Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

I’m Glad Fresno State is in the MWC

2 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Lol. Seriously though I don’t get why Fresno fans just don’t own the fact that Fresno is a shithole. 

Don't forget fresno has mountains with snow to.

fresnoskyline.jpg

13 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I love everyone who responded to this thread. You guys make this board fun. Even the Hoser Fans. 

BTW, I recently found out I’m going to be a dad. Happy Father’s Day everyone! 

44675449-CA8F-4851-9E75-207CDE1B2651.jpeg

Holy shit.  Congrats!

29 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I love everyone who responded to this thread. You guys make this board fun. Even the Hoser Fans. 

Congratulations and welcome to the club! It’s one of life’s greatest gifts!!!

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Holy shit.  Congrats!

8 minutes ago, 1IvyDog said:

Congratulations and welcome to the club! It’s one of life’s greatest gifts!!!

Thanks. Definitely looking forward to it. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 hours ago, TheDogSnake said:

Just a shout and and thanks to TheTedfordTrain for starting yet another bash Fresno thread!  You sir are a +++++ing idiot!  Stop giving all these posters something to jump on for crying out loud!   I've lived here for over 50 yrs, sure it has its bad areas(what city doesn't?) and it has its very nice areas.  Its a great area to raise a family(especially Clovis) and housing is cheaper than any other metro area in the state.  If you love where you live and are proud of it, great!  But quit bashing eveyone else because it just makes you look petty and insecure.  I've been to EVERY MWC city and enjoyed all of them(some more than others). Done ranting and hope all you dads out there have a great Fathers Day!

Dude if what people say on this board bothers you that much, you should take a step back. 

BestDampGalapagostortoise-small.gif

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Two racks and a 5 lb brisket for me!

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Congrats hombre! That’s awesome news.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 6/19/2020 at 11:11 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Seriously. Fresno has it's downfalls as a city, but at least everyone else in this conference lives in a Shit hole too. 

Albuquerque- Well, your best reputation is a TV show about manufacturing Meth in the Desert  

Boise- It’s Idaho....enough said  

San Jose- A bland, suburban, and crappy Bay Area city. It’s even skyrocketing in crime after being named safe a long time ago. I mean, who TF says “Let’s visit San Jose!” Boring AF 

Fort Collins- the best thing about Ft. Collins is its proximity to Boulder

Vegas- Cool place to get obliterated and destroy some city property... but, live there? Hell no. Most of us have more respect for ourselves. 

Reno- Everything i said about Vegas, but not nearly as cool 

San Diego- a border city that tries so hard to be like LA that it’s pathetic. Also, the worst pro city in the country. How do you lose almost every team? And the ones you have kept, have been some of the worst franchises ever. 

Laramie- easily the worst city in this conference. Literally, tumble weeds. 

Logan- from the shots of their student body at the Spectrum, the most exciting thing about Logan is Friday night game of Magic and Saturday night World of Warcraft 

I appreciate you guys. I can’t imagine having to compare ourselves to places like Seattle or Los Angeles.   

Nice try- calling other cities in the conference shitholes does not make Fresno any better-  it does just the opposite. In fact I  believe most cities in this conference make Fresno look bad. 

It’s like fishing with dynamite...good thread.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

11 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Don’t sign anything...

Congrats!

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Is that because no other conference would take Fresno State? Or is it because your tender self has been hurt by all the negative (but accurate) comments which posters have made about the midden that Fresno is. Every city in the MWC is superior to Fresno except possibly Laramie and Boise. Even Boise is somewhat better than Fresno. Where do you actually live? Bakersfield?

4 hours ago, 1066 said:

Is that because no other conference would take Fresno State? Or is it because your tender self has been hurt by all the negative (but accurate) comments which posters have made about the midden that Fresno is. Every city in the MWC is superior to Fresno except possibly Laramie and Boise. Even Boise is somewhat better than Fresno. Where do you actually live? Bakersfield?

While Fresno isn't for everyone and obviously isn't the best city, there are many positives. It's a very community based and small town feel even for a city of 500k. Great place to raise a family with Clovis unified being one of the best school districts in the state. You can see the ocean and snow all in one day. We grow over 400 different types of crops and have the best and most fresh produce vs. anywhere in the world. But I think what makes Fresno and Central California special is the people. Very down to earth blue collar people that work their asses off.

Oh, and we have the #1 tailgating scene in the Mountain West. No question about it. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

Fresno's a horrendous place to drive through, let alone live. Other than dogsnake, a lot of dim individuals living in the valley and visiting this board. The wonder twins, lil train and Cincy, pretend the board doesn't affect them, yet we just witnessed a Houdini act from this thread's author.

That all said, Spartan nation enjoys the dogs presence in this conference also. Our annual win against these one time rivals is always enjoyable, even if we have to do it in that leaky, cracking, smelly stadium located in lil Liberia. 

6 hours ago, 1066 said:

Lol, Boise is considered one of the best cities in the country.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:05 AM, Super six said:

Don't forget fresno has mountains with snow to.

fresnoskyline.jpg

Actually I would put the western slope of the Sierra’s against any of the other ranges pictured before.   The John Muir trail is a classic. 

On 6/24/2020 at 9:48 AM, creeper86 said:

Fresno's a horrendous place to drive through, let alone live. Other than dogsnake, a lot of dim individuals living in the valley and visiting this board. The wonder twins, lil train and Cincy, pretend the board doesn't affect them, yet we just witnessed a Houdini act from this thread's author.

That all said, Spartan nation enjoys the dogs presence in this conference also. Our annual win against these one time rivals is always enjoyable, even if we have to do it in that leaky, cracking, smelly stadium located in lil Liberia. 

Lots of those Dim individuals are growing the food you eat.