Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Confederate Things Torn Down

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

If you’re not answering that question for us, frankly I question your purpose here. 

it sounds suspiciously like you are rhetorically questioning my purpose here

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Just tell him your purpose is to meet girls.

Unless you are one.  In which case....tell him anyways.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

I question all of our purposes here. I say act accordingly.

23 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I question all of our purposes here. I say act accordingly.

Hey yo Mormons! Get on your bikes, we got a live one over here.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:43 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lincoln is next, didn’t you hear?

Andrew Jackson should come down. He defied a SCOTUS ruling in regards to the US Treaty with the Native Tribes of the SE US. His blatant violation of the Treaty led directly to the Trail of Tears.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 6/24/2020 at 2:45 PM, modestobulldog said:

Law & Order > Chaos & Lawlessness

Law and Order.

You can't have have both. The Law says we have a right to redress our grievances to the Guv. It's right there in the 1st Amendment. Before the fave of the Right which is the 2nd Amendment. The one the Libs want to eliminate.

Meaning the Right to Peaceably assemble. That's the Amendment the Far Right wants to alter to protect the part about Religious Liberty, but wants to eliminate the rest of it. That one 

If you want Order, it has been proven necessary to disregard the First Amendment Rights we supposedly have, by fire hosing our Citizens, murdering them, loosing attack dogs on them, and other heinous acts to prevent us from addressing our grievances.

Sad, sad situation.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7636823

Probably the reaction of that SEC board you post here sometimes.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:40 AM, sean327 said:

The use of CS gas or what is commonly known as tear gas is banned for use on the battlefield by Geneva Convention and numerous other chemical weapons ban treaties, yet police departments have zero issue using it on American citizens in American cities. Think about that for a minute. Rules of engagement, and rules for what weapons can or can’t be used are way stricter for the military than they are for law enforcement. That’s a huge issue for me.

That makes me harken back to my army basic training days when part of the training was to spray chlorine gas on us while crawling under a barb wire grid and see who could quickly get their gas mask on and sealed. Several poor bastards failed. The other part was making us enter a gas filled bunker with our mask on, take it off, recite, our serial number, and run out of the bunker. That shit burns sweaty skin, mask or not. 

17 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Law and Order.

You can't have have both. The Law says we have a right to redress our grievances to the Guv. It's right there in the 1st Amendment. Before the fave of the Right which is the 2nd Amendment. The one the Libs want to eliminate.

Meaning the Right to Peaceably assemble. That's the Amendment the Far Right wants to alter to protect the part about Religious Liberty, but wants to eliminate the rest of it. That one 

If you want Order, it has been proven necessary to disregard the First Amendment Rights we supposedly have, by fire hosing our Citizens, murdering them, loosing attack dogs on them, and other heinous acts to prevent us from addressing our grievances.

Sad, sad situation.

Peaceably is the key word here. Throwing rocks and bottles at police and looting and destroying property doesn’t fall under peaceably. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Peaceably is the key word here. Throwing rocks and bottles at police and looting and destroying property doesn’t fall under peaceably. 

Absolutely right here.  Which is what makes it a concern with protests.  If protests are halted due to not being peaceful, what stops any jackass to go to a protest they don't like and start being unruly?  Which has been cited in a few arrests with the recent protests (both virus and Floyd).  How do we maintain our constitutional rights from essentially terrorists that infiltrate protests?  What about government entities fanning the flames to get protesters to do something to give an opening to say "no longer peaceful"?  I think that is exactly what we saw with cops slashing tires and slicing open water bottles, as well as the gas and rubber.

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Absolutely right here.  Which is what makes it a concern with protests.  If protests are halted due to not being peaceful, what stops any jackass to go to a protest they don't like and start being unruly?  Which has been cited in a few arrests with the recent protests (both virus and Floyd).  How do we maintain our constitutional rights from essentially terrorists that infiltrate protests?  What about government entities fanning the flames to get protesters to do something to give an opening to say "no longer peaceful"?  I think that is exactly what we saw with cops slashing tires and slicing open water bottles, as well as the gas and rubber.

Peaceful protesters need to take control and turn disrupters over to the police. They usually outnumber the disrupters by a large margin so that shouldn’t be a problem handling a few that choose not to be peaceful. 

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If Chauvin is found innocent what we’ve recently seen is going to pale in comparison to what will happen. It will get extremely ugly. 

He gets off on second-degree murder, but second-degree manslaughter and third-degree murder are still there, and he isn't getting off on manslaughter.  They are probably trying to get him with third degree murder, and are using the second-degree murder to negotiate.  Ironically, that is one of the tactics heavily used by the judicial system against the poor frequently to obtain plea deals.

ETA:  my concern is justifiably exonerating the rookie cop, and people flip out because they don't know that part of the story.