Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Confederate Things Torn Down

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Peaceful protesters need to take control and turn disrupters over to the police. 

Many have.  Some have been beaten by the disrupters, and some were mistakenly arrested and assaulted by police while turning them in.  Not everyone wants to attack folks with weapons in their hand.  Video is essentially their best option.

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If Chauvin is found innocent what we’ve recently seen is going to pale in comparison to what will happen. It will get extremely ugly. 

Minneapolis will burn if that happens.

And it very well could depending on what happens pre-trial. Change of venue to a Trump-loving suburb, for instance, could secure a mistrial at least.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

4 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Minneapolis will burn if that happens.

And it very well could depending on what happens pre-trial. Change of venue to a Trump-loving suburb, for instance, could secure a mistrial at least.

This assumes that a "Trump-loving suburb" is filled with people who don't believe Chauvin did anything wrong.  I live in Trump-loving country.  Haven't met a single person who thinks Chauvin is innocent.  Dead serious.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

This assumes that a "Trump-loving suburb" is filled with people who don't believe Chauvin did anything wrong.  I live in Trump-loving country.  Haven't met a single person who thinks Chauvin is innocent.  Dead serious.

When subjected to the sure-to-come character assasination of Floyd, the biased coroner's report, etc., Trump-loving country's instinctive bootlicking will be activated. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

36 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

That makes me harken back to my army basic training days when part of the training was to spray chlorine gas on us while crawling under a barb wire grid and see who could quickly get their gas mask on and sealed. Several poor bastards failed. The other part was making us enter a gas filled bunker with our mask on, take it off, recite, our serial number, and run out of the bunker. That shit burns sweaty skin, mask or not. 

When I got to my final unit in 2004 I committed a rookie mistake. I failed to inspect my gas mask when it was issued to me. I was in a hurry to get the check in process done and get to work unphucking the my new shop. I inherited a mess from the previous NCOIC. 6 months later I have to go to the gas chamber for annual block training. I get in the chamber and to my surprise my mask doesn’t have filters in it. My dumbass decided to just suck it up and ride it out. That was by far the worst gas chamber experience I ever had. 10X worse than boot camp. I rectified the no filter situation that day! It’s funny as hell now looking back, but damn that day sucked!

2 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

When subjected to the sure-to-come character assasination of Floyd, the biased coroner's report, etc., Trump-loving country's instinctive bootlicking will be activated. 

I actually doubt it.  His character has already been negatively brought up, coroner's report has already been refuted, and the video is pretty damning.  Again, I don't think he gets the second-degree murder, but manslaughter should be pretty easy to get the conviction.  What would be key is the rookie cop's testimony.

1 minute ago, sean327 said:

When I got to my final unit in 2004 I committed a rookie mistake. I failed to inspect my gas mask when it was issued to me. I was in a hurry to get the check in process done and get to work unphucking the my new shop. I inherited a mess from the previous NCOIC. 6 months later I have to go to the gas chamber for annual block training. I get in the chamber and to my surprise my mask doesn’t have filters in it. My dumbass decided to just suck it up and ride it out. That was by far the worst gas chamber experience I ever had. 10X worse than boot camp. I rectified the no filter situation that day! It’s funny as hell now looking back, but damn that day sucked!

I wish I would have been there.   Not because I don't like you, but to watch a SNCO lose his shit in the chamber was always funny to us, even if we were friendly with one another.  Just one of those Marine Corps dynamics.  :D

No more Mississippi Confederate Flag as of yesterday's Special Session in the Magnolia State.

Finally.

Bye this.

image.jpeg.aa885dbdad38caf34dffffa5452f582e.jpeg

Hopefully they all vote in something like Lebanon Cypress Tree flag, with a Magnolia thingie instead.  And of course the mandatory "In God We Trust" requirement. 

image.jpeg.12b5b5a804ec632c39d0aa66415f3a57.jpeg

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

26 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Absolutely right here.  Which is what makes it a concern with protests.  If protests are halted due to not being peaceful, what stops any jackass to go to a protest they don't like and start being unruly?  Which has been cited in a few arrests with the recent protests (both virus and Floyd).  How do we maintain our constitutional rights from essentially terrorists that infiltrate protests?  What about government entities fanning the flames to get protesters to do something to give an opening to say "no longer peaceful"?  I think that is exactly what we saw with cops slashing tires and slicing open water bottles, as well as the gas and rubber.

Or for that matter cointelpro type situations. we, uh, do not have a good history with any protest movement. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I wish I would have been there.   Not because I don't like you, but to watch a SNCO lose his shit in the chamber was always funny to us, even if we were friendly with one another.  Just one of those Marine Corps dynamics.  :D

I played it off pretty well. Just stood there and took my punishment for being a dumbass. 

11 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

No more Mississippi Confederate Flag as of yesterday's Special Session in the Magnolia State.

Finally.

Bye this.

image.jpeg.aa885dbdad38caf34dffffa5452f582e.jpeg

Hopefully they all vote in something like Lebanon Cypress Tree flag, with a Magnolia thingie instead.  And of course the mandatory "In God We Trust" requirement. 

image.jpeg.12b5b5a804ec632c39d0aa66415f3a57.jpeg

I'm surprised the Georgia flag hasn't had a controversy.  Until this recent discussion about Mississippi's falg, I didn't know that the Georgia flag is essentially the actual flag of the confederates with the Georgia seal added. Not sure why the actual flag of the confederacy is less offensive than the battle flag. Even crazier to me is that the Georgia flag is new from 2003.

shutterstock-478456918.jpg

Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_Americ

34 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

i feel like it's already happened

35 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i feel like it's already happened

It has. I have a few friends who are using the “ but he was a convicted criminal and druggie” card.

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

It has. I have a few friends who are using the “ but he was a convicted criminal and druggie” card.

I had someone who considers himself religious say that to me.

I pointed out that George Floyd was in Minneapolis on a church sponsored discipleship and job training program. He was working to change his life which is all any of us can do.

I also showed him this Christianity Today article about Floyd and his Houston church work. It includes a picture of George Floyd holding a Bible with a church group.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2020/may/george-floyd-ministry-houston-third-ward-church.html

The other person did not know how to reply after that.

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Peaceably is the key word here. Throwing rocks and bottles at police and looting and destroying property doesn’t fall under peaceably. 

Agreed. Deal with the individuals though. Don't tear into those are demonstrating peacably.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 hours ago, sean327 said:

I know where you are coming from. Though not nearly as badly. My first time they forced us to do push-ups and sound off in the chamber unmasked. I had been carrying a chest cold for three weeks I couldn't shake. The damned CS gas knocked it out of me.

Hours later, after I had recovered from the experience my chest was 90% cleared and I was fine within 48 hours.

I do not recommend that course of treatment for bronchial infections.

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

I know where you are coming from. Though not nearly as badly. My first time they forced us to do push-ups and sound off in the chamber unmasked. I had been carrying a chest cold for three weeks I couldn't shake. The damned CS gas knocked it out of me.

Hours later, after I had recovered from the experience my chest was 90% cleared and I was fine within 48 hours.

I do not recommend that course of treatment for bronchial infections.

I had a nasty cold in boot camp when we went to the gas chamber. Cleared right up a day later. The whole platoon had the crud when we went up to Camp Pendleton. Gas chamber cured us.😀😀

27 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I had a nasty cold in boot camp when we went to the gas chamber. Cleared right up a day later. The whole platoon had the crud when we went up to Camp Pendleton. Gas chamber cured us.😀😀

How many would willingly take that cure ?

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, tspoke said:

I'm surprised the Georgia flag hasn't had a controversy.  Until this recent discussion about Mississippi's falg, I didn't know that the Georgia flag is essentially the actual flag of the confederates with the Georgia seal added. Not sure why the actual flag of the confederacy is less offensive than the battle flag. Even crazier to me is that the Georgia flag is new from 2003.

shutterstock-478456918.jpg

Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_Americ

Are you less offended by it?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.