Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedRebelRed

Jay Norvell a candidate for Iowa HC?

53 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Nick Rolovich didn't exactly light it up in Hawaii.  But WSU took him.

There were a group of us fans that wanted Rolo to be hired when Ault retired.   Instead with got the disaster of Polian.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Nick Rolovich didn't exactly light it up in Hawaii.  But WSU took him.

There are some head scratchers for sure in this business. 

It would be hard to believe that Norvell would be a serious candidate for a p5 job at this point.  He has made some questionable decisions regarding the qb position and is not a polished head coach.

With that said, I am happy he's our coach.  I believe he will grow into the job and is a great representative of the university.

1 hour ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Maybe you have more inside info into UNLV's finances, but from what I've seen the athletic department is overextended and gambling the extra they are getting for ten years for giving up the stadium on TJO and Arroyo.

The kind of P5s that would come to poach a MWC HC aren't going to blink at topping a $3M offer.  The other issue is assistant salaries. 

There’s plenty of money in this town if you can get the boosters on the same page.  Also, all three of UNLV’s assistants were at P5’s at their last stop.

12 hours ago, mugtang said:

I hear Chris Petersen is looking for a job. 

Wouldn't be the first time a former MW head coach returned to the conference at another school.  :hmmm:

19 hours ago, brillio said:

Why? He hasn’t exactly lit it up here yet.  His personality is 1000x better than Polian, but I’m sure Iowa wants more than 6/7 wins a year. 

Iowa would be doing you a favor..just not in the middle of the summer.

On 6/12/2020 at 12:11 PM, mugtang said:

I hear Chris Petersen is looking for a job. 

Poach Beau Baldwin from CP SLO. Wasn't he a finalist before taking the CAL OC job?

17 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Poach Beau Baldwin from CP SLO. Wasn't he a finalist before taking the CAL OC job?

Yes he was. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Yes he was. 

Poach him, if Norvell is poached.