Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Confederate Things Torn Down

27 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Sic semper tyrannus?

Or maybe Mary Todd was a total Karen. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

These people are getting ridiculous. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

896308F8-923F-4C7D-A8C3-6CF15EF482D2.png

Now Lincoln is a racist who owned slaves...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I give up.   

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Trump has 0 business getting reelected.  This is how you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, democrats.

They’re going to get Trump re-elected and this is why.  This will be featured in every Trump campaign advertisement going forward. 

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Trump has 0 business getting reelected.  This is how you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, democrats.

14 minutes ago, mugtang said:

They’re going to get Trump re-elected and this is why.  This will be featured in every Trump campaign advertisement going forward. 

No amount of statue toppling would get either of you to vote for him. The people tasked with stopping them don’t care. Trump is cooked.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

32 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No amount of statue toppling would get either of you to vote for him. The people tasked with stopping them don’t care. Trump is cooked.

We will see how far this progresses.  If/when churches start getting defaced and irreplaceable stained glass smashed out of cathedrals I think outrage will motivate a lot of non political types.  Even people who do not go to church but were raised in one, or go very sparingly. 

The institutions are failing before our very eyes. People no longer believe in them. There is no trust in any of the authoritative systems. The police, the judiciary, Congress, the presidency, the DOJ, the press. The mob is taking over in the vaccum of faith and that's really bad. Trump's rhetoric is not the cause of this disease but he's one hell of an accelerant. What's going to happen if Derick Chauvin is found not guilty because the jurors felt he followed the law? And what is going to happen if jurors convict him to appease the mob? That's just as scary. Now understand I do not proclaim he is innocent in any way, shape or form, but God help us.

33 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The institutions are failing before our very eyes. People no longer believe in them. There is no trust in any of the authoritative systems. The police, the judiciary, Congress, the presidency, the DOJ, the press. The mob is taking over in the vaccum of faith and that's really bad. Trump's rhetoric is not the cause of this disease but he's one hell of an accelerant. What's going to happen if Derick Chauvin is found not guilty because the jurors felt he followed the law? And what is going to happen if jurors convict him to appease the mob? That's just as scary. Now understand I do not proclaim he is innocent in any way, shape or form, but God help us.

This isn’t about George Floyd or Chauvin. It hasn’t been for weeks.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We will see how far this progresses.  If/when churches start getting defaced and irreplaceable stained glass smashed out of cathedrals I think outrage will motivate a lot of non political types.  Even people who do not go to church but were raised in one, or go very sparingly. 

Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. Where do you set your line of outrage to vote for the man?

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. Where do you set your line of outrage to vote for the man?

Nowhere.  I live in Idaho so can vote how I please with the comfort of knowing it will have no impact. 

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nowhere.  I live in Idaho so can vote how I please with the comfort of knowing it will have no impact. 

Good man. Wtf would want to be president in 2021-2025 anyway.

6 hours ago, toonkee said:

There is no trust in any of the authoritative systems. The police, the judiciary, Congress, the presidency, the DOJ, the press. 

Give me a reason to trust them.  They have lost it.  Not the individual people inside of the systems, but the systems themselves.  I have friend cops and will chat with officers who monitor the downtown area, because indivdually, they are good people who want to do right.  But even they know there are issues inside of their system.  We know there are issues inside of the judicial system, we know there are issues inside of the legislature, and we know the executive branch is only helping to fan the flames of it all, using media platforms to do so.

The actual protesters, not these fools vandalizing and destroying shit, need to stop saying +++++ police, and be specific at what they are mad at.  

And now Teddy Roosevelt comes down.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/us/new-york-theodore-roosevelt-statue-removal-trnd/index.html

I always considered myself a TR Square Deal kind of guy. The Pres I most admired.

Now, the mob has decided he is a racist and a Colonialist.

Are there any Americans worth honoring ?

What comes down next ?

Teddy Bears ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

This is no different than the book and rock and roll burnings of recent past.  They are the American Taliban.

It's hard to determine the "they" though.  How do we identify who is who?  At least with Taliban, they can be identified.  We have seen far-left and far-right anarchists, far-left anti-everything, random people, and probably some conspirators who just want to mess shit up.  How do we attack this?  

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It's hard to determine the "they" though.  How do we identify who is who?  At least with Taliban, they can be identified.  We have seen far-left and far-right anarchists, far-left anti-everything, random people, and probably some conspirators who just want to mess shit up.  How do we attack this?  

With Billy clubs and significant jail terms to start.

110926run_defense710.jpg