Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

MWC Stadium plans for this Fall?

Mackay Stadium at  Nevada is looking at 50% or less seating capacity with priority for 2019 season ticket holders.No general admission? They are looking at options to social distance for safety still to be determined.I have no idea of how they enforce that policy, usher police, tape off seats? Anyone not renewing this season because of the situation will continue to have their rights to their same seats in 2021.Any news on how other MWC schools potential plan for stadium seating?

Just spread the disease to everyone already...  I'm over it..

The world needs to just pull off the band aid and get it over with...

Bet you anything that if Jerry gets the nod to fill AT&T, then that'll likley be the basis for football moving forward..  The NFL will copy Jerry, and CFB teams will copy the NFL...

New-Signature.jpg

I'm ordering some gravel and soil for some yard work.  I've been told its coming from our local quarry at Spartan Stadium.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

1 hour ago, westfan said:

Mackay Stadium at  Nevada is looking at 50% or less seating capacity with priority for 2019 season ticket holders.No general admission? They are looking at options to social distance for safety still to be determined.I have no idea of how they enforce that policy, usher police, tape off seats? Anyone not renewing this season because of the situation will continue to have their rights to their same seats in 2021.Any news on how other MWC schools potential plan for stadium seating?

SDSU can just open the upper deck and spread everyone out.  Thank you extra 40k seats! :banana:

looks like Memphis will only allow season ticket holders to attend, will not sell single game tickets (away team tickets are a block of single game tickets), Sky Box and Press Box will be at 50% capacity, no concessions, no water fountains, water bottles will be allowed, police/security will enforce 6 feet between groups/families. most likely no band or cheer leaders...it'll be odd to say the least. I'll say the average Tiger football game will have ~19,500 people this season. At least it's football though!

lKAe5g0.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

We UNLV football fans social distance at football games by nature.

Same with us.  We were at 50% capacity all year so it’s not like there will be much of a difference, just spread people out more...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 6/19/2020 at 1:29 PM, mugtang said:

Same with us.  We were at 50% capacity all year so it’s not like there will be much of a difference, just spread people out more...

It will be interesting of how they social distance the fans on the west side of Mackay. Some to the east side, a new breed of zonies? Another thread on this board talks about CFB players coming down with the virus. Who knows how much impact from the universities that will have on even putting fans back in the stadium. Way to early to know what happens for sure.

On 6/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, UofMTigers said:

looks like Memphis will only allow season ticket holders to attend, will not sell single game tickets (away team tickets are a block of single game tickets), Sky Box and Press Box will be at 50% capacity, no concessions, no water fountains, water bottles will be allowed, police/security will enforce 6 feet between groups/families. most likely no band or cheer leaders...it'll be odd to say the least. I'll say the average Tiger football game will have ~19,500 people this season. At least it's football though!

lKAe5g0.jpg

I wonder if season ticket holders can sell their tickets on stubhub or something. 

2 minutes ago, brillio said:

I wonder if season ticket holders can sell their tickets on stubhub or something. 

had not thought of that! ask opposing fans 'so how bad do you wanna see this game?' 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

I talked to the Fresno State ticket office on Fri.  Looks like stadium will be at 25% capacity.  I purchased my normal season tix but will not be attending myself this season.  Will offer tix to family and if they don’t use them will just donate the season.  I just wanted the program to have the money regardless.

57 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

had not thought of that! ask opposing fans 'so how bad do you wanna see this game?' 

Yeah and the me types who like going to three or four new stadiums a year.  I was at the Memphis game against UCF a couple years ago in the rain. 

I predict the biggest college football attendance increase in history. Just tell people they can’t go to the games and they will come out in full force.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

21 hours ago, DrBulldog said:

I talked to the Fresno State ticket office on Fri.  Looks like stadium will be at 25% capacity.  I purchased my normal season tix but will not be attending myself this season.  Will offer tix to family and if they don’t use them will just donate the season.  I just wanted the program to have the money regardless.

This is what I am thinking myself. At least at first. We will see how the school manages the crowd. Not sure its a hassle that I want to deal with at this point. Also I will have a 15-16 month old and my wife coaches most weekends so I would have him on my own. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to keep him corralled all game. It ws pretty easy last season but this season may be a bit tougher.

AAC about to announce sweeping changes for band/spirit squads in 2020

1) No visiting team bands or spirit squads

2) No on-field performance for the home team's band

3) No spirit squads on the field to start the season

4) Home team band and spirit squad limits to be re-evaluated as stadium restrictions are lifted

https://www.collegemarching.com/content/aac-sidelines-bands-for-2020

at least it sounds like home teams can have band/spirit squads in the stands...that'll be something other than piped in music over the PA (which is what I was expecting)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

We’re going on, business as usual. We’ll be able to spread  out 15k in our near 40k stadium, fairly easily. Just pity the folks made to sit on the east side of the stadium, the sun can be brutal for afternoon games.

i hope we can schedule mostly evening games, but thats wishful thinking.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

AAC about to announce sweeping changes for band/spirit squads in 2020

https://www.collegemarching.com/content/aac-sidelines-bands-for-2020

at least it sounds like home teams can have band/spirit squads in the stands...that'll be something other than piped in music over the PA (which is what I was expecting)

And here's where common sense seems to take a hike. The band and spirit squads can gather in the stands, but can't go on the field, space out a little, and perform?  There are so many rules being made up during this thing that just seem stupid.  I'd love to hear the justification for them.