Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Chuba Hubbard Threatens To Sit Out Season After Seeing Mike Gundy in an OAN Shirt

You go, Chuba!!!  Got your back!!!

One less impedient to a conference title.....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, sebasour said:

It's for people who think Fox News is too Liberal

Oh! Thank you!

down in a hole.jpg

I'm not gonna pretend to know the political leanings of every coach, but you do have a lot of older white men from The South or Middle America coaching young black athletes.

In our very polarized political climate, I do wonder if politics is going to start effecting locker rooms 

40 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I'm not gonna pretend to know the political leanings of every coach, but you do have a lot of older white men from The South or Middle America coaching young black athletes.

In our very polarized political climate, I do wonder if politics is going to start effecting locker rooms 

I saw something on twitter. "Its pretty amazing to watch these college athletes realize how much power they have-and to watch them yield it." They hold more power now where it used to be just the coach held power over the team. Gundy is in trouble and he could lose the locker room. Doesn't matter if you(not you but the general you) think its a dumb stance and just a news station, if the kids in the locker room don't think you have their back they are starting to speak up. 

One of OAN's reporters called BLM a criminal enterprise. That is not going to win over socially conscious black athletes.

OAN is the news net that said the old man in Buffalo was faking it...its extreme to the point that I can't think of a broadcast net on the left that matches it but its also not in wide distribution I believe. Part of the growing tell me what I want to hear and already believe news media like MSNBC/FOX

33 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I don't know anything about OAN. Is this a racist network? 

Had to look them up.  Makes Breitbart look liberal.   They call black lives matter a criminal movement. ....  Everything far right panders to white nationalists in 2020.

11 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Had to look them up.  Makes Breitbart look liberal.   They call black lives matter a criminal movement. ....  Everything far right panders to white nationalists in 2020.

Welp.

Hey @Nevada Convert, we found where you get your news!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Broncomare said:

I guess  I'm missing it... what is OAN?

A low-budget version of FAUX News, which is further to the right.  

Recently the reported a Conspiracy Theory that #45-DJT re-tweeted.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I don't know anything about OAN. Is this a racist network? 

A lot of people think Trump is going to purchase it if he loses in 2020.  Or maybe even if he wins and it could be a pseudo state-run media company.

10 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

A lot of people think Trump is going to purchase it if he loses in 2020.  Or maybe even if he wins and it could be a pseudo state-run media company.

Jesus...

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Jesus Mike, you’re supposed to keep this shit under wraps until you finish coaching, THEN you throw on the MAGA hat and run for a seat in the Senate. 

- a text Tommy Tuberville sent to Gundy today, probably

3 hours ago, sebasour said:

And recruiting.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

Gundy has every right to wear that shirt, support that network, and even believe some of their stories.  But, if his rights harm the football program, that is his risk.

Hubbard feels that way, and has every right.  If he feels that strongly, I support his words and actions.  But, if he loses his scholarship for not fulfilling the obligations that come with it, that is his risk.  

OAN, in my observation, certainly is a right-wing outlet.  While it is usually just a lean, a couple of those articles are a terrible look right now, and are likely outright lies involving a highly-controversial situation.  The timing is quite poor, and Hubbard is not alone in his thoughts, to include athletes, students and alumni.  It will be interesting to see this play out.