Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

Spartan Stadium East Berm Is Coming Down

On 7/24/2020 at 5:19 AM, MWC Tex said:

Wonder why they show CSU and not Fresno St?

Regardless of the opponent, when at halftime the visiting team has had the ball for less than 12 minutes but has nevertheless scored 24 points, that speaks volumes about the quality of your defense.

The East Berm is now history. The scoreboard panels are in place and the new sound system is being installed atop. The long white structure seen in the distance behind the east side of the stadium is the brand new parking garage that was built across 10th street, where the old track used to be. The parking structure will be used not only for stadium events, but also for students to park and ride, and will provide additional revenue from events held at the San Jose Ice facility across Alma and the Minor League baseball stadium, also across Alma.

2020 Removed.jpg

Scoreboard1.jpg

2020 Removed2.jpg

Champ Logo.jpg

39 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

The parking structure will be used not only for stadium events, but also for students to park and ride, and will provide additional revenue from events held at the San Jose Ice facility across Alma and the Minor League baseball stadium, also across Alma.

It seems pretty speculative to presume the San Jose Ice facility continues to operate due to people's aversion to indoor activities now and in the near future.

Also. I really hope the end zone seating in the south end zone is renovated in a similar way to the north end zone seating because reducing the seating by a small amout would improve views of the stadium from Alma significantly.

6 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

It seems pretty speculative to presume the San Jose Ice facility continues to operate due to people's aversion to indoor activities now and in the near future.

There's demand for the expanded rinks (over 4k capacity for the new San Jose Barracuda rink/home), plus other events (junior hockey tourneys), etc.  Covid-19's current impact notwithstanding, in a couple of years when the buildout is complete the parking access to Sharks Ice from the new SJSU parking garage will be essential.  They couldn't have expanded without it.

On 6/10/2020 at 7:44 PM, Mike Morgan said:

Lights and concrete walkways across the top have been removed. For the past week they've been hauling the berm away by the truckload...

Berm Removal.jpg

Getting ready for FCS, gotta downsize.

I kid. It’s good to see that the clueless President and AD are at least getting something done for football. 

kat.jpg

On 6/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, Anon5251042 said:

Cool story, would you mind citing a few sources to confirm this?

I don’t imagine he can. City building inspectors would have no jurisdiction on state land. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I don’t imagine he can. City building inspectors would have no jurisdiction on state land. 

Exactly right.  The whole "I heard SJSU professors talking" story was a BS canard from the very start.  

On 6/11/2020 at 2:49 PM, Cincy said:

He’s basically saying that the east side stands at Shartan Stadium were condemned by the city due to rotted out wood steps and warped aluminum bleachers. We’ve all seen the pics. 

Well @Cincy, It's been almost 4 months since I've asked you for a source. It's either that or it's final. Meaning that this claim is just something you've completely made up.

2 minutes ago, Anon5251042 said:

Well @Cincy, It's been almost 4 months since I've asked you for a source. It's either that or it's final. Meaning that this claim is just something you've completely made up.

Wow, this must've been bugging you.  No, I don't care to look it up, but can you prove that the city didn't?

I mean, look at the pics.  Had you been there prior to the tear down?  If memory serves, I wanna say @mugtang (maybe not him) said that someone he was with or he saw someone who's foot broke through the wooden steps.  It was a dangerous shyt pile either way whether the city actually condemned it or not.