Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClevelandBrown

A message to NASCAR

33 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

What's that?  I'm front plate free...but I've been thinking about throwing on an old Nevada plate on front just for the hell of it.

It’s an art logo drawn up by Vaughn Cochran called “black fly” based off of a tarpon fly   

In the late 60’s and 70’s he was a member of Jimmy Buffets band, also was a light tackle/fly fishing guide in Key West.  Now he’s a full time artist/restaurant and lodge owner in the Bahamas. 

That plate was on my car when I lived in Key West for ten years.  Kept it hoping I’d move back to Florida one day, just moved to Sanibel so it’s back in the rightful place.  

17 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

It’s an art logo drawn up by Vaughn Cochran called “black fly” based off of a tarpon fly   

In the late 60’s and 70’s he was a member of Jimmy Buffets band, also was a light tackle/fly fishing guide in Key West.  Now he’s a full time artist/restaurant and lodge owner in the Bahamas. 

That plate was on my car when I lived in Key West for ten years.  Kept it hoping I’d move back to Florida one day, just moved to Sanibel so it’s back in the rightful place.  

I've been looking for a pseudo -salt life decal for my back window on my Jeep.I don't like what I've seen  too typical and generic.  I think you just gave me an inspiration. I'll look up some of his work. Thanks for sharing.