Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Millennial’s Know & Care About Statues?? It’s One Big Scam

This is a few years old, but not important. These kinds of videos have been going on for years showing how clueless so many younger people are with history. So we’re expected to believe that they know or care about statues? Give me a break. This is just left wing groups manufacturering phony outrage to keep the black “victim narrative” going. 

kat.jpg

43 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

This is a few years old, but not important. These kinds of videos have been going on for years showing how clueless so many younger people are with history. So we’re expected to believe that they know or care about statues? Give me a break. This is just left wing groups manufacturering phony outrage to keep the black “victim narrative” going. 

Do you know anything about any of these statues folks are tearing down? 

Please, pick one or two of your favorites.

Tell us a little about it and then defend why it should remain standing.

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

The question I have is why would anyone from the West give a shit about any of them?

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Why don’t you pull your head out and listen to what Denzel Washington and Morgan Freeman have to say about it. It has nothing to do with whether the statues have any value. It’s about several things.

Before I mention them, I have a question. How will eliminating some ‘bad’ old statues that no one normally pays any attention to make your life better?

It’s about continuing the victim narrative to always have an excuse not to succeed. It’s a distraction from what really needs to happen with time, energy and money. You can look for bad things that offend you for your entire life, and then at the end of your life, what do you have? Nothing! Why not put all this emotion and energy and put it into something positive IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY. All of this manufactured emotion. Take the real emotion and build your community, build yourself. Go to school, there is NOTHING that can prevent anyone from getting a degree and a great job, or even bolder things like President.

I’ll find some better ones I’ve seen later, but starting at 0:55.

kat.jpg

48 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Why would ANYONE give a shit about any of them?

Good question. Because a lot of Southerners love them some heritage, I guess.

My first thought in response to the title of this thread.

Trump cares about DACA, immigration, religion, China, iran, Syria, climate change, health care, allies, pandemics, anyone who doesn't gloat over him, anything that doesn't affect his personal wealth or power??  It's one big scam.  Carry on with millennials though.  

Who won the Civil War?  omg.  Thier probably not allowed to teach things like this in high schools anymore or something. 

When I was a kid I had a civil war set of army men I played with. I knew this when I was 6 years old.

So what’s your point? So who the the war of 1812?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Why can't they be outraged after they *learn* about it?  I feel like we're all learning about stuff we didn't before.  I had no idea about the Black Wall Street or the Tulsa Race Riots before and am now disgusted it happened.  I didn't know Robert E. Lee was a giant douchebag until I read about him.

Are the statues/name changes, etc. really the hill to die on?  Why not educate the rest of us on *why* they should be kept around. 

1 minute ago, WAC_FAN said:

Why can't they be outraged after they *learn* about it?  I feel like we're all learning about stuff we didn't before.  I had no idea about the Black Wall Street or the Tulsa Race Riots before and am now disgusted it happened.  I didn't know Robert E. Lee was a giant douchebag until I read about him.

Are the statues/name changes, etc. really the hill to die on?  Why not educate the rest of us on *why* they should be kept around. 

It’s the states fault. State schools need to teach state history also. In Hawaii we got taught Hawaiiana and the history of Hawaii. We are taught how the white man came here and stole our lands. We got taught who all the kings and queens were. We got taught how the Japanese pulled a sneak attack. States need to open up the state history books and start teaching the truth.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Same here, it's hard to teach that white people exterminated large swaths of Native American tribes and stole their land but that's what happened. That's why millennials should first be taught this and not be subjected to blm so much. 

4 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Same here, it's hard to teach that white people exterminated large swaths of Native American tribes and stole their land but that's what happened. That's why millennials should first be taught this and not be subjected to blm so much. 

why not both

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

It’s the states fault. State schools need to teach state history also. In Hawaii we got taught Hawaiiana and the history of Hawaii. We are taught how the white man came here and stole our lands. We got taught who all the kings and queens were. We got taught how the Japanese pulled a sneak attack. States need to open up the state history books and start teaching the truth.

If it wasn't for US, Hawaii would be Hawaiiawa.   So 6 of one or half dozen of the other... 

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

If it wasn't for US, Hawaii would be Hawaiiawa.   So 6 of one or half dozen of the other... 

Racist bitch... if it wasn’t for the US, Hawaii wouldn’t have gotten bombed by the Japanese. Free Hawaii, we don’t want to be associated with all you war hungry, power hungry, racist bitches. 

2 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Racist bitch... if it wasn’t for the US, Hawaii wouldn’t have gotten bombed by the Japanese. Free Hawaii, we don’t want to be associated with all you war hungry, power hungry, racist bitches. 

Yeah, would have been bombed by US because Hawaii would be a Japanese Island and you would be subject to them.  Might be under China rule in future.  

4 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Yeah, would have been bombed by US because Hawaii would be a Japanese Island and you would be subject to them.  Might be under China rule in future.  

If the Japanese wanted to rule Hawaii they would have taken it on Dec 7 1941. If the white mans war tools were not at Hawaii, they would have left us alone. We would have been fine by ourselves like Samoa, Tahiti, Tonga and Fuji.