago.  They have done a great job with it.  You can indulge all your vices.  Claims Pyramid Lake (best lake fishing in the northern hemisphere).

Honolulu.  Need anything be said?

San Jose.  Bay area is fantastic.  Would not like living there but love visiting.

Laramie.  Not the best place to visit for fans during football and basketball conference season.  Great place to live.  Yes, like Fresno it has cool wilderness nearby.  Unlike Fresno said wilderness is not overran with freaking Californians.  Small college town in the high desert.  Great stuff, 7 months of the year.

Logan.  Picturesque. 

ABQ.  Some of the best food in America.  The state has a unique beauty.

Colorado Springs.  Similar to FC, gorgeous.

And then we have Fresno.  Gross.  Every family has that one gross cousin.  That is Fresno.

B74E8AB5-2A14-481C-BF25-CD7A29FFD211.jpeg

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, TheDogSnake said:

Just a shout and and thanks to TheTedfordTrain for starting yet another bash Fresno thread!  You sir are a +++++ing idiot!  Stop giving all these posters something to jump on for crying out loud!   I've lived here for over 50 yrs, sure it has its bad areas(what city doesn't?) and it has its very nice areas.  Its a great area to raise a family(especially Clovis) and housing is cheaper than any other metro area in the state.  If you love where you live and are proud of it, great!  But quit bashing eveyone else because it just makes you look petty and insecure.  I've been to EVERY MWC city and enjoyed all of them(some more than others). Done ranting and hope all you dads out there have a great Fathers Day!

TTT is a good dude.  He has an open invitation to come fly fish Idaho with me.