Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

Spartan Stadium East Berm Is Coming Down

The upper half stands of the north end zone, to the left, were removed, and the area is being landscaped and prepped for the installation of the new scoreboard and fan lounge area with an outdoor bar. This was where the large drilling was taking place in the post above.

I believe some of the east berm will remain, and be used as foundation for the new stands. 

107099650_2662526234006379_5273055512490

Champ Logo.jpg

38 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

The upper half stands of the north end zone, to the left, were removed, and the area is being landscaped and prepped for the installation of the new scoreboard and fan lounge area with an outdoor bar. This was where the large drilling was taking place in the post above.

I believe some of the east berm will remain, and be used as foundation for the new stands. 

107099650_2662526234006379_5273055512490

From this angle, if they keep taking down that east berm the complex could be converted into a nice baseball stadium. :rimshot1:

3 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

From this angle, if they keep taking down that east berm the complex could be converted into a nice baseball stadium. :rimshot1:

Speaking of baseball, this news broke today:

A new practice field opens up the space to build the new baseball stadium where the current practice facility is located.

Champ Logo.jpg

55 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Speaking of baseball, this news broke today:

I new practice field opens up the space to build the new baseball stadium where the current practice facility is located.

That is a good start. Hopefully the fan base steps up to maximize the donation match from the Luries.

I didn't realize that Bob Lurie was still alive.

9 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

What is the time table for the stadium, to be finished ?

The scoreboard and lounge part of the project are supposed to be in place for this season (if there is one). The entire project completion is three years away.

Champ Logo.jpg

Structural supports for the new video scoreboard are now in place. I was incorrect about when this phase of the project will be complete. The new scoreboard and lounge area aren't schedule for completion until 2021.

EdoNDfhVAAAWAuM?format=jpg&name=largeEdoNDfnUEAAVAbM?format=jpg&name=large

Champ Logo.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

Structural supports for the new video scoreboard are now in place. I was incorrect about when this phase of the project will be complete. The new scoreboard and lounge area aren't schedule for completion until 2021.

Looking good. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

4 hours ago, dudleyDgroot said:

Pretty sure new scoreboard/video board to be ready for this season....

Agreed.  The scoreboard is scheduled for completion this year, the lounge for next year.

13 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Wonder why they show CSU and not Fresno St?

17 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Finish the scoreboard and lounge. Turn the east side into a nice press box and luxury sweet area and call it a day.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok