Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Tom Arnold Wants Civil War

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Who is Tom Arnold?

I still don't know. And I'm in the vanguard as a leftist academic!

This is some deep state shit.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

34 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Ah man.   E tu Brutus? 

Oh I don't believe that you want a civil war any more than I believe that Convert actually wants to suck Trump's di.... no wait, I think it's clear that he does actually want to do that. 

10 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Who was the husband of Roseanne Barr for 1000 Alex.

19 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

I googled it.  Appears he is a B list actor who has been in a bunch of movies two decades ago I have never heard of.

For everyone who doesn’t know who Tom Arnold is, I highly recommend his 1996 film The Stupids. To be clear, it is a terrible movie that, even at 11 years old - I was the target audience! - I instinctively hated. However, there are two incredible moments.

First, Arnold’s character believes he is talking to god, but it is in actuality the janitor at a museum. The mans name is Lloyd, which leads Arnold to believe that people have been mispronouncing “lord” for millennia. When he asks god what he can do to make life on earth better, Lloyd says it would help him if people would spit their gum in the trash instead of sticking it wherever they happen to be standing. This becomes a major plot point later in the film, which I won’t spoil.

The second amazing, underrated moment is a musical number entitled “I’m My Own Grandpa,” sung by Arnold, which details levels of inbreeding that would make the collected royal families of Europe blush and requires Hank-Schrader-looking-for-Heisenberg-but-not-realizing-it’s-his-own-brother-in-law levels of dot-connecting to understand. 

All this is to say that if that’s the best thing he’s done in his career, nobody is listening to Tom Arnold. 

2 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

For everyone who doesn’t know who Tom Arnold is, I highly recommend his 1996 film The Stupids. To be clear, it is a terrible movie that, even at 11 years old - I was the target audience! - I instinctively hated. However, there are two incredible moments.

First, Arnold’s character believes he is talking to god, but it is in actuality the janitor at a museum. The mans name is Lloyd, which leads Arnold to believe that people have been mispronouncing “lord” for millennia. When he asks god what he can do to make life on earth better, Lloyd says it would help him if people would spit their gum in the trash instead of sticking it wherever they happen to be standing. This becomes a major plot point later in the film, which I won’t spoil.

The second amazing, underrated moment is a musical number entitled “I’m My Own Grandpa,” sung by Arnold, which details levels of inbreeding that would make the collected royal families of Europe blush and requires Hank-Schrader-looking-for-Heisenberg-but-not-realizing-it’s-his-own-brother-in-law levels of dot-connecting to understand. 

All this is to say that if that’s the best thing he’s done in his career, nobody is listening to Tom Arnold. 

I think Arnold was Swarzenegger's sidekick in True Lies, which I remember to be an alright movie. 

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I googled it.  Appears he is a B list actor who has been in a bunch of movies two decades ago I 3 never heard of.

Being Roseanne Barr’s ex-husband is really the only reason why anyone knows his name.

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Who is Tom Arnold?

This reminds me of the time you didn’t know who the band in this meme was ...

5E3A3596-14B4-4DFB-A8D4-1598BEB0AF59.jpeg.920fa9144d75cc83df30f49e99b515be.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Being Roseanne Barr’s ex-husband is really the only reason why anyone knows his name.

He was very funny in that movie he did with Arnie and Jamie Lee Curtis.

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

He was very funny in that movie he did with Arnie and Jamie Lee Curtis.

I barely remember, but I do recall that being the case. Still, I’m sticking to my statement. the only reason he made in to the mainstream was Roseanne. And I’m sure that got him that role.

10 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I barely remember, but I do recall that being the case. Still, I’m sticking to my statement. the only reason he made in to the mainstream was Roseanne. And I’m sure that got him that role.

Yah, he's kind of like Janine Garapalo.  An actor who didn't really do much acting.

Bill Paxton was in that movie too, he was great.  I'm trying to exercise my brain by remembering what it was called without looking it up.

19 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You never watched Big Bully?

Big_Bully.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Yah, he's kind of like Janine Garapalo.  An actor who didn't really do much acting.

Bill Paxton was in that movie too, he was great.  I'm trying to exercise my brain by remembering what it was called without looking it up.

True Lies, right? I loved Bill Paxton, but I don’t remember him in the movie at all. But Aliens and as Chet in Weird Science? Awesome. I never watched Big Love, but I heard it was great.

24 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You never watched Big Bully?

Big_Bully.jpg

That would be an awesome recruiting poster for Arnie's Army  !

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

True Lies, right? I loved Bill Paxton, but I don’t remember him in the movie at all. But Aliens and as Chet in Weird Science? Awesome. I never watched Big Love, but I heard it was great.

Bill Paxton was the lying weenie used car salesman that was pretending to be a secret agent to try and seduce the character played by Jamie Lee Curtis.