Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Seattle Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

I feel like my friends and I were calling the garbage we were drinking a Central Valley Iced Tea. Either way, everyone has one of those stories. 

Maybe I'll grin down the bear tomorrow and get a can of Sprite. Maybe it's about time. 

We live, we learn, we grow.

You owe it to yourself.

10 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I feel like my friends and I were calling the garbage we were drinking a Central Valley Iced Tea. Either way, everyone has one of those stories. 

Maybe I'll grin down the bear tomorrow and get a can of Sprite. Maybe it's about time. 

Ya know, We used to make a concoction of Everclear,  151 Rum, watermelon, cantaloupe,  strawberries and oranges and 7up.

Told myself I'd never drink 7 Up again. But, if your willing to choke down a sprite ...I'll join you in choking down a 7up.

6 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Or, for @NVGiant - if I was told that the only way to redress my grievances was to let myself get the shit kicked out of me on tv, I might be pretty pissed off too. 

Short enough?

I think you could’ve expanded on the thought a bit more.

8 hours ago, sean327 said:

I say we let this play out to it’s inevitable end. These clowns will see first hand how shitty Communism is once all they have left to eat is twigs and bark. 

Let them go and then....  we build a wall and keep those hippie +++++s there and see how they like their utopia!  Lol

33 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Ya know, We used to make a concoction of Everclear,  151 Rum, watermelon, cantaloupe,  strawberries and oranges and 7up.

Told myself I'd never drink 7 Up again. But, if your willing to choke down a sprite ...I'll join you in choking down a 7up.

We called it jungle juice... my Oldest and his roommates call it Riot Punch but I think they add Red Bull or some shit to it.🤮

1 minute ago, Wyoguns said:

We called it jungle juice... my Oldest and his roommates call it Riot Punch but I think they add Red Bull or some shit to it.🤮

Now that you mention that some of my few brain cells triggered ' trashcan punch'.

11 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I don't disagree with you, necessarily, but you have to admit this puts protesters in a position that the state is not usually in. The state has an incentive in this case to act violently, because those violent actions will almost always result in a violent response, and thus the state gets to deem its violence necessary to quell the violence. If the protesters act violently, the state immediately has justification to inflict violence. Really the only way that state violence might be deemed as unnecessary or overbearing is if they're inflicting violence on a passive group. MLK understood this, and the civil rights movement used this effectively, but it's still pretty +++++ed up. I mean it's kind of a human shield theory of social change. 

It is +++++ed up, but the reality is it’s just different for the state and protestors. 

I don’t know that the incentive for violence is any stronger for the state than the protestors. A peaceful protest isn’t that harmful for the state, whereas a protest where the state doesn’t initiate the violence is much more in their favor. Likewise a peaceful protest not broken up with violence is much, much less useful than one that is. And certainly less useful than a violent one. It’s the difference between you’re supposed to be protecting them and you’re supposed to be protecting us from them, that’s your job!

King, in his genius, didn’t brook words. It required militant nonviolence, a discipline above and beyond what a mob might say.  That’s what made him so accomplished and the violent radicals such fools. Maybe this time it’ll be different, but I doubt it. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

23 hours ago, CV147 said:

People need to stop broadening the definition of terrorists.

Do we drone strike CHAZ because they're "terrorists" like we do with Al Queda?

As bornonthebooze said, both antifa and far-right nutjobs like the free range Bundy family remind me a bit of the far-right and far-left groups under the Weimar Republic before the Nazis and Communists fully developed into warring miitias.

Right now, the idiots in the U.S. are just a joke and here's a really bad one:

QB Kevin O'Connell lifting WR CHAZ Schilens (coincidence? no way!) after a TD: 4.jpg

However, in case anybody didn't notice, the Weimar Republic's failure to tamp down the Nazis and Commies was to have worldwide ramifications.

11 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

As bornonthebooze said, both antifa and far-right nutjobs like the free range Bundy family remind me a bit of the far-right and far-left groups under the Weimar Republic before the Nazis and Communists fully developed into warring miitias.

Right now, they're just a joke and here's a really bad one:

QB Kevin O'Connell lifting WR CHAZ Schilens (coincidence? no way!) after a TD: 4.jpg

However, in case anybody didn't notice, the Weimar Republic's failure to tamp down the Nazis and Commies was to have worldwide ramifications.

I don’t quite get the joke, but what do you think of O’Connell as an offensive coordinator?

50 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I don’t quite get the joke, but what do you think of O’Connell as an offensive coordinator?

I meant the Seattle leftists must have named their new state after a small-name SDSU WR. As I said, it was a poor joke.

As to O'Connell, I vividly recall sitting in Qualcomm during a game halfway through his freshman season. I had no idea who he was because I didn't follow the Aztecs as closely back then but Tom Craft's returning starter had been mediocre and half a dozen kids sitting in front of my buddy and I kept screaming "O'Connell." IIRC, he started the second half and his athleticism and arm strength immediately sparked the offense. I'm not sure the former starter even got off the bench the rest of the year as Kevin immediately had leadership skills that were his equal.

The kids who screamed turned out to be former HS teammates of his. I don't know why he wasn't more successful as an NFL player but being drafted by the Jets couldn't have helped and then he was traded to the Pats where he was stuck behind a guy who was pretty decent. O'C is very personable and very bright and I'm elated that only in his mid-thirties he's going to be earning a couple mil per year while working just a couple hours from his home.

23 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I meant the Seattle leftists must have named their new state after a small-name SDSU WR. As I said, it was a poor joke.

As to O'Connell, I vividly recall sitting in Qualcomm during a game halfway through his freshman season. I had no idea who he was because I didn't follow the Aztecs as closely back then but Tom Craft's returning starter had been mediocre and half a dozen kids sitting in front of my buddy and I kept screaming "O'Connell." IIRC, he started the second half and his athleticism and arm strength immediately sparked the offense. I'm not sure the former starter even got off the bench the rest of the year as Kevin immediately had leadership skills that were his equal.

The kids who screamed turned out to be former HS teammates of his. I don't know why he wasn't more successful as an NFL player but being drafted by the Jets couldn't have helped and then he was traded to the Pats where he was stuck behind a guy who was pretty decent. O'C is very personable and very bright and I'm elated that only in his mid-thirties he's going to be earning a couple mil per year while working just a couple hours from his home.

That’s great but I was looking more for like, “the rams will score 40 ppg with him calling plays. He’s the da Vinci of football.”

https://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2020/06/20/homicide-investigation-inside-protest-area/

Homicide detectives are investigating following a fatal shooting that occurred early Saturday morning at 10th Avenue and East Pine Street. One man was declared deceased at the hospital and another male is being treated for life-threatening injuries.

On June 20th, at approximately 2:30 AM, East Precinct officers responded to a report of shots fired in Cal Anderson Park. This is inside the area referred to as the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP). Officers attempted to locate a shooting victim but were met by a violent crowd that prevented officers safe access to the victims. Officers were later informed that the victims, both males, had been transported to Harborview Medical Center by CHOP medics.

Officers responded to Harborview and were informed that one of the victims, a 19-year-old male, had died from injuries. The other victim, also a male, unknown age, remains in the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Well the border wall they threw up at the start was modern but they have a long way to go in policing crime, like, you know, securing the crime scene.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

25 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

https://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2020/06/20/homicide-investigation-inside-protest-area/

Homicide detectives are investigating following a fatal shooting that occurred early Saturday morning at 10th Avenue and East Pine Street. One man was declared deceased at the hospital and another male is being treated for life-threatening injuries.

On June 20th, at approximately 2:30 AM, East Precinct officers responded to a report of shots fired in Cal Anderson Park. This is inside the area referred to as the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP). Officers attempted to locate a shooting victim but were met by a violent crowd that prevented officers safe access to the victims. Officers were later informed that the victims, both males, had been transported to Harborview Medical Center by CHOP medics.

Officers responded to Harborview and were informed that one of the victims, a 19-year-old male, had died from injuries. The other victim, also a male, unknown age, remains in the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Well the border wall they threw up at the start was modern but they have a long way to go in policing crime, like, you know, securing the crime scene.

A little white washing never hurt anybody.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Sounds like they secured the scene pretty well.

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It looks like the block party isn’t so peaceful. Move the barricade and call an ambulance fools. EMT or CHOP medic, easy choice. 

The latest demand is for the SPD to investigate the shootings. I thought they wanted to police themselves and wanted no part of the SPD? 

https://mynorthwest.com/1969263/kshama-sawant-statement-shooting-chop/

28 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It looks like the block party isn’t so peaceful. Move the barricade and call an ambulance fools. EMT or CHOP medic, easy choice. 

The latest demand is for the SPD to investigate the shootings. I thought they wanted to police themselves and wanted no part of the SPD? 

There is talking about how if the police barricade would have worked it would have kept protesters in the intersection the shooter drove through.  The protesters moved the barricades and created room out of the intersection.  If true, who knows how many lives were saved.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Why?