Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Confederate Things Torn Down

5 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

"The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history,"   George Orwell.

You people really need to stop it with the George Orwell. The statues are an attempt to deny and obliterate our understanding of our own history. And it’s working on some people.

Fort Bragg will discuss changing its name on June 22.

No not the military base, this is the city of Fort Bragg in California near Mendocino.

The area was first named in 1857 by a military officer to recognize his former commander, then-Captain Braxton Bragg of the US Army (later of the CSA).

Previous name changes have been talked about in 2004 and 2015.

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Are they traitors for seceding from the union? If so I suppose you’ll be as deep throated in denouncing those in favor of California secession or anywhere else if it comes to that.

Does anyone actually take that serious?

That's just a bullshit "what if" and Cal haters get to speculate about how the "lib" state would fail on it's own.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Does anyone actually take that serious?

That's just a bullshit "what if" and Cal haters get to speculate about how the "lib" state would fail on it's own.

If Trump gets re-elected I think it’ll get some serious discussion in a few places. Perhaps it should be seriously discussed.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 hours ago, retrofade said:

I know it's been mentioned here before, but have you weighed in on Banksy's proposal.

Replace the monuments with ones of people pulling them down? That commemorates your precious history of slavery with the events that led to their removal. 

@Jackrabbit, care to weigh in?

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

You must watch cnn for affirmation....not information.  I never denied trump can be an ass.

This showed up on my Twitter feed. Thanks for watching.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

This showed up on my Twitter feed. Thanks for watching.

You’re wasting your time. He and his ilk are either intentionally dishonest or too stupid to understand.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

3 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

90 % of network "news" personalities are Dem party propagandists including this guy. I dont care what he says.

Sometimes democrats are right and sometimes republicans are right. Often they are both right about different parts of an issue.

This time Tapper is right about everything he said and you are concerned that racist generals that lost a war fought to own people aren't being honored by statues.

I know, you're a history buff and all.

9 hours ago, toonkee said:

Sometimes democrats are right and sometimes republicans are right. Often they are both right about different parts of an issue.

This time Tapper is right about everything he said and you are concerned that racist generals that lost a war fought to own people aren't being honored by statues.

I know, you're a history buff and all.

Talking about our sometimes ugly history is not honoring anyone.  Our political left prefers to judge our country using todays PC culture to divide us.  Its wrong.

19 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Talking about our sometimes ugly history is not honoring anyone.  Our political left prefers to judge our country using todays PC culture to divide us.  Its wrong.

Sprinkles are for winners. 

Posted Image

50 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

I guess I just don’t understand how it’s “erasing history” if the citizens of a township, county, or state want a statue of a Confederate politician or soldier removed from public property. The Jefferson Davis statue in the Kentucky Statehouse, the Nathan Bedford Forrest bust in Tennessee’s ... you don’t see how openly displaying glorifying monuments to those guys could be divisive? They can be referenced or discussed in museums or history classes but I see no upside in glorifying them in or on taxpayer property. Perhaps a statue of Jefferson Davis in shackles at Fort Monroe would be a little more appropriate.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

So, wait a second ... talking about our ugly history is a left-wing PC plot to divide us and is wrong. Because we need to keep the statues of these men so we can continue to talk about our ugly history.