Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Seattle Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

25 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

It is an interesting article, all except for the conclusion. Hence, why this thread is still going. The protests did not peacefully break up. They seized 6 city blocks, enacted their own code of mob law, terrorized businesses and residents, and now at least one person is dead amongst a litany of other violent crimes. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m enjoying the hell out of Chaz. The first thing they did after taking over was construct a border wall. They were then very diligent about removing people who didn’t fit in culturally. They had the rudiments of farming with their topsoil on cardboard experiment. They at least recognized that a police force was necessary, even if they couldn’t solve or prevent any crimes. If it wasn’t for all the violence and murder, Chaz would be a fun little experiment in creating civilization.  

:rolleyes: Couldn't they just stay home and play...

The Urbz: Sims in the City - Wikipedia

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It is an interesting article, all except for the conclusion. Hence, why this thread is still going. The protests did not peacefully break up. They seized 6 city blocks, enacted their own code of mob law, terrorized businesses and residents, and now at least one person is dead amongst a litany of other violent crimes. 

99% of them did. Only one in Seattle didn't. 

But you can see the origins of some riots pretty clearly.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

24 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

99% of them did. Only one in Seattle didn't. 

But you can see the origins of some riots pretty clearly.

The one in Seattle is the exact one they’re using as an example. Without any reference to context about what the police force was facing in the immediate days prior. The origins of the riot are not exemplified during an altercation in the middle of them.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Another shooting last night leaving one dead and a 14 year old in critical condition.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/the-irony-of-the-no-cop-chop-it-showed-how-much-we-still-need-the-police-after-all/%3famp=1

After the shootings in the past few days near the Capitol Hill anti-police protest zone, the call went out, paradoxically, for the help of the one thing the protest is most arguing against.

“Our movement should demand and insist that the Seattle Police fully investigate this attack and be held accountable to bring the killer(s) to justice,” said Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant in a statement. One paragraph later she re-upped her demand, however, to “defund” these same police.

It wasn’t just Sawant with the suddenly mixed message. City Councilmember Teresa Mosqueda noted in a Monday meeting that “we want to make sure that firefighters and EMT have access to do their jobs and help those that need it.”

That seems noncontroversial — except how do we think ambulances get access to often volatile crime scenes? Who typically does that work of securing shooting scenes, so that aid workers can move in?

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Another shooting last night leaving one dead and a 14 year old in critical condition.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/the-irony-of-the-no-cop-chop-it-showed-how-much-we-still-need-the-police-after-all/%3famp=1

After the shootings in the past few days near the Capitol Hill anti-police protest zone, the call went out, paradoxically, for the help of the one thing the protest is most arguing against.

“Our movement should demand and insist that the Seattle Police fully investigate this attack and be held accountable to bring the killer(s) to justice,” said Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant in a statement. One paragraph later she re-upped her demand, however, to “defund” these same police.

It wasn’t just Sawant with the suddenly mixed message. City Councilmember Teresa Mosqueda noted in a Monday meeting that “we want to make sure that firefighters and EMT have access to do their jobs and help those that need it.”

That seems noncontroversial — except how do we think ambulances get access to often volatile crime scenes? Who typically does that work of securing shooting scenes, so that aid workers can move in?

Thank god I don’t live in Seattle. The leadership is a joke. The city has been taken over by totally inept Marxists. I don’t feel sorry one bit for those that voted these clowns in. They got what they deserve. Let them swim in their own self created cess pool. 

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Seizing a police precinct and 6 city blocks is fine, but stay off the mayor’s lawn!

No problem to the Mayor until they arrive on her front porch. They need to set up camp for weeks around the Mayors house and play loud rap music all night long. 

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Thus ends the short, bloody history of Chaz.

maxresdefault.jpg

A build-it-up survival anarchy game a la Dawn of Man or Planetbase needs to be made about this.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

15 minutes ago, CV147 said:

But what will become of CHAZ's burgeoning agriculture sector?

Oh the city pillaged that after the fourth shooting as a warning. It wasn’t until they came for the warlord mayor that they got crushed.

6 hours ago, CV147 said:

But what will become of CHAZ's burgeoning agriculture sector?

their fields were sown with salt. chaz delenda est

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 6/22/2020 at 8:51 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lawlor, you should read "Rubicon" by Tom Holland.  Great book on the twilight of the Roman republic.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:55 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I remember Dan Carlin referencing that one a lot when he did a series on that topic. I’ll check it out, hopefully before it’s burned for espousing imperialism.

Bruh

C3-FED196-2992-4630-A472-93-CBE976-BD7-F

On 6/21/2020 at 9:08 PM, ridgeview2 said:

There are numerous online petitions to extend the $600 through December here in California but it's doubtful that will happen. After July 25, the payments go back to $167 a week. 

For people like a guy who has become my friendly barrista at Starbucks that might really suck.

Once upon a time, the guy had to work PT at Starbucks plus PT as a waiter at an upscale restaurant a couple miles away in order to earn enough after taxes to pay his rent and have some money left over for entertainment. Then COVID happened and he basically sat around doing nothing for a couple of months getting "hazard" pay from Starbucks while it was closed plus PPP, unemployment or God knows whatever other public handouts. After a couple months he was actually earning MORE than when he worked FT but got bored silly and felt cheap. However, his HS buddy with Antifa ties who had moved to Portland told him he was happy as a pig in slop with all the government largess. :hmmm: