Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

MW v AAC - 2010's

1 hour ago, aztech said:

So in other words now that you conned 'em you don't care about your next contract, right? LOL

it's a 12 year deal and Aresco will be retired by then. Besides I'm sure we'll have some new marketing ploy,err,strategy by then.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 6/11/2020 at 3:20 PM, Coog kev said:

Oh gheesh.  Here we go again.  There is no We v You. 

We need to combine and edit.  Simple as that. 

First ones in Combined from the AAC side..Cincy, Memphis, UCF, UH, Navy (all in), and Temple.  Do a 14-team league and become Power 5.5.  With middle $20m/squad/per year television rights onset.  IF the television eyeballs are unusually excellent over the 2020s, outperform ACC and demand things better than they. 

BYU has to be in the mix somewheres. As does AFA. 

There's nowhere near 20 million a year for that.

Why Temple?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

8 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Really...so a scheduling agreement is the same thing as a full merger.

Yeah...ok...sure...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

9 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

the P6 thing was a push for our new TV deal...we now have that and notice the P6 rhetoric has died down a lot.

Funniest thing Ive read all week.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, RSF said:

Funniest thing Ive read all week.

I hated the ploy but it worked; one’s level of objectivity may make that a difficult pill to swallow.  I also think it’s run it’s course and should be gracefully left on the 2019 sideline without explanation.  They could shift the argument towards bigger fish to fry with the evolution of the pac12 and acc to a lesser extent and forget the old campaign all together.

47 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I hated the ploy but it worked; one’s level of objectivity may make that a difficult pill to swallow.  I also think it’s run it’s course and should be gracefully left on the 2019 sideline without explanation.  They could shift the argument towards bigger fish to fry with the evolution of the pac12 and acc to a lesser extent and forget the old campaign all together.

It worked?  To what end?  You signed one of the most garbage T.V. contracts in modern history.  Twice as long as it should have been to have much of your second tier and even some of your first tier on a streaming platform while having to pony up production costs..  By the time your contract is up, The MWC will have renegotiated one contract and be renegotiation a second

56 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It worked?  To what end?  You signed one of the most garbage T.V. contracts in modern history.  Twice as long as it should have been to have much of your second tier and even some of your first tier on a streaming platform while having to pony up production costs..  By the time your contract is up, The MWC will have renegotiated one contract and be renegotiation a second

Your valuation of what has happened (as stated by you above) is a little inbred in thought and not really very accurate.  Yes the length of the deal was a risk and it’s too early to call it a win/fail but that’s the only really consensus concession I can make regarding your comments at this time.  It (the campaign) changed the perception and perception has become reality.  The reality is that while the P5 are in a difference race the American lapped all other conferences and is continually separating itself more.  One may argue that the Mw will have another renegotiating opportunity before the American, what you see as opportunity there most see as instability.  With the changes coming the MW might not even exist as we know it by your second negotiation.  Perspective.  I’m not trying to be difficult or incendiary in my comments, you’re only fooling yourself though.  The American is earning more from tournament credits and bowl payouts than your entire media deal.  The advertising and marketing advantages have been on another level.  

On 6/13/2020 at 12:27 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

that award belongs to ole Judy and CUSA.

pnI5W__XIOX4N5-vf0v0zSzpwSxgYi2blWF7GEZM

As for the AAC contract several things. 1) there is no GOR which tells me we all still dream of breaking away to the Big 12 long before we get to the end of the deal so length isn't an issue unless you get left behind. 2) the TV deal won't reach full payouts until 2023...according to a presentation to our big dog boosters 2020 will pay 5 million growing to 8 million by 2023. 3) Much of the production costs will be offset by UConn's 17 million dollar exit fee. 4) we'll never reach the end of the deal because if Cincy, Houston, Memphis, or UCF leaves the conference (and that'll probably happen) it will initiate a renegotiation of the deal.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 6/12/2020 at 12:54 AM, GoState99755 said:

That Little League Newsletter is wrong.  UConn went 0-2 vs Boise CC

Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw it but the heading says MW record vs. American (or something like that), so it is saying that the MW is 2-0 vs. U Conn. Very misleading.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, GoState99755 said:

Where were you during the 16-team WAC?

Why make the same mistake again?

A scheduling agreement in FB/BB is the same as a conference merger? Man you are special. 

On 6/11/2020 at 10:31 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’m not sure what you’re proposing but it appears there’s already a few agreements in place.  

2/3 games in FB a season and a conference challenge in hoops where similar quality programs are matched against each other. I would gladly swap the 2/3 FB games a season for a Bowl where both conferences #3/4 are matched up regularly. 

On 6/13/2020 at 12:18 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Your valuation of what has happened (as stated by you above) is a little inbred in thought and not really very accurate.  Yes the length of the deal was a risk and it’s too early to call it a win/fail but that’s the only really consensus concession I can make regarding your comments at this time.  It (the campaign) changed the perception and perception has become reality.  The reality is that while the P5 are in a difference race the American lapped all other conferences and is continually separating itself more.  One may argue that the Mw will have another renegotiating opportunity before the American, what you see as opportunity there most see as instability.  With the changes coming the MW might not even exist as we know it by your second negotiation.  Perspective.  I’m not trying to be difficult or incendiary in my comments, you’re only fooling yourself though.  The American is earning more from tournament credits and bowl payouts than your entire media deal.  The advertising and marketing advantages have been on another level.  

Your contract sucks donkey balls. How you give the networks that many years with a window coming up in 2025 is beyond me.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 6/12/2020 at 11:18 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I have to say, I see the end date of the current MW contract as likely dictated by the buying side...not the MW. We only risk losses and not gains around that time in terms of membership. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Your contract sucks donkey balls. How you give the networks that many years with a window coming up in 2025 is beyond me.

But thats the thing. All the deals have renegotiating clauses, so if membership changes the deal will be redone anyway. And for MW/AAC the risk is loss of quality, not gaining it.

7 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

because, as I said above, if any out of Cincy, Memphis, Houston, UCF are poached then the whole thing gets reworked.

again, no GOR clearly means we're all expecting a seismic shift ~2026 and want to be 'ripe for the picking'...once that happens the AAC's deal will be renegotiated therefore it could be a zillion year deal for all we care.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

15 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

because, as I said above, if any out of Cincy, Memphis, Houston, UCF are poached then the whole thing gets reworked.

again, no GOR clearly means we're all expecting a seismic shift ~2026 and want to be 'ripe for the picking'...once that happens the AAC's deal will be renegotiated therefore it could be a zillion year deal for all we care.

Or nothing happens and you're all locked in.

6 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

I would love nothing better than SDSU vs. Houston/Memphis/Cinci/UCF/Navy home and homes in the new Aztec Stadium (coming in 2022). 

Sup Koji, didn't know you were on this board.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Or nothing happens and you're all locked in.

I would think not having a GOR does the opposite of that...just like the MW. Honestly the way the conf's are now leaves open the possibility that even without poaching, departures are likely if member schools are desperate and trying to "survive" the next round of changes.